OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 650, 651, 652 ... 663, 664, 665  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:

That is all well and good, but can we wait until BI is 22 before we compare him to Kuz. How do we know that BI won't have the effortless stroke and more moves when he is 2 years older? Given his talent and work ethic, I think that BI will look a lot like Kuz when he is 22 in terms of scoring potential.

In watching that last game of his, he played great in the first 3 quarters and melted down in the 4'th.

I don't think he will do that again. The coaches have said it, he is pressing. He is trying too hard. It will come around for him and the first 3 quarters or the last game indicate to me that he is close to getting over trying too hard issue. Also, he is dealing with some minor injuries and has missed practice time.

Will 2 years be enough for BI to close the skill gap between he and Kuz? I think you underestimate just how underdeveloped BI's skills are and just how far along Kuz is in his skill development. Also, if Kuz is who we want BI to eventually be 2 years from now, then it doesn't make sense to start BI right now. Even if BI gets to where Kuz is now, I expect Kuz to continue to improve as well.

At this point, Kuz looks like a viable #3 option with the potential to be a #2 eventually. It might be a bit hyperbolic to say this, but he's looking like a taller, more athletic, more skilled version of Klay with streaky shooting (vs pure shooting) and a better motor.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

That is all well and good, but can we wait until BI is 22 before we compare him to Kuz. How do we know that BI won't have the effortless stroke and more moves when he is 2 years older? Given his talent and work ethic, I think that BI will look a lot like Kuz when he is 22 in terms of scoring potential.

In watching that last game of his, he played great in the first 3 quarters and melted down in the 4'th.

I don't think he will do that again. The coaches have said it, he is pressing. He is trying too hard. It will come around for him and the first 3 quarters or the last game indicate to me that he is close to getting over trying too hard issue. Also, he is dealing with some minor injuries and has missed practice time.

Will 2 years be enough for BI to close the skill gap between he and Kuz? I think you underestimate just how underdeveloped BI's skills are and just how far along Kuz is in his skill development. Also, if Kuz is who we want BI to eventually be 2 years from now, then it doesn't make sense to start BI right now. Even if BI gets to where Kuz is now, I expect Kuz to continue to improve as well.

At this point, Kuz looks like a viable #3 option with the potential to be a #2 eventually. It might be a bit hyperbolic to say this, but he's looking like a taller, more athletic, more skilled version of Klay with streaky shooting (vs pure shooting) and a better motor.

Agreed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I keep hearing reports that he is banged up. It may be the reason for his horrific play but if he's that banged up then sit out and rest.

That was Luke throwing him a lifeline.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
32 wrote:
I keep hearing reports that he is banged up. It may be the reason for his horrific play but if he's that banged up then sit out and rest.

That was Luke throwing him a lifeline.

yes
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Posted in wrong thread...
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

His shot is banged up
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

well he was wearing a knee sleeve the practice after Luke said that.. Lonzo called his a swag pad, but Ingram doesn't do swag pads.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
If you're hating on Ingram at this point in his career, you're foolish.

Is it hating if I call him BrickGram cos he’s been throwing up a lot of bricks lately hehe

https://i2.wp.com/i.giphy.com/48FhEMYGWji8.gif?resize=500,323

Well since he's having a hard time getting shots to go in, how about Outgram?

Well his shot definitely hasn’t been MoneyGram
Baron Von Humongous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

So...not Klay

Good post, but I'm on Kuzma being the more athletic Dario Saric.
Baron Von Humongous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:

Is it hating if I call him BrickGram cos he’s been throwing up a lot of bricks lately hehe

Holy shīt! Once Ingram gets good that's his nickname! It's decided.

MoneyGram!
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

So...not Klay

LOL. I guess I just see a bit of Klay in Kuz with his quick release, shot form and ability to shoot the J in a variety of ways. However, I agree that if Kuz brings more to the table than Klay does, then he really isn't very much like Klay after all.
Baron Von Humongous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

So...not Klay

LOL. I guess I just see a bit of Klay in Kuz with his quick release, shot form and ability to shoot the J in a variety of ways. However, I agree that if Kuz brings more to the table than Klay does, then he really isn't very much like Klay after all.

Hopefully his shot becomes automatic and he's super Klay.
LandsbergerRules
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
What's puzzling about BI's game right now is the fact that he insists upon taking it the hole and forcing up low percentage shots. I understand his struggles from the perimeter, but it seems like BI has the mindset that he can get to the rim at will and finish, which is clearly not the case. He may eventually become a 20 ppg scorer, but it won't be because of his ability to get to the rim.

Randle used to do this too, just bulldoze his way to the rim but now mixing it with mid-ranges and occasional post ups. BI needs to do same and both need to get their jumpers going

Yup, that's why I used to get so annoyed with Randle and now get annoyed with Ingram for doing this same dumb (bleep).
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:

Holy shīt! Once Ingram gets good that's his nickname! It's decided.

MoneyGram!

Lol done!
mookielala
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Haters haters and more haters..
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject:

I think, for good or bad, people need to keep things in perspective. Remember how great Ingram looked in that one summer league game and how there were those, only a few weeks ago, still believing that Ingram could average 20PPG this season? Things can change rather quickly, for both good and bad. Who knows where Ingram come January? Does Kuzma fall down to earth too?

I want everyone to succeed, but I think its best to focus on the long term. Let a few months go by, at least, then re-assess... and that should apply to everyone currently on this team, not just Ingram or Kuzma.
LandsbergerRules
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

Nah. I see a few haters, but way more who simply recognize that the kid is not ready for what Magic wants him to do this year. If he's developed the right way, (like how Kawhi was, for example) he could be real good in a few years.
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
mookielala wrote:

Nah. I see a few haters, but way more who simply recognize that the kid is not ready for what Magic wants him to do this year. If he's developed the right way, (like how Kawhi was, for example) he could be real good in a few years.

Pretty much all this.
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
mookielala wrote:

Pretty much all this.

So while he's not ready, shouldn't he be sitting on that bench? Make him earn his stripes before he's truly ready? Maybe if you bring him off the bench he'll calm down and slowly find his grove. I really don't buy this crap that because he's a 2nd pick he should be a starter.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Ingram is a better ball handler..
I think it's possible he's better offensively than Kuz is now, in 2 years. 2 years is a lot of time
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

kentu_tiro wrote:
MJST wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
mookielala wrote:

Pretty much all this.

So while he's not ready, shouldn't he be sitting on that bench? Make him earn his stripes before he's truly ready? Maybe if you bring him off the bench he'll calm down and slowly find his grove. I really don't buy this crap that because he's a 2nd pick he should be a starter.

Yeah he should, but the rules are different for BI cause he's Magic's golden child. He's not going to have to fight for the starting position regardless of how he plays, unfortunately. He should. But they don't seem to be actually practicing what they preach in that aspect.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject:

Not worried about BI now. All Laker fans would be scared right now if he were developing in SA under Popovich. He will be fine so long as Luke know how to use him.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject:

Only people i have ever seen complain about a 18 year old wanting to attack the basket as much as he does. Remember how he was finishing over people last year? that is there. Once his new improve J adjusts to the speed of live games its over.

Him and Kuzma will be a sick 3/4 pair.. add lonzo... appreciate guys.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject:

ball
ingram
kuz
randle
lopez

go..

Thanks to KD for allowing us all to Witness King Pouty!
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject:

Until he learns to use his left hand, he's going to be painfully easy to guard.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 650, 651, 652 ... 663, 664, 665  Next
Page 651 of 665
Jump to: