OFFICIAL LARRY NANCE JR THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 183, 184, 185 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tony
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 924

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

Nance is the type of lockerroom guy you need to have when you're a GOOD team. On a bad team, he's a nice guy and all but he's absolute trash.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 13071

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Nance is a role playing backup 4 off the bench.

It's been very much a let down watching him try to play small ball 5 with both the starters and the bench.

But it did signify that his role is definitely a 4, and it's definitely as a backup.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 15735

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Nance is a role playing backup 4 off the bench.

It's been very much a let down watching him try to play small ball 5 with both the starters and the bench.

But it did signify that his role is definitely a 4, and it's definitely as a backup.


So far that seems to be the case.
_________________
2018: Lonzo . PG12 . BI . Kuzma . Dedmon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JeezyXVII
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Jul 2014
Posts: 981

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Hard to call anyone on the team trash when they donít even know what sets their running and there doesnít seem to be any offense put in place.

But Nance is a young athletic 4 who has high is to play in a system when things are put in place. Our Offense and Defense are horrible right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 1669

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
Nance is the type of lockerroom guy you need to have when you're a GOOD team. On a bad team, he's a nice guy and all but he's absolute trash.


Mark Madsen 2.0
_________________
Set the Kuz Loose!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 27622

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Larry hasn't done much in the first three games. Im looking for better results on Sunday from LNJr and the entire team.
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 4587

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Man people turn their backs quickly here.

Nance is what he's been-- a role player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 24792

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Man people turn their backs quickly here.

Nance is what he's been-- a role player.


A good one at that. One of the only positive young players so far based on analytics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 11768

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
2019 wrote:
Man people turn their backs quickly here.

Nance is what he's been-- a role player.


A good one at that. One of the only positive young players so far based on analytics


Yeah, the negativity of the posts here are ridiculous. He's a proven plus guy at as the 1st or 2nd big off the bench. That's solid value for #27.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 27622

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject:

There's no doubt that fans are just searching for improvement from all our players and nit-picking the small stuff. Larry has done about as expected.
No one is expecting Larry to be a gang-buster but he is solid in most areas.

Most people know exactly what LNjr brings to the team. He has a vital role with the team. He's a dependable, energetic role player who can hold his own whether coming off the bench or starting. He's also a great team mate/locker guy.

Plus it's been said that he's Zu's daddy & Kuz's cousin
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 56410
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
defense wrote:
2019 wrote:
Man people turn their backs quickly here.

Nance is what he's been-- a role player.


A good one at that. One of the only positive young players so far based on analytics


Yeah, the negativity of the posts here are ridiculous. He's a proven plus guy at as the 1st or 2nd big off the bench. That's solid value for #27.


I just think he's so clearly outmatched playing C, there's no advantage for him at either end of the floor. Back up PF is perfect, and we need him for that perimeter D and offensive boards.

I wish he would leak out more.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
LAL ended w 3 of 4 guys of my '17 Draft list.
Fultz, Ball, Tatum, Jackson, DSJ, Monk, Markkanen, Collins, Kennard, Mitchell

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 11045

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

If he can't shoot, he's a liability pretty much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 11768

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
tox wrote:
defense wrote:
2019 wrote:
Man people turn their backs quickly here.

Nance is what he's been-- a role player.


A good one at that. One of the only positive young players so far based on analytics


Yeah, the negativity of the posts here are ridiculous. He's a proven plus guy at as the 1st or 2nd big off the bench. That's solid value for #27.


I just think he's so clearly outmatched playing C, there's no advantage for him at either end of the floor. Back up PF is perfect, and we need him for that perimeter D and offensive boards.

I wish he would leak out more.

I agree, he's horrible at the 5. Now that we have an analytics head, maybe we can finally kill that experiment for good.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 26474

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject:

I'm interested to see what a good Nancd game looks like in year 3, and then what confidence he can keep after a streak of a few good games - he's had these streaks before. But now with presumably more skill on both sides of the ball for him....good games could look great. I'm not giving up on Larry - not the most confident guy in a little slump, that usually looks bad.

(Don't think he's a future starter still)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 30789
Location: Torrance

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

He looked more active tonight. His numbers are still meek, and he choked on a wide open layup, but I see signs of the rust finally starting to chip off.
_________________
Smash-mouth basketball - Officially Dead (2014-2017)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 15875
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
He looked more active tonight. His numbers are still meek, and he choked on a wide open layup, but I see signs of the rust finally starting to chip off.


honestly, I think it helps the starting lineup in that he does not have to have touches on offense...just kind of moves the ball. I can see him starting, but getting less minutes than Randle and Kuzma.
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 30789
Location: Torrance

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
He looked more active tonight. His numbers are still meek, and he choked on a wide open layup, but I see signs of the rust finally starting to chip off.


honestly, I think it helps the starting lineup in that he does not have to have touches on offense...just kind of moves the ball. I can see him starting, but getting less minutes than Randle and Kuzma.


And he's better guarding 4's. I thought he did a better job on Randolph than Randle.
_________________
Smash-mouth basketball - Officially Dead (2014-2017)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 121608
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
He looked more active tonight. His numbers are still meek, and he choked on a wide open layup, but I see signs of the rust finally starting to chip off.


honestly, I think it helps the starting lineup in that he does not have to have touches on offense...just kind of moves the ball. I can see him starting, but getting less minutes than Randle and Kuzma.


I really like what Luke did tonight.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 15735

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject:

I like him next to Brook.
_________________
2018: Lonzo . PG12 . BI . Kuzma . Dedmon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 27622

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

FYI:
Quote:
@billoram:
Breezy Lakers shoot around this morning. One note: Larry Nance Jr will start at PF again.
1 hour ago

_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 15875
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

so is Larry going to open the season in the starting lineup next to Lopez?
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2003
Posts: 15822

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
so is Larry going to open the season in the starting lineup next to Lopez?


It looks like Luke is heading in that direction, but I think it's a bad move. That first unit is going to be offensively challenged with BI and Nance starting at the 3 and 4. Lonzo isn't going to put up huge scoring numbers either, and KCP is just streaky. I don't like that our only proven scorer in the starting unit is Lopez. He's surrounded by 2 guys in Nance and Lonzo who aren't always aggressive offensively and 2 guys in KCP and BI who are aggressive but have questionable shot selection. Not a good mix.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 2877

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Larry will be fine. "IF" defense is a priority, he will get his minutes. Nobody on the team covers as much ground as he can. Energetic defender who is exceptional at providing help D. Tremendous motor and provides many intangibles. The problem he has is he has ZERO confidence on the offensive side of the ball. You can hide him if you surround him with good offensive players, but on this team, that is not the case.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Sep 2007
Posts: 8765

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject:

my god I have never seen a player that makes me so frustrated from being so damn unselfish. He really needs to learn to be more greedy and take the shot instead of passing up wide open layups. If he could take 10% of clarkson or randles tunnel vision he would be so much better. Nance can be a good player but he needs to show he can be a threat on the offensive end. I never though I would say this about a player but, Start being more selfish!!!!!!
_________________
11/9/12 the day the brown was flushed down!!!!!!

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 2877

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject:

MedRomLaker wrote:
my god I have never seen a player that makes me so frustrated from being so damn unselfish. He really needs to learn to be more greedy and take the shot instead of passing up wide open layups. If he could take 10% of clarkson or randles tunnel vision he would be so much better. Nance can be a good player but he needs to show he can be a threat on the offensive end. I never though I would say this about a player but, Start being more selfish!!!!!!


Spot on! His unselfishness is actually a detriment to his game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 183, 184, 185 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 184 of 205
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB