The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1111, 1112, 1113 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

Kuzma was getting killed down the stretch in the fourth, but so was Randle. But with Randle it was because he was guarding Gobert, which is Luke's fault. Lopez should have been in.

As for Kuzma, he can't handle fours (yet). This is why he needs to play the 3, offensively and defensively. Come on luke..... do it already
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

What's this article ESPN radio is talking about in which Randle is pissed?

Something about him being mad because Nance is starting?

ESPN stirring stuff up again?

Found it
Quote:
.Randle is fired up according to Luke Walton now that he has to earn the starting power forward spot in a competition with Larry Nance Jr.

Quote:
.He's pissed off," said Walton, who started Nance for the second straight preseason game on Tuesday night against Utah. "He seems to be pissed off. But he's using it to play with an edge.

link
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

I thought Randle played better off the bench. Does anyone know if there is someone that works with the players? Teaches them how to uses their body and speed
lakers4sho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:

Found it
Quote:
.Randle is fired up according to Luke Walton now that he has to earn the starting power forward spot in a competition with Larry Nance Jr.

Quote:
.He's pissed off," said Walton, who started Nance for the second straight preseason game on Tuesday night against Utah. "He seems to be pissed off. But he's using it to play with an edge.

link

I don't think "pissed" here has the connotation of being "mad"

just the usual motivation to get pumped up type of thing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

lakers4sho wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

Found it
Quote:

Quote:

link

Agreed. It might be working too. Julius' defense has been a crap ton more consistent
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Agreed. It might be working too. Julius' defense has been a crap ton more consistent

His defense has been good pretty much throughout. He's leading the team in blocks, steals, and rebounds currently, and his help defense is noticeably improved.

I think the one thing that these two games does show though is how fickle any type of +/- stat is. When you look at the bottom 5 players in +/- it is basically the starting lineup for most of the preseason:

15. Randle -6.4
16. Nance -7.4
17/18: Ingram/Pope -9
19. Ball -11.5

The top players who have played any substantial minutes are all the bench crew:

3. Blue +5
4. Caruso +3.8
5. Bryant +3
6. Hart +2.7
7. Kuzma +1.8
8. Clarkson Even

Then you swap out Randle to the bench and he is a +11 (team high) and +5 in two games. All that really shows is that similar to last season the bench is outperforming the starters.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Quote:

His defense has been good pretty much throughout. He's leading the team in blocks, steals, and rebounds currently, and his help defense is noticeably improved.

I think the one thing that these two games does show though is how fickle any type of +/- stat is. When you look at the bottom 5 players in +/- it is basically the starting lineup for most of the preseason:

15. Randle -6.4
16. Nance -7.4
19. Ball -11.5

3. Blue +5
4. Caruso +3.8
5. Bryant +3
6. Hart +2.7
7. Kuzma +1.8
8. Clarkson Even

Then you swap out Randle to the bench and he is a +11 (team high) and +5 in two games. All that really shows is that similar to last season the bench is outperforming the starters.

A lot of it has to do with Luke's rotations. They have been piss poor since he became head coach.

Randle's been playing better but still has some really stupid blinder vision plays that really piss me off.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Quote:

15. Randle -6.4
16. Nance -7.4
19. Ball -11.5

3. Blue +5
4. Caruso +3.8
5. Bryant +3
6. Hart +2.7
7. Kuzma +1.8
8. Clarkson Even

you keep trying, I'll give you that but Julius deserved to be benched. The game before he got benched was a complete disaster, Julius was on his heels on defense the whole time so of course you guys didn't notice that, you saw the flashy block after his man ran to the basket after Julius turned his head.

Luke wasn't seeing the effort he wanted to see. Then, Julius gets benched and now suddenly he's "motivated".

Luke:
"My sense is it's more that we've tried Larry out with the starting lineup the last couple days than a contract thing," Walton said of Randle's anger on the floor. "Whatever it is that's motivating him, it's working out well for him right now."
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
lakers4sho wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

Found it
Quote:

Quote:

link

How is this ESPN stirring stuff up? The guy is paid to report on the Lakers. If anyone knows anything about Randle, they know he's not happy coming off the bench. In the past, when benched, Randle has flopped tremendously. This time, he has excelled. His benching is at the hands of Kuz, but not because Kuz took his spot in the line up, but because we didn't want to make Kuz a starter immediately. I think by keeping Kuz on the bench and moving Randle to back up 5, Luke feels he can make everyone happy that way. Randle still gets a ton of minutes and Kuz doesn't replace him in the line up. Plus Luke looks like a genius because the combo of Kuz and Randle is 🔥🔥🔥. The issue will be when Ball returns and Kuz really shines next to him. Then we'll undoubtedly have to start Kuz and who spot does he take?
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Quote:

15. Randle -6.4
16. Nance -7.4
19. Ball -11.5

3. Blue +5
4. Caruso +3.8
5. Bryant +3
6. Hart +2.7
7. Kuzma +1.8
8. Clarkson Even

you keep trying, I'll give you that but Julius deserved to be benched. The game before he got benched was a complete disaster, Julius was on his heels on defense the whole time so of course you guys didn't notice that, you saw the flashy block after his man ran to the basket after Julius turned his head.

Luke wasn't seeing the effort he wanted to see. Then, Julius gets benched and now suddenly he's "motivated".

Luke:
"My sense is it's more that we've tried Larry out with the starting lineup the last couple days than a contract thing," Walton said of Randle's anger on the floor. "Whatever it is that's motivating him, it's working out well for him right now."

In that Denver game there were a couple times where Kuzma, Weber and others lost their man and Julius either had to clean up their mess or looked bad because he couldn't get there in time. That play I assume you're talking about where he swatted Hernangomez and then he got his own rebound and scored anyway, that was Kuzma's man but Kuz was totally lost and not guarding anyone at all. Weber, Deng and Brewer have had next to no minutes since then and consequently the team defense has been much better.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Quote:

15. Randle -6.4
16. Nance -7.4
19. Ball -11.5

3. Blue +5
4. Caruso +3.8
5. Bryant +3
6. Hart +2.7
7. Kuzma +1.8
8. Clarkson Even

Luke:

In that Denver game there were a couple times where Kuzma, Weber and others lost their man and Julius either had to clean up their mess or looked bad because he couldn't get there in time. That play I assume you're talking about where he swatted Hernangomez and then he got his own rebound and scored anyway, that was Kuzma's man but Kuz was totally lost and not guarding anyone at all. Weber, Deng and Brewer have had next to no minutes since then and consequently the team defense has been much better.

we're not watching the same thing then... Julius was guarding his man, standing there flat footed, then he looked to his right, his man took off, Julius looks back and his man is headed towards the basket. That was one single play. Julius was a disaster that whole first half, then he had a flashy play or two in the 2nd half. So now you are going to claim Luke benched Julius for lack of effort because Julius was covering for Kuzma - the whole game? Seriously? Julius was completely out to lunch and I wasn't the only one who noticed. Now suddenly, he gets benched and he's "motivated" and more active again. Hopefully this motivation continues but as far as giving him a big fat contract... yikes...
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Yea we're definitely not watching the same thing if you think he was bad in that first half. That was Kuzma's man but for whatever reason he was double teaming Murray even though Weber was on him, which is why Kuz scrambled back because he was supposed to be on Hernangomez like he had been all game. Randle was on Plumlee.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."

Last edited by manlisten on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

is this the play yall talking about?

iono bubba, look like Kuzma was guarding the ball when brewer was already there and Julius responsibility was actually Plumlee

Julius gotta notice that and react a lil quicker tho
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

iono bubba, look like Kuzma was guarding the ball when brewer was already there and Julius responsibility was actually Plumlee

no, not that play.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

no, not that play.

dis 1?
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Yea we're definitely not watching the same thing if you think he was bad in that first half.

the Denver game? you thought Julius played well in the first half? wow...
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

no, not that play.

dis 1?

nope that's not it, why the focus on that ONE play anyway? This isn't about ONE play.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

no, not that play.

dis 1?

nope that's not it, why the focus on that ONE play anyway? This isn't about ONE play.

I'm just tryna figure out what play yall was talm bot fam

he only had two blocks that game tho, so unless it was the other game

Ion member the play you talking about
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

That's the one I was talking about.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Unless we talking about theoretical blocks after he turned his head
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Yea we're definitely not watching the same thing if you think he was bad in that first half.

the Denver game? you thought Julius played well in the first half? wow...

Offensively he was terrible. Defensively he was great.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

no, not that play.

dis 1?

Because you specifically brung it up and now you're changing the subject?
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

no, not that play.

dis 1?

I'm just tryna figure out what play yall was talm bot fam

he only had two blocks that game tho, so unless it was the other game

Ion member the play you talking about

We're talking about one play from a week ago, in between playoff baseball, football and other NBA games so... if Julius keeps playing the way he has the last two games we'll all be happy.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

also

gotta post this poster for posterity one mo time

poor mitchell/matthew/madison? plumlee
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

no, not that play.

dis 1?

Because you specifically brung it up and now you're changing the subject?

pfft, I'm not going to sift through reams of video to "prove" something that doesn't need to be proved. I saw it, it happened and if you guys want to sift through god knows how many hours worth of video to feel better about yourselves then go to it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1111, 1112, 1113 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1112 of 1536
Jump to: