The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1112, 1113, 1114 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
manlisten wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
is this the play yall talking about?

iono bubba, look like Kuzma was guarding the ball when brewer was already there and Julius responsibility was actually Plumlee

Julius gotta notice that and react a lil quicker tho

no, not that play.

dis 1?

nope that's not it, why the focus on that ONE play anyway? This isn't about ONE play.

Because you specifically brung it up and now you're changing the subject?

pfft, I'm not going to sift through reams of video to "prove" something that doesn't need to be proved. I saw it, it happened and if you guys want to sift through god knows how many hours worth of video to feel better about yourselves then go to it.

'I was wrong but can't bring myself to admit it'. It's cool man. Happens to the best of us.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
manlisten wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

iono bubba, look like Kuzma was guarding the ball when brewer was already there and Julius responsibility was actually Plumlee

no, not that play.

dis 1?

nope that's not it, why the focus on that ONE play anyway? This isn't about ONE play.

pfft, I'm not going to sift through reams of video to "prove" something that doesn't need to be proved. I saw it, it happened and if you guys want to sift through god knows how many hours worth of video to feel better about yourselves then go to it.

'I was wrong but can't bring myself to admit it'. It's cool man. Happens to the best of us.

ummm, wow... this coming from the guy who's telling me Julius had a good first half in the game before he got benched...
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
manlisten wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

no, not that play.

dis 1?

*andrew bynum voice*

finding blocks that were recorded in the stat sheet/play by play is actually kinda easy

but for real...lets not do this "you guise dont have a life, being right makes you feel better" business my guy

take the L on this one or prove them statements fam, its really not that hard

or you can be flippant about it, thass cool too, its yo world baybeh we just livin in it

manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

He probably altered/prevented close to 10 shots at the rim in that first half and made all his rotations except for that first 3 he gave up to Lyles. If you think that's bad defense, you're entitled to your opinion.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
manlisten wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

no, not that play.

dis 1?

*andrew bynum voice*

finding blocks that were recorded in the stat sheet/play by play is actually kinda easy

but for real...lets not do this "you guise dont have a life, being right makes you feel better" business my guy

or you can be flippant about it, thass cool too, its yo world baybeh we just livin in it

I'm going to be flippant about it because I saw it, maybe Julius fouled him so there was no block recorded but the dude shot free throws and I'm not going to sit around all day trying to find a needle in the haystack for what? exactly? What exactly are we doing here? Don't you guys do anything else during the day?
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
He probably altered/prevented close to 10 shots at the rim in that first half and made all his rotations except for that first 3 he gave up to Lyles. If you think that's bad defense, you're entitled to your opinion.

and... that's why Luke benched him... ok...
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
manlisten wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

no, not that play.

dis 1?

*andrew bynum voice*

I'm going to be flippant about it because I saw it, maybe Julius fouled him so there was no block recorded but the dude shot free throws and I'm not going to sit around all day trying to find a needle in the haystack for what? exactly? What exactly are we doing here? Don't you guys do anything else during the day?

I had an employment discrimination test today

it was tricky...we was talking about Title VII discrimination claims

I almost didn't make it out alive guise. Dont go to law school if you can help it

When I came out of that test tho, I saw you respond to J.C smith post that was quoting somebody about julius defense...I thought he was talking to you by the way you responded, but it was the homie 22, so now im confused as to where all that thirst came from on your part

Iono fam yo thirst levels might be slightly higher than mines

I just was making sure my observations was nuanced, cuz you told the streets they missin something, I wanted to see what all the hub bub was about and now im a guy who spends all day on the internet defending Julius Randle

I'm pathetic

Last edited by anpherknee on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Because I have no life I took 3 minutes to scroll thru the play by play from that game and Randle had one foul and it wasn't a shooting foul. Which means it didn't result in free throws. Which means this imaginary play never happened and it was the first one anph posted.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject:

life is fleeting tho guise, fortunately, Julius lost his doing what he loved most

Are Eye Peas

Speaking of life/school and the hardships associated with them

anybody here ever worked on a civil/human rights commission?

I only need like 3 hrs of your time today, 4 maximum

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

Why can't all lawyers talk like this... would've been mucho mas interesting
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

Why can't all lawyers talk like this... would've been mucho mas interesting

Yes, I would volunteer for jury duty
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Because I have no life I took 3 minutes to scroll thru the play by play from that game and Randle had one foul and it wasn't a shooting foul. Which means it didn't result in free throws. Which means this imaginary play never happened and it was the first one anph posted.

ok buddy...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Quote:
Agreed. It might be working too. Julius' defense has been a crap ton more consistent

His defense has been good pretty much throughout. He's leading the team in blocks, steals, and rebounds currently, and his help defense is noticeably improved.

I think the one thing that these two games does show though is how fickle any type of +/- stat is. When you look at the bottom 5 players in +/- it is basically the starting lineup for most of the preseason:

15. Randle -6.4
16. Nance -7.4
17/18: Ingram/Pope -9
19. Ball -11.5

The top players who have played any substantial minutes are all the bench crew:

3. Blue +5
4. Caruso +3.8
5. Bryant +3
6. Hart +2.7
7. Kuzma +1.8
8. Clarkson Even

Then you swap out Randle to the bench and he is a +11 (team high) and +5 in two games. All that really shows is that similar to last season the bench is outperforming the starters.

oh don't get me wrong JC I think Randle has played well the whole preseason and should be starting. I just that the benching definitely got his attention.

If I were Luke I'd be starting

Ball
KCP
Kuzma
Randle
Lopez

But for politics reasons Ingram will continue to start me thinks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Quote:
Agreed. It might be working too. Julius' defense has been a crap ton more consistent

His defense has been good pretty much throughout. He's leading the team in blocks, steals, and rebounds currently, and his help defense is noticeably improved.

I think the one thing that these two games does show though is how fickle any type of +/- stat is. When you look at the bottom 5 players in +/- it is basically the starting lineup for most of the preseason:

15. Randle -6.4
16. Nance -7.4
17/18: Ingram/Pope -9
19. Ball -11.5

The top players who have played any substantial minutes are all the bench crew:

3. Blue +5
4. Caruso +3.8
5. Bryant +3
6. Hart +2.7
7. Kuzma +1.8
8. Clarkson Even

Then you swap out Randle to the bench and he is a +11 (team high) and +5 in two games. All that really shows is that similar to last season the bench is outperforming the starters.

oh don't get me wrong JC I think Randle has played well the whole preseason and should be starting. I just that the benching definitely got his attention.

Ball
KCP
Kuzma
Randle
Lopez

Agree with all of the above.

JC - I agree that the bench has consistently outperformed the starting unit. Last year, it was mostly because of a talent discrepancy coupled with some inconsistent chemistry. I believe we've closed the talent discrepancy this season, so the issue IMO is still the chemistry of that 1st unit. It's great to have a nice 2nd unit, but that doesn't mean that we sacrifice adding talent and chemistry to our 1st unit.

22 - I agree with your starting lineup. I feel this is the best combination of talent and chemistry we can put together at this point. If we want to stay competitive with other teams from the start instead of digging ourselves into holes, then this is the lineup we should run.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject:

Julius Randle faces uncertain future with Lakers

Quote:
Among his Lakers teammates, he is their most tenured colleague. He is also the one whose future is most tenuous.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/10/10/position-battle-motivates-lakers-julius-randle-who-is-at-a-career-crossroads/
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

Kuzma has been the best play so far this preseason.

Randle has been the 2nd best player and after those guys there is a big gap in performance. Heck JC may be the 3rd best performer.

Kuzma is best profiled as a 3 right now and is our best 3 right now

Randle is our best 4.

Starting Kuzma at the 3 with Randle at the 4 makes the most sense to me. Letting BI come off the bench will help take some pressure off him and he can lead the bench unit along with JC.

Getting BI confident with success against 2nd stringers will go a long way in his development.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:

Randle has been the 2nd best player and after those guys there is a big gap in performance. Heck JC may be the 3rd best performer.

Randle is our best 4.

Starting Kuzma at the 3 with Randle at the 4 makes the most sense to me. Letting BI come off the bench will help take some pressure off him and he can lead the bench unit along with JC.

Getting BI confident with success against 2nd stringers will go a long way in his development.

Agree 100%.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:

Randle is our best 4.

Agree 100%.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

I've often derided Randle in the past for slipping picks too much, missing defensive rotations, and not playing within the offense, being a bull in a china shop, taking plays off.

That said, Randle is playing flat out hard out there right now out there. I gotta say, last 2 games in particular, I'm really pleased with what I've seen Randle do. He's actually setting a tone on defense, and the defense seems to be improving overall. Some would argue it's weak opponents but I'm actually seeing some execution out there, not just Lakers getting lucky because the other team missed. Randle is key and he's positioning himself better, rotating better, closing out better, and getting after it hard with a lot of hustle the whole time he's on the floor.

Offense too. He's not afraid to get Kuzma involved for instance. He's starting to think more when he's in a crowd or in transition. Even when Clarkson avoids Kuzma like the plague there's Randle feeding Kuzma and vice versa. A smart 2 man game developing between those two. And with Randle, a concerted effort to play the transition game the way Luke wants him to as they start acclimating to a Lonzo ball transition attack.

Kuzma so far has had superstar written all over him and I hope this continues, but I think any fair debate on who the Lakers' best player is right now would have to include Randle.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Ball
KCP
Kuzma
Randle
Lopez

My thoughts exactly. And if we face a big athletic front line this unit should finish the game too.
bkim10
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

I don't understand all the Randle hate. He has been one of the best players on this team so far and has improved from last year. he does make some bonehead mistakes, but if he could just improve on those things and his jumpshot, I feel like he could be a star. I agree on I think Randle and Kuzma need to play together.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

My favorite lineups so far have been with Julius, Kuz and JC together. With ideally Lopez and a PG. Last two games that team has had good ball movement and great defensive energy. Of course they're all making mistakes and the ball gets stuck at times but they seem to have good chemistry together. That alone goes a long way. Whether they start or not doesn't matter, I just want to see Randle keep playing with that level of energy whether or not the ball is in his hands, particularly on the defensive end.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

Randle is playing well this year and seems like the best player
besides Lopez and Kuzma.
His mid range jumper is hitting and his rebounding is good.
His defense is improving.

The best Lakers starting lineup:

Lopez
Randle
Kuzma
KCP
Lonzo

This lineup has shooting, rebounding, and even a little defense.
The problem with the Lakers is the press clippings determine the lineup. Not shooting or best fit.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject:

So if we don't get LBJ or PG13, is there a better available option at PF than say a $16-18mil/yr Randle? I'm gonna say no
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1112, 1113, 1114 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1113 of 1536
Jump to: