Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 325, 326, 327 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

I am really surprised that there are so many posters here who have access to Laker practices.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
The more I listen to and watch Luke the more I think he envisions himself as a personality manager rather than a guy heavily into the minute details of coaching. And I think he makes decisions based on that, to our detriment.

It's partly why his rotations and lineups are god awful to the outside observer. It's because he's not looking at what makes the best basketball combination, e's trying to find lineups that build camaraderie between the guys or improve the extent to which he's liked, which he thinks will translate into better play. But it won't.

He needs a Tex Winter. His X and O's are weak
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

I'm not an X&O's guy, but I like that I'm seeing better half court offense the past couple of games. Cranjis after the first two games posted 21 half court sets, which surprised me because I hardly saw any. Now they seem to be clicking better in both offense and defense. It seems like they added quite a few more plays since then, which is good to see. I still have faith in Luke and his play calling at this moment, but that could change depending on how the season goes. As for line ups, I hope that he won't be as stubborn as he was last season, although starting Deng the other day reminded me of that.
lakers4sho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I am really surprised that there are so many posters here who have access to Laker practices.

Personally (and I didn't want to share this), mine is Eduardo who works as the 3rd floor custodian. Lets me in on some stuff when he passes by the facility.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I am big fan of Luke but his rotations are crap at the moment. He need to sort this out ASAP.

His rotations have been garbage since he started as head coach for us.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

but of course, most of us have personal invites from Jeannie or Magic. Don't you???
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The reality that we could have had Atkinson or Messina continues to set in.

Here we go again. btw, Atkinson was hired prior to Bscott being fired. Unless we're talking about an alternate reality.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Lol

The sky is FALLING...

It’s only the Laker fans who overreact to these pointless games, Luke isn’t gonna show his full coaching pedigree in a preseason game, he’s been shuffling line ups so he can prepare the team for the real season, not hoist up the preseason title trophy....

Man I bet Cav fans don’t even care that there team is 0-4 in the preseason
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
MJST wrote:

Here we go again. btw, Atkinson was hired prior to Bscott being fired. Unless we're talking about an alternate reality.

That often happens. I liked Atkinson, and I think Luke is doing a good job. Basing a coaching career on one season where he was instructed to lose seems like premature evaluation.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lol

The sky is FALLING...

It’s only the Laker fans who overreact to these pointless games, Luke isn’t gonna show his full coaching pedigree in a preseason game, he’s been shuffling line ups so he can prepare the team for the real season, not hoist up the preseason title trophy....

He pulled the same *#)@ during regular season last year and used tanking as an excuse. He's been mediocre at best since he's been here.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject:

I just saw this quote from Walton about Kuzma

Quote:
“He wants to do so much, he’s so excited to do it that a lot of it at the end of those games he’s stalling out the offense because he’s just picking and popping and that’s not what we want. So last night was a good learning experience for him as far as the defenses get a lot more difficult in the final two or three minutes, and that’s when you really have to rely on setting the screen and running the offense.”

Is this even real life?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lol

The sky is FALLING...

He pulled the same *#)@ during regular season last year and used tanking as an excuse. He's been mediocre at best since he's been here.

He’s not a bad coach, he’s trying to get the team to play at a high level, last year he couldn’t really accomplish that cause development was more Important then wins, now this year we need to win or the hated Boston Celtics will get another lottery pick and it will be from us, like I said it’s way to early... We don’t even have our potential best player playing yet... y’all need to relax... I know that 4th quarter in the last 4-5M was brutal but I’m sure we won’t see that happen when the real games count.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Luke is the best coach in finding the best bench unit in the league. He ignores the starting lineup because he's a bench coach savant.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:

Quote:
“He wants to do so much, he’s so excited to do it that a lot of it at the end of those games he’s stalling out the offense because he’s just picking and popping and that’s not what we want. So last night was a good learning experience for him as far as the defenses get a lot more difficult in the final two or three minutes, and that’s when you really have to rely on setting the screen and running the offense.”

Is this even real life?

Sounds like hes talking about Ingram. But anyway learning to have composure at the end of games is hard for youngsters. Takes a lot of close losses and heartbreak to figure it out.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:

Quote:

Is this even real life?

Wait, this was about Ingram right? Got a link?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Surprised at the critical Luke post based on the preseason. Nice time for Luke to see a little of everyone without it impacting W/L's...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yeah, a whole 8 days.

We all knew Scott was about to be fired from the moment Kobe walked off the floor for that last time. It was about who was going to be the guy who replaced him.

Kobe's final game was April 13th,

Atkinson was hired by the Nets on April 17th.

The Lakers fired Scott Scott 8 days later on April 25th.

The Lakers hired Luke Walton on the 29th 4 days later after one Interview, despite Messina scheduled to come in and give his vision. But the Lakers immediately picked Luke after one Interview before even hearing the plans Messina had in mind or comparing them to anything.

They stalled on firing Byron which cost them Atkinson, and then they rushed to hire Luke which cost them Messina.

And now we've got a head coach who was nowhere near ready to be a head coach, but everyone considered him legit because Golden State and it's 3 all-stars didn't falter under his watch.

Keep defending it if you want to.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Sago wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yeah, a whole 8 days.

We all knew Scott was about to be fired from the moment Kobe walked off the floor for that last time. It was about who was going to be the guy who replaced him.

Kobe's final game was April 13th,

Atkinson was hired by the Nets on April 17th.

The Lakers fired Scott Scott 8 days later on April 25th.

The Lakers hired Luke Walton on the 29th 4 days later after one Interview, despite Messina scheduled to come in and give his vision. But the Lakers immediately picked Luke after one Interview before even hearing the plans Messina had in mind or comparing them to anything.

They stalled on firing Byron which cost them Atkinson, and then they rushed to hire Luke which cost them Messina.

And now we've got a head coach who was nowhere near ready to be a head coach, but everyone considered him legit because Golden State and it's 3 all-stars didn't falter under his watch.

Keep defending it if you want to.

So where's the reality you're talking about?

Stalled on firing Byron which cost them Atkinson? MJST facts 101
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:

Quote:

Is this even real life?

He is talking about Kuzma. Link below

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-luke-walton-says-kyle-kuzma-luke-walton-is-stalling-out-the-offense-at-times/2017/10/10/

It's pretty hilarious for Luke to say that with JC, Randle and now Ingram on the team
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:

Quote:

Is this even real life?

Horry agreed with him (not about Kuzma specifically but that they need to run the offense at the end of games). We don’t have a Kobe.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:

Quote:

Is this even real life?

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-luke-walton-says-kyle-kuzma-luke-walton-is-stalling-out-the-offense-at-times/2017/10/10/

It's pretty hilarious for Luke to say that with JC, Randle and now Ingram on the team

And in the same Interview says he's happy how Ingram played in the 4th.

Let all that sink in.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Atkinson did a tremendous job with the Nets last season. What was their record again?
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:

Quote:

Is this even real life?

GT's video contextualized Luke's statements and made them seem pretty reasonable IMO
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Ingram was stalling out the offense at the end of the game not Kuz. I have no idea what Luke was watching at the end of the game. BI was getting punked at the end of last night's game trying too hard to be the hero.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Ingram was stalling out the offense at the end of the game not Kuz. I have no idea what Luke was watching at the end of the game. BI was getting punked at the end of last night's game trying too hard to be the hero.

He wants him to set picks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=T8xwsqo4kdo#t=6m21s.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 325, 326, 327 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 326 of 818
Jump to: