Lakers Sign Travis Wear to second 10-day contract; Pg. 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 18688
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Tanlentueux wrote:
diando wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Why?
Becaue we need shooters in the team


To be honest, I would have much rather had the Lakers sign Mike Dunleavy or trade for Bellenelli.

I mean in retrospect he can be another Novak but we need vets and guys who have the experience of spreading the floor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2014
Posts: 7330

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

I can't figure out if they are looking at him as a future coach (he's 27) or if they were influenced by the instant success Kuzma has had (a smart player with skills can run circles around more physically gifted but dumber players)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
perry731
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Why didn't bring in the 3pt sharp shooter we had in summer league squad, Matt Thompson or something like that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Posts: 7707
Location: Planet Terror

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Should've just signed Thomas
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 26458

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Tanlentueux wrote:
diando wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Why?
Becaue we need shooters in the team


To be honest, I would have much rather had the Lakers sign Mike Dunleavy or trade for Bellenelli.

I mean in retrospect he can be another Novak but we need vets and guys who have the experience of spreading the floor.


You have to keep it in perspective. We're talking a two-way contract. That's only going to be accepted by a player who has no chance to make a team and was going to have to go down to the g league anyway.

Because they're such a bad deal for players, a lot of two way contract guys are like the one we signed --older guys who had a few crappy years and are hoping for a miracle. It's not really guys you count on to be meaningful pieces; they are "in case of emergency break this glass" guy.

Mike Dunleavy wouldn't have taken the contract, and it doesn't impact any trades.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 26458

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject:

perry731 wrote:
Why didn't bring in the 3pt sharp shooter we had in summer league squad, Matt Thompson or something like that?



He signed a contract with a Spanish team back in July.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5827
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
Where is Matt Thomas. Thatís the guy we want.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bol
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3025

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
Where is Matt Thomas. Thatís the guy we want.


Yep. He could really shoot it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 2541

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
governator wrote:
So Bogut, this guy, Vander Blue and the guy with the dreads are fighting for the 2nd two-way contract?



Unless... unlesss....... Caruso's going from 2 way contract to take Ennis' spot on the permanent roster?? Now we have an open 2 way for Wear?

Is an upgrade for Caruso within the rules at this point? Just guessing a little here.
Caruso better be on the real roster come the season opener. he deserves it. we need 3 pg's.

someone always gets hurt. he's shown enough from the spl til now to let us know he aint afraid of the nba. He's going to play hard, play smart and every blue moon give the crowd something to go ooooh about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 26458

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
governator wrote:
So Bogut, this guy, Vander Blue and the guy with the dreads are fighting for the 2nd two-way contract?



Unless... unlesss....... Caruso's going from 2 way contract to take Ennis' spot on the permanent roster?? Now we have an open 2 way for Wear?

Is an upgrade for Caruso within the rules at this point? Just guessing a little here.
Caruso better be on the real roster come the season opener. he deserves it. we need 3 pg's.

someone always gets hurt. he's shown enough from the spl til now to let us know he aint afraid of the nba. He's going to play hard, play smart and every blue moon give the crowd something to go ooooh about.



Guys on 2-way contracts can spend 45 days (not games) with the parent team. Their 2-way contract can be converted to a regular contract at any time. But then of course you have to get rid of one of the guys taking up one of the full-time 15 roster spots to make room for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 4870
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject:

Probably just a training camp signing, but the Lakers need forwards who can shoot, and right now, Nance is not even pulling the trigger.
_________________
If you don't like the Lakers in re-build mode, I suggest you take your whiny skinny butt to the Clippers bandwagon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 24044
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

watching this USA Basketball World Cup Qualifier on ESPN2....and Travis Wear is on Team USA!
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 3893

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

I just noticed that hes shooting 42% from three in the GLeague and its on 3.0 three point field goals made per game. I wouldn't be surprised if he is signed to a 10 day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 31700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

KUDOS to TW!

Travis Wear is a shooter and a rebounder. He has played well all year for the SB Lakers.

Don't sleep on him; he earned this shot the hard way.
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 7878

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
I just noticed that hes shooting 42% from three in the GLeague and its on 3.0 three point field goals made per game. I wouldn't be surprised if he is signed to a 10 day.


Got a chance to see the team at training camp before the 16-17 season. Wear was with that group. I was very impressed with his 3pt shooting.
_________________
Bold Prediction: Lance Stephenson is going to play well for the 2018-19 Lakers (7/6/2018).

2-3-7-14 Los Angeles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ÄH£M£$TR•
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 1318

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
what the heck is Exhibit 10? i've never heard of that type of deal before.


Sounds like a strain name.
_________________
🌮 WE 🌮 WANT 🌮 TACOS 🌮
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 56955

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

@wojespn
Quote:
The Lakers are signing G League forward Travis Wear to a 10-day contract, league source tells ESPN.

_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.


Last edited by 32 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
HAL 9000
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 37

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
perry731 wrote:
Why didn't bring in the 3pt sharp shooter we had in summer league squad, Matt Thompson or something like that?



He signed a contract with a Spanish team back in July.


Does anybody know how he is doing? That guy was lights out in SL. Wonder why the Lakers didn't take a chance on him?


Last edited by HAL 9000 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 7672

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:


_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 19039

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Matt Thomas was better.


I still want Matt Thomas.
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 56955

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

@billoram
Quote:
Travis Wear is expected to meet up with the Lakers in San Antonio today.

_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 56955

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
EL SEGUNDO - The Los Angeles Lakers have signed forward Travis Wear to a 10-day contract, it was announced today by General Manager Rob Pelinka.

Wear has appeared in 33 games (29 starts) for the South Bay Lakers this season, averaging 16.7 points, 8.3 rebounds and 2.0 assists, while shooting 44.5 percent from the field and 41.9 percent from three-point range. In 2014-15, the UCLA graduate averaged 3.9 points and 2.1 rebounds in 13.2 minutes with the New York Knicks.

In February, he competed for the second time with Team USA as part of the FIBA World Cup Qualifying first round, helping lead the team to a 4-0 record.

The Lakers roster stands at 16, including two two-way players.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/180302-lakers-sign-travis-wear?cid=tw
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
levon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 2409

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

Playoffs baby
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 10759
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
EL SEGUNDO - The Los Angeles Lakers have signed forward Travis Wear to a 10-day contract, it was announced today by General Manager Rob Pelinka.

Wear has appeared in 33 games (29 starts) for the South Bay Lakers this season, averaging 16.7 points, 8.3 rebounds and 2.0 assists, while shooting 44.5 percent from the field and 41.9 percent from three-point range. In 2014-15, the UCLA graduate averaged 3.9 points and 2.1 rebounds in 13.2 minutes with the New York Knicks.

In February, he competed for the second time with Team USA as part of the FIBA World Cup Qualifying first round, helping lead the team to a 4-0 record.

The Lakers roster stands at 16, including two two-way players.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/180302-lakers-sign-travis-wear?cid=tw



Thanks 32...
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 1461

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

Good sign. I have seen some games of South Bay and they play @ a frenzy pace so that will not be a problem. Also I saw the 2 games against Puerto Rico in the FEB World Cup qualifiers, he was starting and really looked good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB