OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Maybe I'm imagining this, but when Kuzma and Clarkson are on the court together, Kuzma doesn't seem to get many touches. I don't know if it's because JC over dribbles or if he's playing keep-away from Kuzma, but that's a bad combination.

I don't think Kuzma and JC belong on the court at the same time.

I have noticed this and I totally agree. Another reason why I am hoping Kuzma starts in the near future... He gets legit shut out with that second unit sometimes
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Maybe I'm imagining this, but when Kuzma and Clarkson are on the court together, Kuzma doesn't seem to get many touches. I don't know if it's because JC over dribbles or if he's playing keep-away from Kuzma, but that's a bad combination.

JC has tunnel vision. One of the many reasons I want Kuzma starting with Lonzo..Less time playing next to Clarkson.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

I have noticed this and I totally agree. Another reason why I am hoping Kuzma starts in the near future... He gets legit shut out with that second unit sometimes

JC treats Kuz like Jordan in an 80s All-Star Game.
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
I wonder if his teammates like him or not, when Randle is shooting free throws he gave Ingram a big five but gave Kuzma a little touch on the hand. I know I'm over-analyzing people's body language but I think Julius doesn't like Kuzma.

Gotta love middle school

Ok, I'll ring my own bell. A month ago I said:

kevin61 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
This dispute over who guards who in the 2019 playoffs is a bit far fetched. When you add two superstar players to an already good team you work those things out. Maybe you have to trade a guy to make it work, who knows. The point is the talent pool on the team is so great that you're able to make adjustments as necessary.

If you can own a Ferrari, you can maintain a Ferrari. You don't sweat the little details.

It's the dead part of the offseason, we need something semi interesting to discuss

Can't wait until Training Camp starts so we can begin discussing player attitudes by their body language in the layup line. Things are getting a bit thin around here.

You knew it was going to happen.

I actually saw that post when it first came out.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject:

With that kind of footwork from Kuzma makes you wonder if he secretly worked out with Kobe or Hakeem in the offseason.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Well since we are cherry picking, let me get in on it.

Randle shouldn't start because he cant shoot and Lonzo needs shooters

Lonzo shouldn't start because he's injury prone (you know, like Nance)

KCP shouldn't start because he is always out of position on defense

Brook shouldn't start because he's the worst rebounding center in the league

Caruso should get no time at all because he looks 47 years old

Caruso looks no older than mid to late 30's. He's in great shape for a middle aged man
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Plus the FO isn’t going to do KCP and his agent dirty by benching him. Not while they are still dreaming about next offseason.

I agree, at least in the beginning.

But I've yet to come up with a reason that Kuz at the two is entirely absurd. He's a good ball handler, shoots well, good passer, quick feet on D and he's long. A 6'9 two guard would create matchup issues on the other side.

Most guys his size can't play the two because they don't have his feet.
Think Scotty Pippin.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Well since we are cherry picking, let me get in on it.

Randle shouldn't start because he cant shoot and Lonzo needs shooters

Lonzo shouldn't start because he's injury prone (you know, like Nance)

KCP shouldn't start because he is always out of position on defense

Brook shouldn't start because he's the worst rebounding center in the league

Caruso should get no time at all because he looks 47 years old

Caruso looks no older than mid to late 30's. He's in great shape for a middle aged man
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject:

KUZMANIA is just warming up:

*Kyle Kuzma’s Trainer With Inside Info On The Steal Of The Draft

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-podcast-kyle-kuzmas-trainer-with-inside-info-on-the-steal-of-the-draft/2017/10/12/

*Former Ute Kyle Kuzma's NBA story keeps getting better and better

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2017/10/11/former-ute-kyle-kuzmas-nba-story-just-keeps-getting-better-and-better/

*Luke Walton Discusses Julius Randle, Kyle Kuzma And Larry Nance, Jr.’s Battle For Minutes

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-luke-walton-discusses-julius-randle-kyle-kuzma-and-larry-nance-jr-s-battle-for-minutes/2017/10/11/
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

Kuzma is the definition of the modern NBA in terms of "position-less" basketball, but so is BI. These guys are more than capable of playing and defending multiple positions on the court. This is where the NBA is currently at the position it will continue to be in.

Kuzma is definitely worthy of a starting position and minutes, but it most likely won't happen especially now. Kudos to Kuzma as he's obviously prepared his game for the NBA level of play and it will continue to bode well for this Lakers team.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:

Kuzma is best used with a guy like Lonzo who naturally fit with one another the court and I think Randle can be a monster off the bench... maybe even 6th man conversation.

I'm more interested in seeing a starting 5 with shooters like Kuz + Lopez and then "slasher" guys like Ingram + KCP. I think rebounding is soft but offensively they will flow together.

Having a bench led by Randle/Nance/Clarkson is really good and would give other benches fits. Randle would still be able to close games.
bkim10
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

I am really impressed with Kuzma's footwork, more than anything. Imagine if he worked with Kobe.. the possibilities!
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

bkim10 wrote:
I am really impressed with Kuzma's footwork, more than anything. Imagine if he worked with Kobe.. the possibilities!

The footwork complements his shot-making ability as well. We've seen running hooks using both hands, floaters, tough shots off the glass, etc. The only thing I haven't seen yet is turn-around/fadeaway jumpshot.
bkim10
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

If he does that.... we would all go crazy LMAO
RCS926 wrote:
bkim10 wrote:

The footwork complements his shot-making ability as well. We've seen running hooks using both hands, floaters, tough shots off the glass, etc. The only thing I haven't seen yet is turn-around/fadeaway jumpshot.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject:

bkim10 wrote:
If he does that.... we would all go crazy LMAO
RCS926 wrote:
bkim10 wrote:

I doubt we'll see it from him especially since he likes to use his spin moves to get closer to the basket. I'm fine with that since he has the ability to hit hooks with either hand and isn't trying to force lay-ups like BI.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject:

I am completely baffled by how good Kuz is. His footwork is amazing, especially on offense. His stroke is sweet. I don't know how so many teams passed up on him. I'm also glad the Spurs didn't get a hold of him. They would look like geniuses once again. Jesse and Ryan are amazing. This organization is in great hands for years to come, even when Magic and Pelinka move on. I'm not sure if the Lakers knew how good Kuzma was, but there has been some hints looking back. The Magic/Kuz bromance that started at the combine and continue to his Lakers workout, to the day they introduced Kuz officially and he was sitting there next to Magic. At first we thought it was a Flint thing, but now there seems to be more. The fact that Kuz didn't participate in day two of the combine and the Internet trashing him, but he might of gotten some sort of nod from teams, especially the Lakers. And the Lakers predraft workout video, you see Kuz with Thomas Bryant and the guys, but he's the only one they didn't show doing the full court shooting drills. That couldn't be coincidence could it?

And lastly, Kuz said that if he was still there later in the draft, the Lakers promised they'll take him. He also stated that he wanted to be a Laker. When the Lakers were shopping DLO for another lottery pick, we thought it was for Luke Kennard, Monk, or something like that. Is it possible we were trying to take Kuz as high as 10? After seeing him play, it's not completely out of the question.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers got the 10th pick to draft Kyle Kuzma, at the time of the trade, the Internet would have absolutely blown up and I'm kind of bummed it didn't happen now
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
If the Lakers got the 10th pick to draft Kyle Kuzma, at the time of the trade, the Internet would have absolutely blown up and I'm kind of bummed it didn't happen now

I would've been flipping out about them passing on Monk.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I would've been flipping out about them passing on Monk.

I would have too considering you had potential lights out shooters in Kennard, TJ Leaf, etc. They already know this roster is full of suspect shooters sans DLO/Lopez at the time.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Per NBA.com:

Kyle Kuzma is currently the 7th leading scorer in the NBA (19.2 ppg, 56% FG).
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Per NBA.com:

Luke will probably still have him come off the bench if he was top 5 in scoring during the regular season for not setting screens.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

Well, he should continue to come off the bench anyway.

It's not like the guy isn't getting serious minutes. When Lonzo Ball starts and gets some conditioning, I may reconsider.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

The scary thing about all this Kuzma hype is that Lonzo hasnt even been in the fold yet. Lonzo only enhances Kuzma's game.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject:

Funny thing is that Magic has compared Lonzo and BI to himself and Worthy, but it appears that Kuz is better suited to the James Worthy role.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Per NBA.com:

Luke will probably still have him come off the bench if he was top 5 in scoring during the regular season for not setting screens.

What's crazy to me is that Luke picks out things that are positives and re-paints them as negatives.

He says Kuzma slipping screens breaks the offense, but what offense are we running in the first place? If it's all reads, as Luke wants, maybe Kuzma is just making the right read?

At least Kuzma is always moving out there. I just don't like how Luke inserts these little jabs against certain guys. You just know he's going to use them in the future to justify reducing Kuzma's minutes for whatever reasons.

Last edited by Don Draper on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 105 of 880
Jump to: