"Ball in the Family" - A Ball family reality show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Episode 7.

LOL. That couple won't last
I love how they showed the bad calls by the refs. And how the media was trying to make it a gender issue.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Episode 7.

I love how they showed the bad calls by the refs. And how the media was trying to make it a gender issue.

I knew it was over the minute Lonzo said “I am 19, Denise is 21” and tried to justify relationship with “you have always been there.”

Doesn’t look good but they are both kids, it was long odds anyway.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
22 wrote:
Practice wrote:
The latest episode was the first time I've ever heard of someone putting ranch on their steak.

Gelo & Lonzo both went to restaurants and both ordered steak and fries and threw away the veggies You can tell they're brothers haha

They have terrible diets for athletes. Lonzo was saying that was the biggest shocker to him talking with Steve Nash

Most young NBA players have terrible diets. They usually don't start eating better until their 3rd or 4th season.

Shaq's love of McDonalds early on is well documented.

Charles Barkley used to eat 2 McDonalds fish sandwiches before every game

Kobe was known for eating cheeseburgers and pizza the night before a game.

Caron Butler has said he had a full on soda addiction.

Paul Pierce admitted that as a rookie he hate Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast then had Burger King for lunch and dinner.

Don't forget Lamar's candy obsession, and it seems that never went away lol

One thing I didn't know until recently was that Dwight also has/had an INSANE candy addiction. Talking 1,000s of calories a day just from candy and it affected his rehab and performance while with the Lakers.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
22 wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
22 wrote:
Practice wrote:
The latest episode was the first time I've ever heard of someone putting ranch on their steak.

Gelo & Lonzo both went to restaurants and both ordered steak and fries and threw away the veggies You can tell they're brothers haha

They have terrible diets for athletes. Lonzo was saying that was the biggest shocker to him talking with Steve Nash

Most young NBA players have terrible diets. They usually don't start eating better until their 3rd or 4th season.

Shaq's love of McDonalds early on is well documented.

Charles Barkley used to eat 2 McDonalds fish sandwiches before every game

Kobe was known for eating cheeseburgers and pizza the night before a game.

Caron Butler has said he had a full on soda addiction.

Paul Pierce admitted that as a rookie he hate Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast then had Burger King for lunch and dinner.

Don't forget Lamar's candy obsession, and it seems that never went away lol

One thing I didn't know until recently was that Dwight also has/had an INSANE candy addiction. Talking 1,000s of calories a day just from candy and it affected his rehab and performance while with the Lakers.

Not shocking in the least. Basketball was always just a paycheck for Dwight
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Episode 7.

I knew it was over the minute Lonzo said “I am 19, Denise is 21” and tried to justify relationship with “you have always been there.”

Doesn’t look good but they are both kids, it was long odds anyway.
yep..its a wrap. didnt know she was older than him. she's going to be talking about lets have kids, when are we getting married. Zo is a young, not trying to show any emotions dude. thats how most guys are at that age. sorry Zo''s soon to be ex girlfriend. maybe they will meet back up when zo grows up a bit.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Episode 7.

thats why i made the response I made in the thread when it happened. people are hanging in the bushes waiting for him to do something so they can use that as a way to get rid of him. They dont care if its legit or not. no one wants a loud mouth, especially one thats right a lot, especially a black one, all up in their faces 24/7.

But did anyone notice the guy doing 90% of the hacking was the same guy? lol, check the video. its almost as if they told dude, "hey go lay them guys out."
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Episode 8

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Episode 8

few mins in. aint no way that relationship is going to last. it might not make it past this season of the balls. lol. zo's girl better realize, this is the life of a baller. either close your eyes and hold your nose and stay rich or roll the other way in hopes you can find a regular joe that wont be running around on you while he's broke. lol.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Dang I still hope they make it though, odds aren’t on their side
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
here's the thing, it has nothing to do with him being a big star either. she's acting just like all girls act at that age. literally ALL of them are like that. and 99.9% of dudes are just like Zo at that age. we might like you, but we're about self at that point in life. its nothing personal. it's just part of a man's maturation process. You dont know it when you're going thru it but you realize it when you get older. I was the exact same way. girls used to be hot just like denise. Like girl why you mad and you already know the drill. the moment me and the fam get around one another its going to be family love. you can join in or you get sit on the sideline being mad. your choice. but I'm going to have a good time regardless. as far as the stardom goes, shes' failing to realize, she will probably be around him more than his brothers will since they will be at different places. one in college, the other in high school(home schooled now) . At this point i dont know what denise does outside of this show, helping out with BBB stuff and being zo's cute girlfriend. If thats really all she does. Just chill, be happy to be young and have a Bf thats a star and take the perks. If he does something you can't stomach. end the relationship. but between now and then. have fun. you wont be 21 forever.

and for the record. If the two brothers would've played. it would've been a different game. lavar wasnt joking about that. I assume they dont play anymore due to injuries. but they were both top ball players in their prime as well.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Episode 8

few mins in. aint no way that relationship is going to last. it might not make it past this season of the balls. lol. zo's girl better realize, this is the life of a baller. either close your eyes and hold your nose and stay rich or roll the other way in hopes you can find a regular joe that wont be running around on you while he's broke. lol.

I was thinking the same thing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Episode 8

100%

Pusha T:

Now pick your next move, you could leave or live wit' it
Ichabod Crane with that mother something top off
Split and go where? Back to wearing knockoffs, haha
Knock it off, Neiman's, shop it off
Let's talk over mai tais, waitress, top it off
Girls like vultures, wanna fly in your Freddy loafers
You can't blame 'em, they ain't never seen Versace sofas
Every bag, every blouse, every bracelet
Comes with a price tag, baby, face it
You should leave if you can't accept the basics
Plenty girls in the balla matrix
Invisibly set, the Rolex is faceless
I'm just young, rich, and tasteless
P!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
22 wrote:
here's the thing, it has nothing to do with him being a big star either. she's acting just like all girls act at that age. literally ALL of them are like that. and 99.9% of dudes are just like Zo at that age. we might like you, but we're about self at that point in life. its nothing personal. it's just part of a man's maturation process. You dont know it when you're going thru it but you realize it when you get older. I was the exact same way. girls used to be hot just like denise. Like girl why you mad and you already know the drill. the moment me and the fam get around one another its going to be family love. you can join in or you get sit on the sideline being mad. your choice. but I'm going to have a good time regardless. as far as the stardom goes, shes' failing to realize, she will probably be around him more than his brothers will since they will be at different places. one in college, the other in high school(home schooled now) . At this point i dont know what denise does outside of this show, helping out with BBB stuff and being zo's cute girlfriend. If thats really all she does. Just chill, be happy to be young and have a Bf thats a star and take the perks. If he does something you can't stomach. end the relationship. but between now and then. have fun. you wont be 21 forever.

and for the record. If the two brothers would've played. it would've been a different game. lavar wasnt joking about that. I assume they dont play anymore due to injuries. but they were both top ball players in their prime as well.

I think she is or was a college soccer player at UCR. She mentioned on one of the 1st episodes that she doesn't want to move to LA with Zo unless she could support herself which I think is the right attitude to have.

But yeah like you said most dudes that age (I would say girls too maybe a lil less so) are all about self at that point. It's a big reason why most relationships at that age don't last.

If they're gonna make it they'll both need to make sacrifices. Otherwise we'll see Zo pulling up with models every other game like JC. If I was her I'd be seeing if I could reach out to Vanessa Bryant to see how she handled it
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Episode 8

From comments section:

Zo: "breathes"

Denise: wow zo You really just checked out that girl while I'm right here

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

That scene when Lavar's dad and bro stayed quiet while Melo was getting in trouble about the wreck. Lol.

That was pretty awesome by Melo for just taking it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
That scene when Lavar's dad and bro stayed quiet while Melo was getting in trouble about the wreck. Lol.

That was pretty awesome by Melo for just taking it.

yup! His friend too!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
“Ball in the Family,” the LaVar & fam docuseries has been renewed for a second season, per Bunim/Murray Productions.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
“Ball in the Family,” the LaVar & fam docuseries has been renewed for a second season, per Bunim/Murray Productions.

Oh no!
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
22 wrote:

I think she is or was a college soccer player at UCR. She mentioned on one of the 1st episodes that she doesn't want to move to LA with Zo unless she could support herself which I think is the right attitude to have.

But yeah like you said most dudes that age (I would say girls too maybe a lil less so) are all about self at that point. It's a big reason why most relationships at that age don't last.

If they're gonna make it they'll both need to make sacrifices. Otherwise we'll see Zo pulling up with models every other game like JC. If I was her I'd be seeing if I could reach out to Vanessa Bryant to see how she handled it
its a bit to early for her to reach out to a wife. she's not a wife yet. she's a girlfriend. there's a huge difference. even though she's been around for a bit. so she isnt a random gf.

They might need to take that time apart and not check up on each others FB posts, instagram posts, snap chats, etc. just dont worry about what the other person is up to until you call him/her on the phone to talk or hang out every now and then. This way both of you can find yourselves outside of each other while also growing up. hopefully neither of you fall for someone else or slip and have a kid or three by someone else you like but dont love like you do one another. because that could kill their future together.

but we'll see. I just know, that complaining all the time aint going to cut it. even if she has a legit gripe. doesnt matter. I'm 19 years old, about to be 20. I'm a nba rookie. aint no reason to be complaining about us making time for one another. I have no time to spare to be honest and the little bit I do, I might be trying to put together my rap album and hang with my brothers when I get a smidget of a moment. I love you but....I can't find the time right now. Thats the truth of it. Its only going to get worse for her in regards to him and her spending quality time together. It will become less and less and less. Until he settles in to the nba, etc.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Oh no!
all jokes aside, since we've seen a lot of this footage during the real life events. I assumed this wouldnt be much of anything. But its decent at worse. At least its based on people with actual talent and things they are actually doing. it's not just based on produced drama like most reality shows.

I've said it a thousand times. It must be next level producing to put together a reality series like Anthony bourdain's parts unknown. Because thats what I would like to see out of some of these reality TV shows when its about people with actual talent(not Kim and nem) that have things going on.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Episode 9

TrueBlueLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

I love this show. They are a funny family. I almost teared up when I saw the mom in one of the earlier episodes.

I don't think Denise will last. She's seems to always be upset about something.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

women are definitely not innocent at that age too. Yes many women are more willing to be in a serious long term relationship but these days there's also plenty more who are just as ruthless as men as far as using a relationship as a placeholder until they find someone better to jump off to.
Obviously for Denise there's no way she can upgrade from Lonzo. If the tables were turned and she was the celebrity would they still be in a solid relationship?
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

I admittedly like this show lol
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Episode 10

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: