OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

Not saying I agree with this, but Kuzma literally only got one jumpshot in that entire 1st-2nd quarter run with JC and Randle on the floor.
Bsim31
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Not saying I agree with this, but Kuzma literally only got one jumpshot in that entire 1st-2nd quarter run with JC and Randle on the floor.

Because our offense looks like crappp with Randle on the floor. Yeah Im a hater but watching him pound the ball and make stupid decisions/turnovers kills me.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

it happens lol. Randle and Kuz have had great chemistry together. And defenses are starting to respect Kuz. Did you see who Utah put on him? Sefalosha.

Plus Kuz does a pretty good job of not forcing stuff most of the time. Nobody is freezing the kid out
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject:

I don't pretend to be a body language expert, but Kuzma is essentially the guy who is going to officially make Randle expendable all but end his career as a Laker after this season, so it would only be natural for there to be a little animosity.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
I don't pretend to be a body language expert, but Kuzma is essentially the guy who is going to officially make Randle expendable all but end his career as a Laker after this season, so it would only be natural for there to be a little animosity.

Do you also pretend not to watch the games? It is Randle and Kuzma playing together, that is what has been clicking in the second unit. Any Kuzma vs Randle competition is entirely the creation in the minds of LG posters. And that is contrary to what is going on in games.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Username wrote:

Do you also pretend not to watch the games? It is Randle and Kuzma playing together, that is what has been clicking in the second unit. Any Kuzma vs Randle competition is entirely the creation in the minds of LG posters. And that is contrary to what is going on in games.

Shaq and Kobe played flawlessly on the court and hated each other off it. Whether or not these guys co-exist on the floor is really no indication of how they personally feel about each other.

Again, I'm not even saying there is any problem. I have no clue. All I'm saying is it would only be human nature for Randle to feel a certain way about Kuzma's rise.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

Why? As we have seen, they aren't playing the same position. Kuzma isn't a PF, he is too weak and our defense suffers. Randle is a PF/C, totally different position. Again, just LG imagination.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

Just let em go with their theories VLF

Some people will make a problem when there is no problem at all lol

I'm enjoying Kuz and Ju's play so far this preseason
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

There's two ways to look at this whole Kuzma's teammates don't like him fan fiction theory...

1) I remember when teammates missed DLO's hi5 in last preseason and people got upset over it. One LG member even called the rest of the team a bunch of thugs. These things happen. Every hi5 or hand slap situation can't be perfect. Best example was when Draymond high stepped down the court to the Warriors bench and clearly left Curry hanging. I don't think either one of them care about that. They are both champions. They don't have time to think about missed hi5's.

2) Okay. Let's just say that his teammates don't really like him. So what? Being an Alpha basketball player isn't about being nice or making friends. It's about winning at all costs. Jordan punched Kerr in practice for no reason. Kobe threw Shaq under the bus. Lebron made Kyrie request a trade. What I'm saying is if Kuzma is playing this well, and his teammates aren't really feeling him, he might actually be doing something right. Wait till we see more of Ball. He's wired like a NBA great. Don't you think he'll rub some teammates the wrong way? It's for certain he will. The funny thing is, Randle and Ingram have some of that too. I saw training camp last season Shaw blew a whistle on Randle during one on one practice. Randle started mouthing off to Shaw while Luke laughed. Instead of passing the ball to Shaw so he can give him and innound pass, Randle rolled the ball in a slightly different direction making Shaw reach and bend to get it.

But back to Kuz. The guy has basically outperformed everyone in his first season on the team. He's the reason Luke is struggling to figure out a line up, forcing Randle to the bench 5 role and pushing Nance into the starting line up. They realized really fast that they need to find minutes for Kuz while duct taping the rest of the line up around him. Wait till Lonzo comes back. Those two have real chemistry together. Now your line up is really screwed. To maximize their potentials, Kuz & Ball will need to play together a lot. Then what? Ideally you need Ball, Kuz, Randle, Ingram if you want to run, but you can't bench Bropez for being a plodding center. He can be a trailing 3 ball shooter, but then you have a bench line up of Randle and Nance who can't shoot or space the floor together. When you have a player like this, it becomes easier to trade an Eddie Jones or a Nick Van Exel. Not saying Kuz is Kobe, but it's becoming obvious that it's going to be his teammates' job to fit in with him and not Visa Versa.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

So am I, they seem to play well off of each other. I don't care if it is the starting unit or bench unit, I just hope they keep them together as much as they can.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:

So am I, they seem to play well off of each other. I don't care if it is the starting unit or bench unit, I just hope they keep them together as much as they can.

Do you agree if we add Ball, Ingram, and a random mediocre shooting guard that line up will be deadly in transition. I hope Luke will make that happen.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

Video: Kyle Kuzma Is Legit

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/11/laker-film-room-kyle-kuzma-legit/
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Why? As we have seen, they aren't playing the same position. Kuzma isn't a PF, he is too weak and our defense suffers. Randle is a PF/C, totally different position. Again, just LG imagination.

Some of Kuzma's minutes are inevitably going to come at the expense of Randle.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
I wonder if his teammates like him or not, when Randle is shooting free throws he gave Ingram a big five but gave Kuzma a little touch on the hand. I know I'm over-analyzing people's body language but I think Julius doesn't like Kuzma.

Gotta love middle school

Ok, I'll ring my own bell. A month ago I said:

kevin61 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
This dispute over who guards who in the 2019 playoffs is a bit far fetched. When you add two superstar players to an already good team you work those things out. Maybe you have to trade a guy to make it work, who knows. The point is the talent pool on the team is so great that you're able to make adjustments as necessary.

If you can own a Ferrari, you can maintain a Ferrari. You don't sweat the little details.

It's the dead part of the offseason, we need something semi interesting to discuss

Can't wait until Training Camp starts so we can begin discussing player attitudes by their body language in the layup line. Things are getting a bit thin around here.
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

Really hope luke has the balls to start kuz at the 4 on opening day.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:

I prefer Kuzma off the bench. It also seems like Randle is a good compliment to him with their being a small ball 4/5 combo. Gives you abnormally good playmaking in the front court while Randle is a monster rebounder. Add Ingram as an excellent 3 in that scenario if he can get to a point where he is less ISO crazy on offense and does a fair share of initiating. Maybe something like the Iggy role.
lakers4sho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

#StayInYoLane wrote:
Really hope luke has the balls to start kuz at the 4 on opening day.

They might be trying to increase Randle/Nance trade value so any decisions from here on out may be towards that goal more than anything else.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I honestly love that he worked in two examples of JC not passing it to him in transition.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I honestly love that he worked in two examples of JC not passing it to him in transition.

He could be 22ppg guy starting with Zo instead of coming off the bench with JC and JR. Luke will never do it though
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

Is it my imagination or is it really hard to get rid of the bottom ad on the LG mobile site today? I cant click it to close...
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

I love Kuzma. He's been playing fantastic on both ends. One thing that I've noticed though is that his 3pt shooting has not been great this preseason except for 1 game. The good thing is he's got a nice array of moves which allows him to be effective even when his 3 ball isnt falling. His confidence is through the roof and I love it
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

Kuz getting love on the Jump

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Is it my imagination or is it really hard to get rid of the bottom ad on the LG mobile site today? I cant click it to close...

Don't tell anyone, but I don't get those anymore. I used to, but not anymore... I really couldn't tell you why. Ad blocker?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Kuz getting love on the Jump

Maybe Scottie sees the next Scottie in him! 😜
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 103 of 880
Jump to: