OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2453, 2454, 2455 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
I'm still amazed how many people would keep a best friend that sets you up and ruins your relationship for giggles/internet attention.

If you like Dlo, be happy he gets to play in the East to show out a bit.

Dlo, lin are not the second coming of the splash bros they're just a couple starters in the east.

Even SAS who bashed DLO first said he wasn't the one who leaked it on net. Just 'cos you believe something doesn't mean it's the same for everyone.

Good thing we have splash bros that will take us to playoffs making DLo expendable. How many on our team can even put up 2nd year DLo's stats?
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:
I'm still amazed how many people would keep a best friend that sets you up and ruins your relationship for giggles/internet attention.

Dlo, lin are not the second coming of the splash bros they're just a couple starters in the east.

Even SAS who bashed DLO first said he wasn't the one who leaked it on net. Just 'cos you believe something doesn't mean it's the same for everyone.

Good thing we have splash bros that will take us to playoffs making DLo expendable. How many on our team can even put up 2nd year DLo's stats?

You would trust Dlo either way? i doubt it.

So you believe linangelo is going to the finals soon? is that your point?

Or your point is that because our starting PG has played a total of 0 season games, Dlo is a star?

Who's our starting SG anyways?

Dlo was very expendable (and so is most of our roster).

A lot went into that trade aside from "stats". so much so that it was a good move and they even did him a solid. to the east, to a team with a pg.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:

He didn't do any of that on purpose. The video was stolen from his phone and subsequently leaked onto the internet. And it didn't ruin anyone's relationship, Nick Young's relationship was intact until he got caught cheating by his own security cameras.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:

You would trust Dlo either way? i doubt it.

So you believe linangelo is going to the finals soon? is that your point?

Or your point is that because our starting PG has played a total of 0 season games, Dlo is a star?

Who's our starting SG anyways?

Dlo was very expendable (and so is most of our roster).

A lot went into that trade aside from "stats". so much so that it was a good move and they even did him a solid. to the east, to a team with a pg.

KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
nickuku wrote:
KBH wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Practice wrote:
It would be pretty ironic if Russell averaged 20 ppg this season.
Even more so if they win more games than us.

The biggest irony would be if he became an All Star in the depleted East and then came to the LA All Star game without the Lakers having an All Star of their own.

Jeanie Buss wrote:
“Next season, Los Angeles is hosting the NBA All Star Game at Staples Center and I’m concerned that we won’t have an All Star on the team. And that would break my heart.”

Damn.

It would be a real nice wake up call to Magic and Jeannie.

Nope cuz they're convinced Bron and PG13 are coming this summer.

*Magic wink*
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:

My best friend shouldn't be going around cheating on a regular basis.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
I don't understand why we had to make the salary dump NOW. We could have at least showcased him for a year and then dumped him for more, and only if we knew both LeBron and George were coming.

There is the possibility that it will be more difficult to get rid of unwanted contracts (Mozgov & Deng) next summer than it was this past summer.

If they have LeBron and PG ready to sign and the final hurdle is clearing enough cap space, stretching both Mozgov and Deng would be a huge hit against the team salary for five seasons.

If they would want to dump Mozgov with no salary coming back in a difficult market, the cost could be higher than just Russell if the deal is even possible.

Agreed.
But the flip side is -- you only need to dump Mozgov or Deng IF you have two maxes coming in the first place.

It's why I've always said that the trade will ultimately be judged on whether we get 2 maxes or not. Though I think the Ingram vs. Russell angle might haunt us down the line, too.

Sure, but next summer will be critical for them.

In recent years, there was the KFT and high lottery picks to draw attention away from the dip in performance. Making the 2018 playoffs is going to be quite a longshot. At the moment, the only pick they have in the 2018 draft is from Denver in the second round.

Signing some Names is going to be critical because there won't be anything to show the media and fanbase that is new and shiny (high lottery pick) or divert attention (KFT). If they are forced to punt again and take salary dumps because they didn't sign any Names, the media and fanbase are going to get restless. A 2018 - 19 roster of developing youngsters and salary dumps should be decent, but could struggle to make the 2019 playoffs. Then they risk falling into the rut of maybe or maybe not making the playoffs and drafting in mid first round.

The drafting of high lottery picks is over (or should be) and the more difficult part of the rebuild is starting now. Except they really haven't set the situation up for how other teams have gone about this. Jeanie didn't bring in a technocrat (Morey type) to run things. She didn't insist that the venerable Jerry West be brought in to advise the newbies running the FO. They didn't bring in a player development wizard to get the turnaround going faster.

Atlanta took the salary dump of Jamal Crawford for a first round pick while Magic used cap space to curry favor with LeBron & Co with the KCP signing. Maybe that salary dump was offered to the Lakers and they passed on the opportunity or maybe Jerry West steered the business to Atlanta because the Welcome Mat wasn't out when he wanted to come to the Lakers this past Spring.

It is true they won't need all of that cap space if the two Maxes have shunned them, but I think it will be a failure for Jeanie because she chose a Name (Magic) to bring in Names. She didn't choose a technocrat, Jerry West or strong player development person to help turn things around.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
nickuku wrote:
KBH wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Practice wrote:

The biggest irony would be if he became an All Star in the depleted East and then came to the LA All Star game without the Lakers having an All Star of their own.

Jeanie Buss wrote:
“Next season, Los Angeles is hosting the NBA All Star Game at Staples Center and I’m concerned that we won’t have an All Star on the team. And that would break my heart.”

Damn.

I doubt that.

still....the mischievous part of me so hopes it happens
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
nickuku wrote:
KBH wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Practice wrote:

Jeanie Buss wrote:

Damn.

I doubt that.

still....the mischievous part of me so hopes it happens

I hope he has a great year, for him, not to stick it to LA. I hope our guys have great years too
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:

My best friend shouldn't be going around cheating on a regular basis.

Best friend?? Who the hell has a best friend barely out of high school when they're 30 frickin years old??!!!

Grow up already. You had a kid doing stupid kid (bleep), while a grown ass man brags on his dick like a frickin middle schooler.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:

It wasn’t DLO but who lets facts get in the way of a rant?
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:

It wasn’t DLO but who lets facts get in the way of a rant?

Yeah I thought it was pretty much known he wasn't the one who release it.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

John Wall
Kyrie Irving
Isaiah Thomas
Kyle Lowry
Kemba Walker

I reckon these are the Top 5 PGs in the East.

Dragic coming off a great season and probably the 6th best.

Kemba was a inefficient scorer in his first 4 years and then went from a terrible 3P shooter to a really good one in last 2 seasons. Averaged 23.2/5.5 last year. Lowry didn't start averaging double digits until his 7th season.

I think DLo can average Kemba-esque numbers by his 4th or 5th season in the league. He will be 23-24 by then. Kemba shot 30.5, 32.3, 33.3, 30.4 from beyond the arc in his first four seasons.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:

He didn't do any of that on purpose. The video was stolen from his phone and subsequently leaked onto the internet. And it didn't ruin anyone's relationship, Nick Young's relationship was intact until he got caught cheating by his own security cameras.

Yep. But who needs facts when they have a narrative to shove
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
John Wall
Kyrie Irving
Isaiah Thomas
Kyle Lowry
Kemba Walker

I reckon these are the Top 5 PGs in the East.

Dragic coming off a great season and probably the 6th best.

Kemba was a inefficient scorer in his first 4 years and then went from a terrible 3P shooter to a really good one in last 2 seasons. Averaged 23.2/5.5 last year. Lowry didn't start averaging double digits until his 7th season.

I think DLo can average Kemba-esque numbers by his 4th or 5th season in the league. He will be 23-24 by then. Kemba shot 30.5, 32.3, 33.3, 30.4 from beyond the arc in his first four seasons.

D'lo post all-star break in his 2nd year was putting up the kind of numbers it took Kemba 5 seasons in the NBA to accomplish.....

So.....
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject:

Not a big fan of Russell, but he was the one the Lakers had taking the big shot a lot of times. Lakers don't seem to have anyone that can do it right now. So they've taken a step back in the team development in that regard.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Dominator wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:

Yep. But who needs facts when they have a narrative to shove

The only narrative is reality that Ish happens.

would anyone posting here build or buy anything where a main part has a SLIGHT defect? think a car off the lot with engine noise, brand new house with a leak or cracked foundation, a new mobile with a single busted pixel.

What are those things worth to you?

then realize the lakers franchise is worth billions and tell me he wasn't expendable.

I actually liked/like Dlo and happy he went east to shine (why i check this thread). But the hindsight doesn't equate to criticizing the FO decision at the time which seems to be an underlying "narrative" in the thread.
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

Sean Marks comes from Spurs organization and has made high character one of the prerequisites for players he signs for Nets. The team's culture has been a huge point of emphasis for them. And you can see the results on the team roster.

He has said several times what a good person DLo is - for example, that this is one of reasons why they expect a Lin and DLo backcourt to work.
They are not likely to sign DLo if they believe he would cause any trouble in locker room
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:

1) What an absurd pretense. No one was harmed by that whole situation more than Russell was. He was an idiot for not deleting that (and Nick Young was an idiot for not making him do so), but the notion that Russell did that for giggles/internet attention isn't remotely what happened.

2) Russell was neither great, nor irreplaceable. He was also the best player on the roster at the end of the season, and the Lakers' best long term prospect prior to the acquisition of Lonzo. That's the nature of a young, 26 win team. Are you best guys great players? Obviously not. But if you want to get better...is that where you should start?
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Not a big fan of Russell, but he was the one the Lakers had taking the big shot a lot of times. Lakers don't seem to have anyone that can do it right now. So they've taken a step back in the team development in that regard.

They're apparently expecting some Ingram hero ball in the clutch this season.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Final Preseason per 36 (24 mpg / 4 games):

25.7 pts
44% fg
35% 3pt
6.0 ast
3.4 stl
3.0 trb
0.8 blk
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:

25.7 pts
44% fg
35% 3pt
6.0 ast
3.4 stl
3.0 trb
0.8 blk

Damn.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:

25.7 pts
44% fg
35% 3pt
6.0 ast
3.4 stl
3.0 trb
0.8 blk

total bust production....
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Full preseason highlights:

Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

25.7 pts
44% fg
35% 3pt
6.0 ast
3.4 stl
3.0 trb
0.8 blk

Damn.

We definitely didn't need that kind of production on this team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2453, 2454, 2455 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next
Page 2454 of 2856
Jump to: