OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 651, 652, 653 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

He was MoneyGram tonight.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
He was MoneyGram tonight.

Lakers actually ran some plays
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
dao wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
Not sure if this is the right game to complain about BI, he’s been solid but he’s usually solid in the first half. It’s in the 2nd half that things go awry for him when he goes into trying to live up to Magic’s 20ppg mode

Overall I'm satisfied with what I'm seeing from him, everyone knows I defend Ingram to no end.. But I have to call it like I see it. His off ball defense is atrocious. Some of the worse Ive seen, and there's no excuse for it.
This preseason, we've seen lazy closeouts on three point shooters, and he gets burned a lot on back door cuts. Hopefully he's more locked in during the actual season.

Ingram's preseason was ugly but at least it ended with him seeing the ball go in on a few jumpers. He's looked solid in the last two games, other than the ugly fourth quarter the other day. Preseason means nothing though, let's see what the season brings.

I honestly believe we wouldn't have saw those ugly games had he not been pressured to average 20ppg. There's no excuse for his lack of focus off ball though, it's inexcusable.
Agree on both points. He has a great feel for the game for such a young player. His feel for the game is probably his greatest strength. And that completely disappeared when he went into iso, ball stopper mode. When he's making quick decisions and moving the ball, things will come easier to him, especially when Lonzo is out there with him.

The off ball defense is all about effort and focus. It will come.

I think his defense off ball would get better with more experience, and with the coaching staff pointing out to him what he’s doing wrong during film sessions

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject:

I'll take 13ppg from BI, just like his second half averages from last season (even this is asking alot). And no I'm not being a hater, I think it'll take an astronomic, and highly improbable leap for him to hover anywhere 18-20ppg with any type of decent efficiency. He hasn't shown the ability yo hit the jumper consistently, and his footwork when coming off of screens also leaves alot to be desired.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject:

It was beautiful.. the pull-up 3 in P/R.. I love him in P/R. he's made like 4 behind the back passes to open pop guys in the last 2 games. couple assists
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject:

BI just needs to focus on being a 13/5/5 player this year while being consistent on defense.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject:

15 points? Magic is disappointed.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
I'll take 13ppg from BI, just like his second half averages from last season (even this is asking alot). And no I'm not being a hater, I think it'll take an astronomic, and highly improbable leap for him to hover anywhere 18-20ppg with any type of decent efficiency. He hasn't shown the ability yo hit the jumper consistently, and his footwork when coming off of screens also leaves alot to be desired.

Agreed.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
It was beautiful.. the pull-up 3 in P/R.. I love him in P/R. he's made like 4 behind the back passes to open pop guys in the last 2 games. couple assists

Lopez for the 3!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject:

5 hours ago he was a bust and would be lucky to average more than last year.. now people can seen 16 again.

Just choose an argument and stick with it for better or for worse.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
5 hours ago he was a bust and would be lucky to average more than last year.. now people can seen 16 again.

Word. I have been consistently down on him since last December and holding to it
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

Would you like to get specific as to who this is directed at?

Those who weren't high on him certainly won't change their minds after one decent game. And they haven't communicated a change in this thread.

Those who are high on him have maintained their position that he just needs more time. We've all been pretty consistent.

So who was calling him a bust, and now believes he can average 16ppg? I'd love to know. =)
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject:

The main thing I saw was he was back to using the hesitation dribble to square himself and release a more traditional jump shot.

That is what worked last year from mid because its similar to a spot up.

What it says is that when Ingram's feet are planted, in a spot up or he squared his shoulders such as with his spot ups, he'll be better at shooting it than he was last year.

The problem with Ingram is his footwork and his inability to balance himself the same way when he's coming off a screen, coming off the dribble that isn't a hesitation, and when he's coming around a curl or out of a set play where he has to come off a screen, cut or curl and shoot it.

Those are the main things he should be working on. It's something Kuzma can do very well which is why he thrived in the offense. Ingram would do well to work on his footwork and work on it NOW before it becomes unfixable down the line due to him being too used to it.

While he's working on his footwork, we should be running plays that sets him as the off ball spot up shooter, or the off ball cutter to the basket, or slasher/slasher off the hand off. That is where his offensive game is strongest right now.

We run plays like that till all-star break and during practice work on his footwork and getting his balance when shooting off the dribble, off turns and curls and especially off the screens or pick and rolls so he can immediately shoot when someone goes under a screen and consistently make them pay for it.

Eventually after half a season of working on all that we can start trying to run plays to see him execute it during games and see how he's coming along with it.

Post All-Star break we run the action more often to get it up to NBA speed and see where his problems are (when he reverts back, the results when he doesn't, etc) and then we give him that information in his exit meeting so he has every tool to know what to go in the off-season working on.

That is how we should be developing him right now imo.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject:

This kid can really pass, man. BI Kuz Zo.... they all make passes that impress the hell out of me (and BI makes timely/great reads when he's not thinking about averaging 20ppg)
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject:

Ball, Ingram, Randle and Kuzma have all shown very solid passing capabilities. Again it's one of the reasons people were pining over the potential D'Lonzo backcourt. Because of the passing potential between zo, russ, ingram and randle together.

Alas.

KCP is an underrated passer as well tbh but he's not the guy you usually want with the ball in his hands to "make something happen" with.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
This kid can really pass, man. BI Kuz Zo.... they all make passes that impress the hell out of me (and BI makes timely/great reads when he's not thinking about averaging 20ppg)

Gotta love the unselfish players.. You know something's there when most of the league and former players are excited about watching Ball play.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Ball, Ingram, Randle and Kuzma have all shown very solid passing capabilities. Again it's one of the reasons people were pining over the potential D'Lonzo backcourt. Because of the passing potential between zo, russ, ingram and randle together.

Alas.

KCP is an underrated passer as well tbh but he's not the guy you usually want with the ball in his hands to "make something happen" with.

Not overly impressed with KCP, but I'm thinking he just needs more time to get acclimated. So far Brewer has looked like our best SG.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Gotta love the unselfish players.. You know something's there when most of the league and former players are excited about watching Ball play.

this is true. Hard to find educated/experienced guys who don't like Ball's game a lot. At the same time, the I don't think the former players are really taking into account his difficulties in the P/R, they're super eye test guys. His floater has to come around --- I saw pre-game video before one of the first pre-season games, kid couldn't make a midrange jumper going right.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
MJST wrote:

Alas.

Not overly impressed with KCP, but I'm thinking he just needs more time to get acclimated. So far Brewer has looked like our best SG.

Hope this isn't a slight down year for KCP's shooting (which is only league average)
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

this is true. Hard to find educated/experienced guys who don't like Ball's game a lot. At the same time, the I don't think the former players are really taking into account his difficulties in the P/R, they're super eye test guys. His floater has to come around --- I saw pre-game video before one of the first pre-season games, kid couldn't make a midrange jumper going right.

The in between game needs work, with that being said most prospects come in with an underdeveloped game from midrange. Which is why I was impressed with Ingram. Ball actually acknowledged that it needs work which is encouraging. I wouldn't expect it to be an issue long term. Only thing that concerns me is whether or not he can stay in front of opposing guards.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject:

I didn't catch the game, but I love this statline from BI! Well-rounded (especially those 5 assists), 2-3 on 3s, with just 1 TO?
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject:

Easily BI's best game since the season ending stretch last year.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject:

solid game from BI much more in control and taking what the defense was giving him. Hope he can develop some consistence on the mid range end

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:40 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/919176677833371648 all deez plays
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/919176677833371648 all deez plays

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 651, 652, 653 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 652 of 1885
Jump to: