Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Math wrote:
My favorite podcast so far. I liked that you guys a little more into the technical aspects of the game. It was educational.

And I hope you're wrong about our coaching staff. I'm sure you do too.

Oh, absolutely. And glad you enjoyed it.

Can you please provide a synopsis of our coaching staff according to the post you responded to?

I'm just concerned about the basketball expertise on the staff, in terms of player development probably more than anything else. I don't think we've been great at developing talent.
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Kyle Kuzma Is Legit

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/11/laker-film-room-kyle-kuzma-legit/

GT, when JJ took KK down low and scored on a jumper in the lane , that was an offensive foul not called. He clearly hooked KK with an eldow.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

He's the only untouchable on our team
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Math wrote:
My favorite podcast so far. I liked that you guys a little more into the technical aspects of the game. It was educational.

Can you please provide a synopsis of our coaching staff according to the post you responded to?

I'm just concerned about the basketball expertise on the staff, in terms of player development probably more than anything else. I don't think we've been great at developing talent.

Hear you. A guy who I thought was really underrated is Larry Lewis. He worked w/Russell and some of our other young guards.

When we transitioned over to Luke, he was let go. If anything, I hope this Front Office spends money on the best coaches who develop young talent. We can be better in that area by a significant margin, IMO.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject:

foreveralakerfan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Kyle Kuzma Is Legithttp://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/11/laker-film-room-kyle-kuzma-legit/
GT, when JJ took KK down low and scored on a jumper in the lane , that was an offensive foul not called. He clearly hooked KK with an eldow.
GT - great work

Enjoyed the video breaking down Kuzma's game

It will be exciting to watch him play during the regular season where he now has the attention of every coach and will be scouting his tendencies.

His maturity has enabled him to raise his Basketball IQ. With Kuzma being 2 years older than Ingram, the differences are showing

With Randle a physical beast, he still has various holes in his game. Nance has freakish athletic abilities, but his motor goes (surprisingly) off and on. Kuzma appears to have the better all-around game.

Big Game James shared that there are similarities between Kuzma and Kwahi Leonard. If only BI can be 50% of KD's effectiveness..
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Math wrote:

Got it. I must admit that I'm starting to suspect that the staff as a whole was chosen on the basis of friendliness, rather than competency.

If that is/was the case, Luke will ultimately pay the price. Thanks GT.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Math wrote:

Hear you. A guy who I thought was really underrated is Larry Lewis. He worked w/Russell and some of our other young guards.

When we transitioned over to Luke, he was let go. If anything, I hope this Front Office spends money on the best coaches who develop young talent. We can be better in that area by a significant margin, IMO.

I thought the description of how Pop and the Spurs developed Kahwi Leonard and in what order they developed him was very interesting, particularly when contrasted to how BI was shoved into the 'team leader' and 'go-to scorer' role in the press a month ago.

Also a very interesting segment on seeing lots of Lakers making the same mistakes, such as overhelping down low and not chasing shooters off the 3 point line, if it's only one player making that mistake its on the player, but if it's everyone, that's on the coaching staff. Also, why on Earth is Randle STILL twisting on a 3 point shot in practice, somebody's grabbing rebounds and tossing it back to him but nobody's stopping him and having him reevaluate his foot placement, just letting him burn bad habits in. Yeah, player development needs to move up to a front seat here.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShQ4cjFB_ec

Go to the 6:21 mark if y'all want to hear a familiar voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiZdX5D1Tho

... and the 1:14 mark here...

Good going GT.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:

My video/interview with Alex Caruso. This was my first chance to geek out with a Lakers player and he was great. Even if you don't usually watch my stuff, this one is pretty cool, hearing a player describe the way that they play the position.

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/14/laker-film-room-alex-caruso-plays-pg/
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

^I've been all over the Lakers today (as my post above yours makes obvious). Already watched the video. I'm not sure I've heard a Lakers player get that deep into both offensive and defensive reads in years. Really great interview and makes me like Caruso even more.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^I've been all over the Lakers today (as my post above yours makes obvious). Already watched the video. I'm not sure I've heard a Lakers player get that deep into both offensive and defensive reads in years. Really great interview and makes me like Caruso even more.

I'd like to get as many of them to go this in depth as possible throughout the season, but I suspect that Caruso's the exception to the rule. He really, really knows the game, son of a coach, etc.

Hoping to do a piece where Kuzma breaks down his spin move, but that may be tough. He isn't the warmest or cuddliest dude.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject:

That's what I'm talking about. This is what I wanted to hear as soon as I learned you got access.

For (bleeps) sake, it's really not that difficult to get them to talk details, right? It's pretty simple. Tell us what you are looking at in [fill in the blank] situation or what reads the coaches want you to make here. Drives me nuts that we don't get more (or any) of it from other reporters.

The video in addition to the conversation was great. Awesome work, GT.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

That interview was amazing. Awesome stuff, GT!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
That's what I'm talking about. This is what I wanted to hear as soon as I learned you got access.

For (bleeps) sake, it's really not that difficult to get them to talk details, right? It's pretty simple. Tell us what you are looking at in [fill in the blank] situation or what reads the coaches want you to make here. Drives me nuts that we don't get more (or any) of it from other reporters.

The only stuff most reporters care about is; what kind of shoes is Lonzo wearing the next game?

Shame on you DB, there’s no time for detailed questions when we have pressing info like that to get out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

The only stuff most reporters care about is; what kind of shoes is Lonzo wearing the next game?

Shame on you DB, there’s no time for detailed questions when we have pressing info like that to get out.

To be fair, Caruso was cool about it. Most athletes aren’t usually that open and a lot of them aren’t too fond of the media for various reasons.

Great job by GT to land a great, informative interview. I’m sure he gets the respect of players and coaches because he speaks the same language.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
22 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

To be fair, Caruso was cool about it. Most athletes aren’t usually that open and a lot of them aren’t too fond of the media for various reasons.

Great job by GT to land a great, informative interview. I’m sure he gets the respect of players and coaches because he speaks the same language.

I also prepped Caruso beforehand, telling him that I coached a bit of HS ball and that he could be as technical as he liked in his answers, because my audience would love that. I'm hoping that other players and coaches would welcome that as well, but I'm sure Caruso was on the far end of that scale, as a PG/coach's son.
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Couldn't agree more! Great job, GT. I found it very encouraging to hear about his discussion of Pick and Roll coverage because he mentioned what the coaches are emphasizing and how they as players are communicating. These are the sorts of comments that help assuage my fears about the coaching staff. Hopefully, the coaching staff is doing all their due diligence and effectively teaching the players so that they can make it happen on the court. Once the basic principles are in place, hopefully they can correct the other things like Randle's twisting shot.

I'm definitely on the Caruso bandwagon. I was at the last preseason game, and granted, Ennis had an awful game, but Caruso just brings a more dynamic energy when he's on the court. The other 4 pick up on that energy and play with more of a sense of urgency. Caruso makes things happen on the offensive end, while it seems like Ennis is just running around screens, hoping for the defense to make a mistake.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
22 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

I also prepped Caruso beforehand, telling him that I coached a bit of HS ball and that he could be as technical as he liked in his answers, because my audience would love that. I'm hoping that other players and coaches would welcome that as well, but I'm sure Caruso was on the far end of that scale, as a PG/coach's son.

I really liked your questions for Alex Caruso - and admire him for having the enthusiasm and willingness to talk details in such a thoughtful, well organized and intelligent manner. First hand insights. What he's looking for in a given situation, how the team is evolving in terms of communication, nuances on the pick and roll or on a fast break, and he doesn't just stop at the first line of defense and what they're going to do, but when the second wave of defense comes what to anticipate and how to react. Daaammm... Rather amazing depth of detail straight from the mind of someone playing NBA point guard for the first time. I also liked the film clips you found to show us what play or situation he's talking about.

That was great stuff GT!!

And props to Caruso too. He's making quite a few fans these days and he deserves it.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Vadorojo wrote:
I found it very encouraging to hear about his discussion of Pick and Roll coverage because he mentioned what the coaches are emphasizing and how they as players are communicating.

I couldn't agree more - I was thinking the same thing listening to this.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

GT doing god's work
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
22 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

I really liked your questions for Alex Caruso - and admire him for having the enthusiasm and willingness to talk details in such a thoughtful, well organized and intelligent manner. First hand insights. What he's looking for in a given situation, how the team is evolving in terms of communication, nuances on the pick and roll or on a fast break, and he doesn't just stop at the first line of defense and what they're going to do, but when the second wave of defense comes what to anticipate and how to react. Daaammm... Rather amazing depth of detail straight from the mind of someone playing NBA point guard for the first time. I also liked the film clips you found to show us what play or situation he's talking about.

That was great stuff GT!!

And props to Caruso too. He's making quite a few fans these days and he deserves it.

Very early I said Caruso was very impressive and great addition to this team from the way he moves the ball and his high basketball IQ. I'm going to say that before January Caruso will be the back up point guard on this team.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
My video/interview with Alex Caruso. This was my first chance to geek out with a Lakers player and he was great. Even if you don't usually watch my stuff, this one is pretty cool, hearing a player describe the way that they play the position.

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/14/laker-film-room-alex-caruso-plays-pg/

Best basketball interview I've heard in ages. Keep it up.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Film Room Podcast - Season Preview

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/19/lakers-podcast-2017-18-lakers-season-preview/
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Lakers Film Room Podcast - Season Preview

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/19/lakers-podcast-2017-18-lakers-season-preview/

More of the best lakers podcast around
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

Still doing the GT-casts this season?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 37 of 93
Jump to: