OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 463, 464, 465 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Injury prone?

Obviously too early to call, but definitely something to watch for in the future. He got hurt at UCLA, hurt in summer league, and hurt in preseason. Definitely not encouraging that a "mild sprain" keeps him from even practicing for a week and a half. He might want to Steph and see what he started doing to stop the ankle problems if this continues to be an issue. But hopefully it's just the team being ultra conservative and he's fine, which is less likely since he's not even on the practice floor when we need to be building chemistry.

He had a couple minor dings at UCLA, but he played in every game and was an iron man for that team. This narrative is overblown.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
I love this kid but how can YOU NOT say he's injury-prone? Up until this point, HE IS! SUCKS!

What are you drinking? I'm having an Old Grandad old fashioned.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Might be injury prone or it might be a lack of some toughness when dinged up. We really got spoiled having two decades with one of the toughest and most talented dudes in NBA history leading the way for us.

You think theyd let kobe play on a sprained ankle in preseason? Kobe was injury prone early in his career. So was shaq they were both out for long stretches at a time. Missing half seasons sometimes.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerEric wrote:
I love this kid but how can YOU NOT say he's injury-prone? Up until this point, HE IS! SUCKS!

I think he's going off SL and preseason
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Injury prone?

No it’s the preseason, it would be dumb to play him in a stupid pick up game.

Yet every other team is doing it?

A lot of star players aren’t playing or are playing less minutes, If the Lakers played Ball right now and he aggravated the injury again and misses 1 month, then the Lakers will be under fire and fans everywhere will be raged. I’m more interested in watching Kuzma then Ball right now anyway.

You mean star players that have already proven themselves and have played through numerous NBA seasons? Lonzo is a rookie who needs all the practice he can get, he's not a star.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Injury prone?

A lot of star players aren’t playing or are playing less minutes, If the Lakers played Ball right now and he aggravated the injury again and misses 1 month, then the Lakers will be under fire and fans everywhere will be raged. I’m more interested in watching Kuzma then Ball right now anyway.

You mean star players that have already proven themselves and have played through numerous NBA seasons? Lonzo is a rookie who needs all the practice he can get, he's not a star.

You make it sound like he’s refusing to practice
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerEric wrote:

I think he's going off SL and preseason

What a triple double bum!
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

He needs reps for sure but uh let’s get to a more important topic, what shoes would he be wearing on opening night?!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKRUZIoV4AAntok.jpg

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Injury prone?

Lol, my point was clear, he doesn't need to play right now at all, it doesn't matter if he's a star or not, there is no point giving effort in preseason a lot of players obviously don't when it comes to pre season and Lonzo is good enough to come in right away and have his presence felt, he's been playing basketball for years and the NBA regular season is were he's gonna make his mark.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Injury prone?

Obviously he's not and wouldn't be. He can't practice or play, Which is why I'm a little concerned. If it was a mild sprain, with his age and the training staff he has access to, he should be fine. A week after his sprain happened, reporters said he was still limping. Spectrum staff are saying they still (as in as of today) see him with his leg propped up onto a chair, hooked up to an electronic stimulation machine every practice and that he can't participate. The injury was clearly more serious than they described and/or he's a slow healer. That's something to watch, especially given his play style.

The sample size is far too small to draw any conclusions, but it is discouraging. As yinoma has said, this is important time for the team as they're implementing their offensive and defensive schemes and learning to play together, especially since training camp was shortened starting this year. If he can't even practice with the team, it's probably not them holding him out of games just to be cautious and more he actually can't play.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Injury prone?

Obviously he's not and wouldn't be. He can't practice or play, Which is why I'm a little concerned. If it was a mild sprain, with his age and the training staff he has access to, he should be fine. A week after his sprain happened, reporters said he was still limping. Spectrum staff are saying they still (as in as of today) see him with his leg propped up onto a chair, hooked up to an electronic stiulation machine every practice and that he can't participate. The injury was clearly more serious than they described and/or he's a slow healer. That's something to watch, especially given his play style.

The sample size is far too small to draw any conclusions, but it is discouraging. As yinoma has said, this is important time for the team as they're implementing their offensive and defensive schemes and learning to play together, especially since training camp was shortened starting this year. If he can't even practice with the team, it's probably not them holding him out of games just to be cautious and more he actually can't play.

When it happened it looked bad to me. He was landing from a maximum effort jump. No surprise to me he is still out.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Injury prone?

Lol, my point was clear, he doesn't need to play right now at all, it doesn't matter if he's a star or not, there is no point giving effort in preseason a lot of players obviously don't when it comes to pre season and Lonzo is good enough to come in right away and have his presence felt, he's been playing basketball for years and the NBA regular season is were he's gonna make his mark.

Vet teams who know how to play together don't need to care about preseason. We don't have that luxury. Iirc, Luke himself said that he wanted Lonzo to be playing in preseason and an injury would be a setback for the team because so much was predicated on Lonzo's ability to push and pass the ball. The first couple of games showed why Lonzo needed the reps, because he needs to learn to play against actual NBA talent, not Summer League hopefuls, and actual NBA defenses which actually adjust. Losing Lonzo for nearly the entire preseason due to the ankle was clearly disappointing and surprising from Luke's comments today.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Injury prone?

Vet teams who know how to play together don't need to care about preseason. We don't have that luxury. Iirc, Luke himself said that he wanted Lonzo to be playing in preseason and an injury would be a setback for the team because so much was predicated on Lonzo's ability to push and pass the ball. The first couple of games showed why Lonzo needed the reps, because he needs to learn to play against actual NBA talent, not Summer League hopefuls, and actual NBA defenses which actually adjust. Losing Lonzo for nearly the entire preseason due to the ankle was clearly disappointing and surprising from Luke's comments today.

For some guys the regular season is the pre-season. Shaq comes to mind.
Lonzo hasn't played a few meaningless games? What's the stress? He'll get a lot of minutes all season long. It's not like he's getting cut next monday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Widespread Lonzo fever making Lakers a tough ticket already

Quote:
The latest Lonzo Ball-related news happened quietly. That might be news in itself for a guy whose mere choice in footwear generates headlines. The Los Angeles Lakers sold out the remaining 5 percent of their season-ticket inventory this week. All gone. The Lakers had 95 percent renewal from their season-ticket holders before the draft, but now that Lonzo Ball is a Laker — and fresh off his tantalizing summer league run — they hit capacity. After a seat-viewing open house at Staples Center, fans bought up the 600 available seats. (Last year’s event yielded about 175 ticket sales). 22 hours ago – via ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20125000/nba-lonzo-ball-putting-la-lakers-fans-their-rightful-place
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject:

carlosLisboa wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Injury prone?

Lonzo hasn't played a few meaningless games? What's the stress? He'll get a lot of minutes all season long. It's not like he's getting cut next monday.

I'm going to ignore the Shaq point since that isn't even close to being analogous. Champion Shaq playing his way into shape after winning a ring after eight years in the league is different than a rookie who hasn't played a minute of actual NBA basketball.

And the preseason isn't meaningless for us. Lonzo hasn't played with Lopez, a guy who figures to be fairly prominent in our offense. Luke hasn't been able to experiment with different lineups with Lonzo to see who fits with him. And the stress is the thought that maybe he won't be able to play a lot of minutes all season long. As was stated many times, it's too early to really worry about it, it's just something to think about since the ankle injury has lingered as long as it has. No one is panicking yet (or at least I'm not) but it's just something to keep an eye on going forward.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Ducking Pat Beverly

Ducking the entire Clippers

He just didn't want to be upstaged by the best PG in LA, Teodosic.

That might actually be true this season
KungPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

The Clippers suck. I don't even care if they don't, they still suck.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Ducking Pat Beverly

Not impressed with Teodosic's game so far.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

Have none of you rolled an ankle before? It's not something you just bounce right back from. It lingers for a while. Fultz was lucky when he rolled his in early July because he had over a month until training camp started to get back to 100%.

Ball just landed on someone's foot and rolled his ankle. It's a freak thing that could happen to ANYONE. The comparisons to Curry's ankle problems and stuff like that are pure hysteria.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

I don’t know about pure hysteria, but definitely premature
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

carlosLisboa wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Injury prone?

I guess you're right what the heck they're going to lose most games with him anyways. This just delays the negative posts for awhile.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Widespread Lonzo fever making Lakers a tough ticket already

Quote:
The latest Lonzo Ball-related news happened quietly. That might be news in itself for a guy whose mere choice in footwear generates headlines. The Los Angeles Lakers sold out the remaining 5 percent of their season-ticket inventory this week. All gone. The Lakers had 95 percent renewal from their season-ticket holders before the draft, but now that Lonzo Ball is a Laker — and fresh off his tantalizing summer league run — they hit capacity. After a seat-viewing open house at Staples Center, fans bought up the 600 available seats. (Last year’s event yielded about 175 ticket sales). 22 hours ago – via ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20125000/nba-lonzo-ball-putting-la-lakers-fans-their-rightful-place

Now he just has to play.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Ducking Pat Beverly

Not impressed with Teodosic's game so far.

listening to someone discussing Teodosic this week....."It's not that he is bad at defense or is unable to play defense....it is more like simply chooses to not play defense....like ever"
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Zo vs Kuz half court shooting competition

Zo looks like he's moving ok
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Zo vs Kuz half court shooting competition

Zo looks like he's moving ok

No doubt that there holding him out because of it being preseason, Lakers probably think he's good enough and has the intelligence to come in from a long lay off and make a Impact, that's what generational talents do.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 463, 464, 465 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 464 of 1688
Jump to: