He shot 50% from the field and 50% from 3 in 2 of 3 games

why are yall using those stats like that

I want better for you guise

Come on man you know why they using it like that
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, whether we like it or not, the DLO trade will be big turning point for the Lakers either for the better or for the worse.

Wayyy too early to tell, but no way anyone can say DLO looks bad up to this point in Bklyn, but he may struggle tomorrow.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
E=MC² wrote:
Slowly sinking in that Lakers traded away the wrong player. Ingram should have gone in the D’Angelo trade

Nah, if you've watched any nets preseason games...DLO isn't very good, like at all. DLO wasn't traded because of his BB skills, he was traded away because of his lack of dedication to his craft and locker room issues. BI sucks right now too, but at least he's working on it...

DLo smoking them out there. This is hilarious.

Yeah? His 42% FG and 30% 3PT preseason doing it for you? Ok I'm done...haha, you guys are hilarious honestly.

So now its clear, you didnt watch him actually play lol

Box scores don't show the pace and defensive activity with which DLO has been playing with so far this pre-season. He has the right environment over there to grow as a player
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject:

It doesn’t even matter how he’s doing. Clearly his personality was the major issue. The front office and coaching staff lost all trust in him. He wasn’t going to receive an extension, soooo you cut bait and deal him while he has value. It’s as simple as that.

Or you can hold on to a guy like Boogie and get nothing.

Instead we got Lopez, Kuzma, and huge cap relief. To a certain extent KCP as well who may prove to be a decent trade chip.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject:

So we lost but I did notice a improvement in the defense today. Ingram looks pretty bad but it's still early. I'm really disappointed with KCP though, he's been so bad I keep forgetting he's on our team most the time
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
E=MC² wrote:
Slowly sinking in that Lakers traded away the wrong player. Ingram should have gone in the D’Angelo trade

Nah, if you've watched any nets preseason games...DLO isn't very good, like at all. DLO wasn't traded because of his BB skills, he was traded away because of his lack of dedication to his craft and locker room issues. BI sucks right now too, but at least he's working on it...

Stop it DLO has looked good and I'm in NY so I know.

His stats:

14pts 42% 30% 4ast 2rebs

Spoken like a person who didn't watch the games.

Well I dont need to watch him to know he put up below average stats.

And I watched DLO for two years, his boxscores usually look better than his actually game.

I Liked the guy when he was here but he was a disappointment to me the whole time. I dont see that changing soon.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
I miss DLO too, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Brandon Ingram was actually having a GOOD GAME until the final stretch.

That drive trying to overpower Rudy Gobert? The same Rudy Gobert that was using Randle for toilet paper as they closed in on us?

What this team needed was much more of a 2 man game or organized offense at the end. Not Brandon Ingram ISO time against a huge opponent.

Get Kuzma open within the offense, or a cutting Clarkson if he's got a back door. ANYTHING but the play that unfolded.

Luke's lineup decisions are what cost us the game. Utah clawed back by taking advantage of a major size mismatch and Luke did not respond. As if small ball is the universal answer in all situations.

Then again, maybe player evaluation took a front seat over final outcome. The Lakers will still start the season 0-0.

Agree about the offense at the end. They could've found better shots rather than Ingram trying to show his Mamba mentality. But like Luke said, that is how he'll learn what to do in those situations. I don't get the feeling Ingram is a selfish player, so he'll get better from the experience.

It's still hard to get a feel for the identity of this team with Ball missing so many games. I'm really happy to see the defense show up these last few games. If they give that kind of effort on defense every night then I think 35 wins is possible.

Utah is projected to win over 40 games and they played their starters a lot of minutes. They basically got back in the game against our backups. We were right there with them until the very end.

Gobert isn't a guy you want to go small against because he runs the floor well for a big guy and we don't have the shooters to bring him out of the paint. Lopez only played 22 minutes. I think this is a matchup where Bogut could've been a difference maker down the stretch. I hope he's able to play at least one preseason game.

KCP is not looking like a $17M player. He looks like a JC with slightly more active hands on defense. Only played 22 minutes and I can't really remember anything he did that stood out while we let Donovan Mitchell go off for 26.

Overall not a bad game. I hope Luke is still just figuring out rotations. I don't really think we have the talent to go 12 deep like he keeps trying. By now he should have a better feel for the rotations and tighten it up in the next game.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:
It doesn’t even matter how he’s doing. Clearly his personality was the major issue. The front office and coaching staff lost all trust in him. He wasn’t going to receive an extension, soooo you cut bait and deal him while he has value. It’s as simple as that.

Or you can hold on to a guy like Boogie and get nothing.

Instead we got Lopez, Kuzma, and huge cap relief. To a certain extent KCP as well who may prove to be a decent trade chip.

So, in summation, we took 1 good chip and exchanged it for multiple chips (including Kuzma is misleading) because a bunch of old 80s era players didnt like his attitude.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:

DMitch was pretty nice yesterday.
Glad he can't play defense though. Hopefully he'll be another Dame and nothing else
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
E=MC² wrote:

Stop it DLO has looked good and I'm in NY so I know.

His stats:

14pts 42% 30% 4ast 2rebs

Spoken like a person who didn't watch the games.

Well I dont need to watch him to know he put up below average stats.

And I watched DLO for two years, his boxscores usually look better than his actually game.

I Liked the guy when he was here but he was a disappointment to me the whole time. I dont see that changing soon.

In other words, you'll go with whatever supports your narrative.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50
Page 50 of 50
Jump to: