THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 638, 639, 640 ... 734, 735, 736  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 5472

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
"Electric and all infrastructure was disaster before hurricanes. Congress to decide how much to spend. We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. Forever!"

Ever hear a US president talking like this?... no racial component to this?... would he say this about the gulf states (Florida), Texas?

Puertoricans are our US brothers and sisters


Just saw this. Wow. I'm speechless.
_________________
ExKUZme, we are all BALLievers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 33410
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject:

Oh and 'forever'??

MARIA MADE LANDFALL 3 FREAKING WEEKS AGO AND THIS MORON SAT ON HIS ASS AND DID NOTHING FOR A WEEK AFTER THAT.

The idiot has the attention span of a 2 year old with ADD after doing an 8 ball and 10 cups of espresso.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 41885
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Oh and 'forever'??

MARIA MADE LANDFALL 3 FREAKING WEEKS AGO AND THIS MORON SAT ON HIS ASS AND DID NOTHING FOR A WEEK AFTER THAT.

The idiot has the attention span of a 2 year old with ADD after doing an 8 ball and 10 cups of espresso.

Watchu know bout 8balls Hector?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 13923
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
So Rose McGowan gets suspended from Twitter for calling people out about Harvey Weinstein, but Der Fuhrer can threaten an entire nation with nuclear obliteration and Twitter does nothing?


Apparently what happened (and has happened to many women on Twitter), a massive group of woman-hating trolls reported enough of her posts that it triggered an automatic temporary suspension on Twitter (without Twitter making an active decision to suspend or not suspend). They've been roundly criticized but haven't fixed the problem, both in this case and as an ongoing problem.

This is what often happens when women speak up on social media. This also happened to Clinton supporters on social media, to the point they needed to create a "secret" group on Facebook just to talk about the campaign in peace without harassment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 6971

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: TRUMP HEALTHCARE EXECUTIVE ORDER

Trump begins Obamacare dismantling with executive order
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 27908

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
governator wrote:
"Electric and all infrastructure was disaster before hurricanes. Congress to decide how much to spend. We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. Forever!"

Ever hear a US president talking like this?... no racial component to this?... would he say this about the gulf states (Florida), Texas?

Puertoricans are our US brothers and sisters


Just saw this. Wow. I'm speechless.



I thought "1st Responders" were cops, fire department and medics? They do actually stay in PR forever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 33410
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
President Donald Trump is embroiled in a long-running verbal spat with NFL players over their kneeling during the national anthem to protest social injustice toward African-Americans. He has taken objection to their perceived disparagement of the star-and-striped flag, the national anthem and the military.

But on Wednesday night, the president talked through the “Retreat” bugle, a military tradition that serves to honor soldiers and veterans.

The president was speaking to one of his strongest supporters in the American media, Fox News’ Sean Hannity, at the Air National Guard in Middletown, Pennsylvania.

Mid-interview the “Retreat’ anthem started to play, and while others have stopped in their tracks to salute, stand to attention or pay their respects for the bugle, Trump sat with Hannity and continued to speak throughout it.

"What a nice sound that is," Trump said. "Are they playing that for you or for me?"

"They're playing that in honor of his ratings,” he said, referring to Hannity. "He's beating everybody.”

When it plays, soldiers stop and salute, and civilians place their hands on their hearts in a patriotic act observed by the military. But the president did neither for the sound that has served as a tradition since before the American Revolutionary War, in spite of his criticism of NFL players for protesting during the national anthem.


So, uh, there's that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 4549
Location: Southland Native

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

WP: Slavery still exists in America
WP: US Withdraws from UNESCO
_________________
Manchester United Unmissable US Summer Tour 2017
Romelu Lukaku - Welcome to United!


Last edited by Gatekeeper on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 33410
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
WP: Slavery still exists in America


Fake news. Ditka says there's no oppression in America.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 41885
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

NOTE: Though it's not as newsworthy as, standing, sitting or kneeling for the NA, the message is being heard and discussed.

I'm listening CBS2 newscast. Young athletes of the country are getting involved in the discussions. They're discussing it with their peers and coaches. Not the standing, sitting or kneeling, they're discussing the message.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 9166

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

General Kelly made a surprise appearance in front of the press and lied his ass off to defend Trump. I understand why he's doing it, but it's incredible what Trump does to otherwise good people.
_________________
¡Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 41885
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
General Kelly made a surprise appearance in front of the press and lied his ass off to defend Trump. I understand why he's doing it, but it's incredible what Trump does to otherwise good people.


Who thinks he'e really going to quit?

The Calm Before The Storm?? Amendment 25???

Could the 25th Amendment really remove Trump from office?

LINK
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.


Last edited by jodeke on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Apr 2001
Posts: 6441

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
General Kelly made a surprise appearance in front of the press and lied his ass off to defend Trump. I understand why he's doing it, but it's incredible what Trump does to otherwise good people.


"good people"? I think anyone who supports and enables Trump has been evil all along. They may have appeared nice or civilized beacuse of the family or peer pressure. But the evil in them was just waiting for an opportunity to come out.
_________________
“Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
― Isaac Asimov
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 13923
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: TRUMP HEALTHCARE EXECUTIVE ORDER

governator wrote:
Trump begins Obamacare dismantling with executive order


Bottom line: The government will now let insurance companies go back to selling inexpensive junk plans that don't cover things -- which you don't find out until you get sick. Young people and people who can't afford good health insurance will leave the ACA pool, creating two tiers. The ACA pool will get sicker as younger healthy people leave, the risk for insurance companies will go up and they will raise premiums even more. Some insurance companies will stop offering ACA-level plans and offer cheap junk plans instead. The insurance markets will destabilize further, making everything worse.

He's trying to implode the system from within which hurts EVERYONE.

The fact that Trump is an ignorant moron and doesn't understand how insurance works, or how risk pools and the mandate work together to keep costs down, IS NO EXCUSE. He may think he's doing a good thing, I don't know. But this is bad, bad policy and will result in many people unable to afford insurance and ultimately will cost thousands of lives.

We can only hope the few people in congress who were working on a bi-partisan fix of the ACA will somehow continue their work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 13923
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
General Kelly made a surprise appearance in front of the press and lied his ass off to defend Trump. I understand why he's doing it, but it's incredible what Trump does to otherwise good people.


"good people"? I think anyone who supports and enables Trump has been evil all along. They may have appeared nice or civilized beacuse of the family or peer pressure. But the evil in them was just waiting for an opportunity to come out.


I agree with this in general. However, Kelly turned down the job multiple times and is said to loathe Trump. I really think he took the job because he saw how dangerous Trump is to the country and he thought he could help mitigate some of the risk. Of course the Trump stink will taint him too, but he may be one of the few people in that administration who would/could draw a line in the sand should Trump go for the nuclear button.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 33410
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
General Kelly made a surprise appearance in front of the press and lied his ass off to defend Trump. I understand why he's doing it, but it's incredible what Trump does to otherwise good people.


"good people"? I think anyone who supports and enables Trump has been evil all along. They may have appeared nice or civilized beacuse of the family or peer pressure. But the evil in them was just waiting for an opportunity to come out.


I agree with this in general. However, Kelly turned down the job multiple times and is said to loathe Trump. I really think he took the job because he saw how dangerous Trump is to the country and he thought he could help mitigate some of the risk. Of course the Trump stink will taint him too, but he may be one of the few people in that administration who would/could draw a line in the sand should Trump go for the nuclear button.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part...


I agree with you on this one. There are career military folks who will put country ahead of any and everything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 13923
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Trump Just Blew Off a Deadline for Implementing Russian Sanctions He Approved

Quote:
Lawmakers worry the president is planning to ignore parts of the law he signed under congressional pressure.


Quote:
The White House has blown by an October 1 deadline for beginning to implement new sanctions targeting Russia, drawing concern in Congress that President Donald Trump is planning to ignore parts of a bill he grudgingly signed in August.

“The delay calls into question the Trump administration’s commitment to the sanctions bill which was signed into law more than two months ago, following months of public debate and negotiations in Congress,” Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Ben Cardin (D-Md.) said in a joint statement Wednesday. “They’ve had plenty of time to get their act together.”


Quote:
Cardin and McCain said the White House has also ignored a September 28 letter they sent asking for information on implementation plans. “In addition to the administration’s lack of responsiveness on this deadline, there does not appear to be a significant diplomatic effort to engage our allies in Europe and lead an effort to increase pressure on Moscow,” they said in their joint statement. “Congressional intent was clear, reflected in the overwhelming bipartisan majority in favor of the legislation.”


The traitor in the White House is ignoring the will of Congress and still putting Putin over U.S. interests. What a shock.

And he will continue to do it unless and until they impeach him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 41885
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

For those who missed the press breifing

FULL. White House press briefing. Secretary John Kelly. October 12, 2017

LINK
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 27908

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
General Kelly made a surprise appearance in front of the press and lied his ass off to defend Trump. I understand why he's doing it, but it's incredible what Trump does to otherwise good people.


"good people"? I think anyone who supports and enables Trump has been evil all along. They may have appeared nice or civilized beacuse of the family or peer pressure. But the evil in them was just waiting for an opportunity to come out.


I agree with this in general. However, Kelly turned down the job multiple times and is said to loathe Trump. I really think he took the job because he saw how dangerous Trump is to the country and he thought he could help mitigate some of the risk. Of course the Trump stink will taint him too, but he may be one of the few people in that administration who would/could draw a line in the sand should Trump go for the nuclear button.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part...


I agree with you on this one. There are career military folks who will put country ahead of any and everything.


At what point is he putting Trump over country though? Helping Trump lie to American citizens isn't putting the country ahead of anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 41885
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
General Kelly made a surprise appearance in front of the press and lied his ass off to defend Trump. I understand why he's doing it, but it's incredible what Trump does to otherwise good people.


"good people"? I think anyone who supports and enables Trump has been evil all along. They may have appeared nice or civilized beacuse of the family or peer pressure. But the evil in them was just waiting for an opportunity to come out.


I agree with this in general. However, Kelly turned down the job multiple times and is said to loathe Trump. I really think he took the job because he saw how dangerous Trump is to the country and he thought he could help mitigate some of the risk. Of course the Trump stink will taint him too, but he may be one of the few people in that administration who would/could draw a line in the sand should Trump go for the nuclear button.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part...


I agree with you on this one. There are career military folks who will put country ahead of any and everything.


At what point is he putting Trump over country though? Helping Trump lie to American citizens isn't putting the country ahead of anything.

I liken Trump to nitro, handle with care. If Kelly was to hard on Trump it could do more harm than good. I have to believe there's a plan in place. IMO Mueller is key.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 3959
Location: My own little piece of reality

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
governator wrote:
"Electric and all infrastructure was disaster before hurricanes. Congress to decide how much to spend. We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. Forever!"

Ever hear a US president talking like this?... no racial component to this?... would he say this about the gulf states (Florida), Texas?

Puertoricans are our US brothers and sisters


Just saw this. Wow. I'm speechless.


I just read a Twitter thread really going after Trump on this. Author wrote Trump views Puerto Ricans basically as "sea Mexicans". And we all know what he thinks about Mexicans.

Trump thinks he gets to define who is American and who is not. Who is "deserving" of help. He is wrong.
_________________
There are certain truths that are not alternative, they are self evident.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 6971

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
governator wrote:
"Electric and all infrastructure was disaster before hurricanes. Congress to decide how much to spend. We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. Forever!"

Ever hear a US president talking like this?... no racial component to this?... would he say this about the gulf states (Florida), Texas?

Puertoricans are our US brothers and sisters


Just saw this. Wow. I'm speechless.


I just read a Twitter thread really going after Trump on this. Author wrote Trump views Puerto Ricans basically as "sea Mexicans". And we all know what he thinks about Mexicans.

Trump thinks he gets to define who is American and who is not. Who is "deserving" of help. He is wrong.


"TEXAS: We are with you today, we are with you tomorrow, and we will be with you EVERY SINGLE DAY AFTER, to restore, recover, and REBUILD,"

Florida: "Just like TX, WE are w/you today, we are w/you tomorrow, & we will be w/you EVERY SINGLE DAY AFTER, to RESTORE, RECOVER, & REBUILD,"

So... what is Puerto Rico to the US president?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 8564
Location: DMV

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

This burn is so specific and on point, I wish it hadn't come from a GOP strategist:
Quote:
One of the most in-demand Republican operatives says of Bannon: "One year from now everyone is going to reminisce about this in the same way 90s kids do about Ini Kamoza's 'Here Comes the Hotstepper' — 'Oh, yeah. I remember that song. What the hell happened to him? Just that one song, huh?"

Link
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 13923
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
So Rose McGowan gets suspended from Twitter for calling people out about Harvey Weinstein, but Der Fuhrer can threaten an entire nation with nuclear obliteration and Twitter does nothing?


Apparently what happened (and has happened to many women on Twitter), a massive group of woman-hating trolls reported enough of her posts that it triggered an automatic temporary suspension on Twitter (without Twitter making an active decision to suspend or not suspend). They've been roundly criticized but haven't fixed the problem, both in this case and as an ongoing problem.

This is what often happens when women speak up on social media. This also happened to Clinton supporters on social media, to the point they needed to create a "secret" group on Facebook just to talk about the campaign in peace without harassment.


Now Twitter is saying one of her tweets included a private phone number. They said they deleted the tweet and unlocked her account. Then some babble about supporting important voices. They messed up, people complained, then they covered their butt with some bs explanation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 13923
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
SweetP wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
governator wrote:
"Electric and all infrastructure was disaster before hurricanes. Congress to decide how much to spend. We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. Forever!"

Ever hear a US president talking like this?... no racial component to this?... would he say this about the gulf states (Florida), Texas?

Puertoricans are our US brothers and sisters


Just saw this. Wow. I'm speechless.


I just read a Twitter thread really going after Trump on this. Author wrote Trump views Puerto Ricans basically as "sea Mexicans". And we all know what he thinks about Mexicans.

Trump thinks he gets to define who is American and who is not. Who is "deserving" of help. He is wrong.


"TEXAS: We are with you today, we are with you tomorrow, and we will be with you EVERY SINGLE DAY AFTER, to restore, recover, and REBUILD,"

Florida: "Just like TX, WE are w/you today, we are w/you tomorrow, & we will be w/you EVERY SINGLE DAY AFTER, to RESTORE, RECOVER, & REBUILD,"

So... what is Puerto Rico to the US president?


Seriously, those tweets sound like they are straight out of The Hunger Games and President Snow just declared Puerto Rico is District 12.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 638, 639, 640 ... 734, 735, 736  Next
Page 639 of 736
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB