View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
tnell wrote:
Ball and Bogut are both out tonight according to the Lakers twitter account.

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers @Lakers
Lonzo Ball (mild left ankle sprain) and Andrew Bogut (strained left groin) are out tonight.
12:09 PM · Oct 8, 2017

I'm legit starting to worry a bit that Lonzo is injury prone or is a slow healer. Probably unfounded, but the Spectrum guys said yesterday Lonzo was still limping, and when I was 19 I'd sprain my ankle and be fine with no limp in a day or three, and I didn't have access to professional trainers. If he sprain was mild like the Lakers said, I would think Lonzo should have been fine by now, a week after the injury, and if he wasn't 100 percent, at least be walking without a limp 6 days after.

You are a worrier . I don’t think there’s anything to worry about I Think they are probably just protecting their mega-hyped, already future first ballot hall of famer, franchise asset going into the actual season where things start to count.

Dunno. Like I said, the Spectrum guys said yesterday that they saw him sidelined in practice and still limping. That sounds like he's still hurt, not that they're just being overprotective.
Troblin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

Lonzo ducking Deaaron Fox again....
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
tnell wrote:

Quote:
Lonzo Ball (mild left ankle sprain) and Andrew Bogut (strained left groin) are out tonight.

I'm legit starting to worry a bit that Lonzo is injury prone or is a slow healer. Probably unfounded, but the Spectrum guys said yesterday Lonzo was still limping, and when I was 19 I'd sprain my ankle and be fine with no limp in a day or three, and I didn't have access to professional trainers. If he sprain was mild like the Lakers said, I would think Lonzo should have been fine by now, a week after the injury, and if he wasn't 100 percent, at least be walking without a limp 6 days after.

You are a worrier . I don’t think there’s anything to worry about I Think they are probably just protecting their mega-hyped, already future first ballot hall of famer, franchise asset going into the actual season where things start to count.

Dunno. Like I said, the Spectrum guys said yesterday that they saw him sidelined in practice and still limping. That sounds like he's still hurt, not that they're just being overprotective.

Maybe he is still hurt. I clearly remember when people said that Steph Curry would never have a career because he was too frail and always injured and yada yada. You are a worrier. Season hasn’t even started yet. Let’s stay calm
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

Troblin wrote:

Yep. He sprained his ankle by landing on someone else's foot a couple games ago on purpose....just to avoid facing Fox.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Troblin wrote:

Yep. He sprained his ankle by landing on someone else's foot a couple games ago on purpose....just to avoid facing Fox.

Caruso got foxy's number
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Troblin wrote:

Hehe. Won't stop haters to say it though for sure.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Lakers did not look ready for the regular season at all. Shouldn't they be playing everyone to get them ready? Unless they want to throw the first few games just to get everyone ready? I think they're gonna get spanked by the lowly Clippers.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Vin wrote:
It's kinda sad we're here rooting for one guy to get 20 or 30 points in a pre season game. I really want to see the team improve now.

Do we have the full crew playing tonight ?

Guarantee we don't! Our modern Lakers are extremely cautious. Nobody is thrown in the fire, everyone is babied along slowly, and you can have a day off if you have a hang nail. It's funny how the old timers like to call modern players soft, then you have Magic out there doing baseball signs to Luke Walton to shut down Ingram for the entire summer league. Ingram had a head bump and had to sit out last game. They're soft because you treat them as such. I'm not calling out the players, I'm calling out on how they're handled.

First noticeable instance of that hyper-caution to me was in 97 when they played Shaq soon after he had a knee strain and, like clockwork, he blew the opposite knee out at Minnesota when he went up for a rebound and the toe of his shoe landed on the heel of Dean Garrett. Then they pulled him and the Minnesota team doctor cleared him to return and he went back out for 5-6 more trips up court including a lob dunk and a standard dunk for two extra impact landings on the knee. He was such a monster, it took him all that extra running before he started to feel the pain and he winced and he was the one who signaled Del to come out. Cost him 30 gms and major surgery on multiple structures in the knee. They had him in a hard cast and a wheelchair. Not only that, but he came back in April and played the rest of the season with that metal brace. What was weird is that he wore those big yellow LSU kneepads for the only time in his pro career in the game in which he got injured. It showed that he himself felt unsure about his status on the opposite knee at least. Besides the effect of favoring one leg over the other, the injuries weren't even connected. However, with Shaq in particular, he was treated so cautiously that accusations of malingering (real or perceived) started to grow in the years following. In 98, he pulled a stomach muscle against Minnesota at home and he was out for 22 gms, iirc. He did do a funky centipede dance upcourt after that particular dunk. That might've been what caused the injury. That's when I first remember hearing that one of his injuries was taking suspiciously long to heal.

In 95, Eddie Jones tore something in his shoulder while dunking and he came back soon enough that the team doc(s) told him not to dunk if he could avoid it. Chick mentions that in my Eddie d0nX1! video after he yoked on someone. http://tinyurl.com/ybztnlbu Today, it would be hard to picture any player as important as Eddie being allowed to return with ANY kind of suggested restriction lest it was in the playoffs or lest it was Kobe who held huge sway over his own playing status. Kobe wanted to play with injuries and had the clout to demand it. Also, Nick had a degenerative cartilage issue in his knee. I remember reading he was at or near bone-on-bone friction as early as 96. Think of last year when they sat Russell indefinitely for a strained muscle. That prolonged hiatus may have wound up screwing up his momentum as much as the condition itself. Makes me wonder how they would've handled Nick's issue in recent years.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
tnell wrote:

Quote:

I had a bad sprain when I was about 22 and I had a 3 inch bruise under the ball joint on my ankle. I've never seen an actual bruise from a sprain. I was out there playing the next day like an idiot. He'll be fine. I think they're "pussyfooting" him along, pun intended.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Vin wrote:
It's kinda sad we're here rooting for one guy to get 20 or 30 points in a pre season game. I really want to see the team improve now.

Do we have the full crew playing tonight ?

Guarantee we don't! Our modern Lakers are extremely cautious. Nobody is thrown in the fire, everyone is babied along slowly, and you can have a day off if you have a hang nail. It's funny how the old timers like to call modern players soft, then you have Magic out there doing baseball signs to Luke Walton to shut down Ingram for the entire summer league. Ingram had a head bump and had to sit out last game. They're soft because you treat them as such. I'm not calling out the players, I'm calling out on how they're handled.

First noticeable instance of that hyper-caution to me was in 97 when they played Shaq soon after he had a knee strain and, like clockwork, he blew the opposite knee out at Minnesota when he went up for a rebound and the toe of his shoe landed on the heel of Dean Garrett. Then they pulled him and the Minnesota team doctor cleared him to return and he went back out for 5-6 more trips up court including a lob dunk and a standard dunk for two extra impact landings on the knee. He was such a monster, it took him all that extra running before he started to feel the pain and he winced and he was the one who signaled Del to come out. Cost him 30 gms and major surgery on multiple structures in the knee. They had him in a hard cast and a wheelchair. Not only that, but he came back in April and played the rest of the season with that metal brace. What was weird is that he wore those big yellow LSU kneepads for the only time in his pro career in the game in which he got injured. It showed that he himself felt unsure about his status on the opposite knee at least. Besides the effect of favoring one leg over the other, the injuries weren't even connected. However, with Shaq in particular, he was treated so cautiously that accusations of malingering (real or perceived) started to grow in the years following. In 98, he pulled a stomach muscle against Minnesota at home and he was out for 22 gms, iirc. He did do a funky centipede dance upcourt after that particular dunk. That might've been what caused the injury. That's when I first remember hearing that one of his injuries was taking suspiciously long to heal.

In 95, Eddie Jones tore something in his shoulder while dunking and he came back soon enough that the team doc(s) told him not to dunk if he could avoid it. Chick mentions that in my Eddie d0nX1! video after he yoked on someone. http://tinyurl.com/ybztnlbu Today, it would be hard to picture any player as important as Eddie being allowed to return with ANY kind of suggested restriction lest it was in the playoffs or lest it was Kobe who held huge sway over his own playing status. Kobe wanted to play with injuries and had the clout to demand it. Also, Nick had a degenerative cartilage issue in his knee. I remember reading he was at or near bone-on-bone friction as early as 96. Think of last year when they sat Russell indefinitely for a strained muscle. That prolonged hiatus may have wound up screwing up his momentum as much as the condition itself. Makes me wonder how they would've handled Nick's issue in recent years.

The Lakers have mishandled injured players in the recent past. Karl Malone and Steve Nash come to mind. Maybe the way they're handling Lonzo is evidence that they've learned from their mistakes. Or maybe he is a slow healer.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Troblin wrote:

Lonzo's always been such a cerebral player
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Troblin wrote:

Replace the "b" with an L.

What do you got?
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Troblin wrote:

What do you got?

Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Troblin wrote:

What do you got?

On his user name.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject:

WOOH 2 hours, lets go B.I. step the (bleep) up
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
tnell wrote:

Quote:

He's missed a couple games because of a sprained ankle

Settle down
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Wonder if BI starts at point, I know not everyone likes the experiment but I think just getting him back into a distributor's mentality will be good for him, also to take the scoring burden off his shoulders a bit, also to start Kuzma at 3
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

I am interested in seeing how some of the young Kings players are developing, as we were able to with the young Wolve players.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I am interested in seeing how some of the young Kings players are developing, as we were able to with the young Wolve players.

Personally I'm not high on a single one of them.. a lot of people are though
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Troblin wrote:

What do you got?

On his user name.

Thanks.....didn't think to check the user name.

Clever.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

kings about to get smacked around by BroLo and KuzTrain
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Ennis starting.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/billoram/status/917180041754165248

*2016 justsomelakerfan jumps for joy*
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject:

NOW Luke starts Nance
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 2 of 44
Jump to: