The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1113, 1114, 1115 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
So if we don't get LBJ or PG13, is there a better available option at PF than say a $16-18mil/yr Randle? I'm gonna say no

If Randle is still the same player as last year he's not worth 18m on a muilt year contract.

He would need to improve a lot to get that kind of contract from the Lakers. Right now he's worth 10m or less if we go by floor production.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
governator wrote:
So if we don't get LBJ or PG13, is there a better available option at PF than say a $16-18mil/yr Randle? I'm gonna say no

If Randle is still the same player as last year he's not worth 18m on a muilt year contract.

He would need to improve a lot to get that kind of contract from the Lakers. Right now he's worth 10m or less if we go by floor production.

lol that's not true, in todays NBA his rebounding alone is worth 10 million. 13/9/4 from a 22 year old power forward with his rare tools is worth 16-18 mil easy. I think his production this season will make it impossible for us to not re-sign him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
governator wrote:

lol that's not true, in todays NBA his rebounding alone is worth 10 million. 13/9/4 from a 22 year old power forward with his rare tools is worth 16-18 mil easy. I think his production this season will make it impossible for us to not re-sign him.

but so few teams will have more than the MLE.....and there are many players that will likely be in more demand than Randle. I would not be shocked to see him having to accept a deal at or near the MLE on the open market.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
Randle is playing well this year and seems like the best player
besides Lopez and Kuzma.
His mid range jumper is hitting and his rebounding is good.
His defense is improving.

The best Lakers starting lineup:

Lopez
Randle
Kuzma
KCP
Lonzo

This lineup has shooting, rebounding, and even a little defense.
The problem with the Lakers is the press clippings determine the lineup. Not shooting or best fit.

This.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
governator wrote:

but so few teams will have more than the MLE.....and there are many players that will likely be in more demand than Randle. I would not be shocked to see him having to accept a deal at or near the MLE on the open market.

I doubt that happens, there are several teams one deal away from having at least a max slot.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
governator wrote:

I doubt that happens, there are several teams one deal away from having at least a max slot.

I know what your saying, but it does not matter if there are not teams that have the room or are willing to take on salary. I think it is going to be an extremely tight summer.....teams have been less inclined to throw in multiple 1st round pick to dump salary....at the same time teams are less inclined to muddy up their books with only a late 1st as compensation.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
governator wrote:

lol Y'all criminally underrate Randle.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:
Kuzma has been the best play so far this preseason.

Randle has been the 2nd best player and after those guys there is a big gap in performance. Heck JC may be the 3rd best performer.

Kuzma is best profiled as a 3 right now and is our best 3 right now

Randle is our best 4.

Starting Kuzma at the 3 with Randle at the 4 makes the most sense to me. Letting BI come off the bench will help take some pressure off him and he can lead the bench unit along with JC.

Getting BI confident with success against 2nd stringers will go a long way in his development.

Agree 100%.

same
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Most players in the $16-18M range are not worth their contracts. That would include Randle -- unless you're convinced he'll keep on improving and break out into a star.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
governator wrote:

Most players in the $16-18M range are not worth their contracts. That would include Randle -- unless you're convinced he'll keep on improving and break out into a star.

I don't know what constitutes a star, but there is plenty of room for improvement that isn't unattainable for him. I'd like to revisit this after a month or two, but he leads the team in blocks, steals and rebounds in the preseason. If he continues that activity, while getting sharper, even if its slowly, on his rotations and closeouts, he's going to be a positive defender.

I also don't think it's unrealistic, even if it isn't this year, he can get himself to at least a 31% 3pt%. That's what Draymond shot last year from three.

He's also just a great, strong athlete. The only time he looked overmatched physically is against Gobert.

Is 15pts, 9 rbs, 3asts, 1 steal, 1 block a game with average to above average defense and an ability to play the 4/5 worth 16-18million?
D. Sharp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
governator wrote:

lol Y'all criminally underrate Randle.

Seriously. He's putting up near prime Odom numbers at 22 and he's worth 10 million at best - in 2017?
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

nooooooooo
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

He's probably done for the night after what looks like maybe a hip pointer, but 15/7/2 on 5/8 shooting in just 13 minutes was another solid night for him.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Before going out of the game, Randle put up 15/7/2 tonight in 13 minutes of play, while being our best team defender behind Cory Brewer (which isn't saying much given how poor we've played tonight from a team D standpoint). My only criticism of Randle is that he is still hesitant on his jumper. He needs to let it fly.

However, I'm becoming more and more concerned about whether Luke is actually emphasizing 3pt shooting. Sometimes I wonder if Luke is so concerned that he would predictably make this team a 3pt shooting team like GSW that he goes too far the other direction to emphasize rim play to avoid that stereotype.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Before going out of the game, Randle put up 15/7/2 tonight in 13 minutes of play, while being our best team defender behind Cory Brewer (which isn't saying much given how poor we've played tonight from a team D standpoint). My only criticism of Randle is that he is still hesitant on his jumper. He needs to let it fly.

However, I'm becoming more and more concerned about whether Luke is actually emphasizing 3pt shooting. Sometimes I wonder if Luke is so concerned that he would predictably make this team a 3pt shooting team like GSW that he goes too far the other direction to emphasize rim play to avoid that stereotype.

Agreed LS! I loved this game from him tonight (hate to see him get hurt but it seems minor).

I think he wasn’t letting it fly tonight cuz he knew he had a massive speed advantage and he wanted to practice attacking close outs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

That's a theory. I think it's much more likely Randle's not shooting 3's because he has no confidence in it. His shot still doesn't look good (even the few that have gone in) and he's infinitely more confident driving the ball. I suppose Luke could require him to shoot 2-3 threes a game, though.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Back spasms
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

WHERE. IS. THE. TUSSIN.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

That's a theory. I think it's much more likely Randle's not shooting 3's because he has no confidence in it. His shot still doesn't look good (even the few that have gone in) and he's infinitely more confident driving the ball. I suppose Luke could require him to shoot 2-3 threes a game, though.

I don't know. I keep hearing Luke talking about how he wants to make sure players don't fall in love with the 3 and get back to other parts of the game. He said the same about Brook today, and Randle has shared those sentiments in interviews. I'm sensing this strange resistance to the 3pt shot.

That doesn't preclude the lack of confidence you are talking about, but it is also something that could be contributing to it. I'd like Randle to shoot 2-3 3s per game, even if he initially doesn't shoot a high %. The same goes for Nance and, especially, Ingram. Our players need to get used to seeing the 3pt shot as a 1st option, looking for that shot and not just taking it when its obvious that one should. You don't become a good 3pt shooter, nor gain the confidence to be one, without getting used to taking 3s in games.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I don't know. I keep hearing Luke talking about how he wants to make sure players don't fall in love with the 3 and get back to other parts of the game. He said the same about Brook today, and Randle has shared those sentiments in interviews. I'm sensing this strange resistance to the 3pt shot.

That doesn't preclude the lack of confidence you are talking about, but it is also something that could be contributing to it. I'd like Randle to shoot 2-3 3s per game, even if he initially doesn't shoot a high %. The same goes for Nance and, especially, Ingram. Our players need to get used to seeing the 3pt shot as a 1st option, looking for that shot and not just taking it when its obvious that one should. You don't become a good 3pt shooter, nor gain the confidence to be one, without getting used to taking 3s in games.

Oh god, I'm still recovering from Byron telling the team not to shoots threes years ago.

I agree, I definitely want to see Randle and Nance (especially Nance actually, I think his shot is better from a technical standpoint) develop their three ball so we can space the floor. In that regard, the coaching staff should be encouraging them to take those shots. I just remember all summer hearing how they were in the gym practicing their threes (I'm assuming Luke told them too), yet they still won't shoot it in game. I don't sense Luke is the type to ban people from certain shots, but I don't know. They should definitely be taking threes in game to develop.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Feel better!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Get well soon Jules!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Played well tonight, looked on his way to a 20/10 game but unfortunately the back got hit and the spasms started.

Hope he's ready for the season. Very obvious he should be starting, so Luke can stop being cute with trying to act like Nance is a starter.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Hope hes ok, hes been beasting lately
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Randle and Caruso sparked our bench. Glad to see them playing with Kuzma, Clarkson.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1113, 1114, 1115 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1114 of 1536
Jump to: