OFFICIAL Alex The Pope Caruso Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 130, 131, 132  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject:

He's better than Ennis
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
He can only play 41 games for us. Or is there a way to upgrade a 2-way?

He can play 45 games and the only upgrade he can have is signing a regular contract with the Lakers. Problem is, we already have 15 players under contract, not counting Vander Blue who might get the remaining 2-way.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
He can only play 41 games for us. Or is there a way to upgrade a 2-way?

He can play 45 games and the only upgrade he can have is signing a regular contract with the Lakers. Problem is, we already have 15 players under contract, not counting Vander Blue who might get the remaining 2-way.

41 games is enough for us this year. We still have Ennis, JC, BI to man the back up PG spot
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Led the team in minutes (32), rebounds (6), and assists (10)! This dude is legit!

I was pleasantly surprised at the few rebounds he grabbed in traffic. Pretty impressive with Gobert in the game.

Dude's legit.

Boxing out like a G.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject:

Couple games ago, he ended up on a switch, getting backed down by Koufus... looked like Koufus vs mini me from the back
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Couple games ago, he ended up on a switch, getting backed down by Koufus... looked like Koufus vs mini me from the back

They have the same hair stylist.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Please, not while I'm drinking my morning coffee...
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

He's looking good but I'm not ready to crown him over Ennis based on a preseason game. Ennis played well for us in over 20 regular season games last season. Caruso is the more natural passer.

Last season our bench had a completely different personality from our starters. With Caruso the bench can play the same passing style as the starters. As a 2-way contract we'll get to really develop him to be our future backup PG. I'm glad we have both players.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject:

I'm ready to crown AC over Ennis. After summer league and preaseason there has been many time I was suprised by AC.

Ennis last year wasn't bad but even when he had good games I never felt he had as a big impact as AC.

Hope we cut Ennis and replace him with Alex

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

No mortal man may crown a pope
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

Let's not take this too seriously shall we? Alex had a great game, so did Huertas who had 8 assists two years ago. Ennis played against starters, Caruso played against backup players, both are decent options on the PG role, both should stay and make the bench deep.

I'm not downplaying Caruso's amazing performance, but let's not overreact to it like he can average numbers like that down the stretch.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

If I'm thinking of the same possession you are, Koufus backed Caruso down a couple steps, but Caruso got the stop on Koufus. Much bigger dude couldn't score on him. Mini-me's hands were way too active.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
Let's not take this too seriously shall we? Alex had a great game, so did Huertas who had 8 assists two years ago. Ennis played against starters, Caruso played against backup players, both are decent options on the PG role, both should stay and make the bench deep.

I'm not downplaying Caruso's amazing performance, but let's not overreact to it like he can average numbers like that down the stretch.

I'm not overreacting he just out played Ennis since he been on the team and Ennis has never really done anything too impressive.

Alex looks hands down the better player, it not even that close right now.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
governator wrote:

If I'm thinking of the same possession you are, Koufus backed Caruso down a couple steps, but Caruso got the stop on Koufus. Much bigger dude couldn't score on him. Mini-me's hands were way too active.

Yes, Caruso actually held his own, making Koufus gave up the ball I think
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:

I'm not overreacting he just out played Ennis since he been on the team and Ennis has never really done anything too impressive.

To be fair, Ennis looked really good during the 1st two games when he was running the 2nd unit. I like what Caruso bring to the table. He's basically Lonzo-lite for us, but I think Ennis will look better once he's back to his role as our back-up PG. With that being said, if Ennis isn't getting the job done, then it's good to know that we can call up Caruso.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:

Huertas had obvious defensive and shooting deficiencies. Caruso seems like he has a pretty solid all-around game.

Ever since summer league, he's been stepping up when called upon. It's hard not to like the guy.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:

To be fair, Ennis looked really good during the 1st two games when he was running the 2nd unit. I like what Caruso bring to the table. He's basically Lonzo-lite for us, but I think Ennis will look better once he's back to his role as our back-up PG. With that being said, if Ennis isn't getting the job done, then it's good to know that we can call up Caruso.

It always fun to compare player on the team.

The only difference is these guys are fighting for the last spot on the team. Luke will make the final call

Nothing against Ennis and he has looked good at times but I'm in AC's corner for now
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
He's looking good but I'm not ready to crown him over Ennis based on a preseason game. Ennis played well for us in over 20 regular season games last season. Caruso is the more natural passer.

Last season our bench had a completely different personality from our starters. With Caruso the bench can play the same passing style as the starters. As a 2-way contract we'll get to really develop him to be our future backup PG. I'm glad we have both players.

At best, Ennis was solid at the end of last season. And at best, though he's played even better this year, he's still only been solid. So let's not act like his bigger sample size is more impressive than it is. On his absolute best day he's still just an average point guard.

The difference between the two of them is that Ennis is only serviceable. You give him a little run for a brief stretch when you take your starting point guard out of the game because you know he won't play too badly. He's a placeholder player who you can easily forget about when he's on the floor because there's nothing he does well enough to stand out. Caruso can actually impact games. It's not just the fact that he's a nifty passer, but the way he can elevate a unit with his presence, an awful lot like Lonzo. He's bigger than Ennis is as well, and there's just no comparison between the two of them defensively.

Caruso is just flat out better across the board. That second unit can be dynamic with him out there. We saw that last night. If Lonzo's minutes are going to be limited this year I'd rather have a point guard in his place who has an eerily similar impact. And that's not Ennis. Not by a long shot.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:

I saw Caruso closing the game against Ricky Rubio, slowing him down after he got whatever he wanted against Ennis. Did that not happen?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

At best, Ennis was solid at the end of last season. And at best, though he's played even better this year, he's still only been solid. So let's not act like his bigger sample size is more impressive than it is. On his absolute best day he's still just an average point guard.

The difference between the two of them is that Ennis is only serviceable. You give him a little run for a brief stretch when you take your starting point guard out of the game because you know he won't play too badly. He's a placeholder player who you can easily forget about when he's on the floor because there's nothing he does well enough to stand out. Caruso can actually impact games. It's not just the fact that he's a nifty passer, but the way he can elevate a unit with his presence, an awful lot like Lonzo. He's bigger than Ennis is as well, and there's just no comparison between the two of them defensively.

Caruso is just flat out better across the board. That second unit can be dynamic with him out there. We saw that last night. If Lonzo's minutes are going to be limited this year I'd rather have a point guard in his place who has an eerily similar impact. And that's not Ennis. Not by a long shot.

In a vacuum I agree with your evaluation, I'm just saying Caruso has had the luxury of playing on a stacked summer league team and against backups in preseason. Ennis showed he can hold his own against NBA players consistently for about 20 games last season. To me that has earned him a little more trust, as consistency is the key to being an NBA player.

It wouldn't surprise me if Caruso turns out to be the better NBA player of the two, I'm just saying we're fortunate to have both. We don't have to choose. We can develop Caruso on a cheap 2-way contract while Ennis is here as our backup. It's a good situation to be in. I don't think either one is a major game changer for us without further development. They're both 23 years old so let's see who can rise up.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:

It wasn't just the assists, however. When did Huertas ever show an inkling of defense or rebounding?
lakers4sho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject:

he's ugly as fck. and balding pretty quickly.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

lakers4sho wrote:
he's ugly as (bleep). and balding pretty quickly.

Oh c'mon, he's cute.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

lakers4sho wrote:

Riveting basketball analysis
lakers4sho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakers4sho wrote:

Riveting basketball analysis

Thanks. Hopefully more of this can net me an ESPN job.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 130, 131, 132  Next
Page 15 of 132
Jump to: