Gordon Hayward Breaks his Leg a Horrible Injury on National TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

what can you even say to something like this? I hope it didn't hurt as bad as it looked. Terrible injury to ever happen, but something about happening within the first few minutes of the first game somehow makes it a little worse. Poor guy, hope he can just get health and then I hope he can get back to the NBA. Yikes.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

I am sorry for his pain, but you take these kinds of risks when you sign with the devil (Celtics)...!
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

If they are calling it a broken ankle it's most likely the fibula. Broke mine in a motorcycle accident and it was dislocated. Looked a lot worse than it was they put a plate on it and I was walking without crutches in less than 2 months. If it's the fibula it's not a weight bearing bone like the shin or tibia. There is a good chance he can play this season if it was just dislocated and no ligament damage. If infact it was fibula.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Confirmed tibia fracture and ankle dislocation. 100% surgery needed. They'll probably give him a few days for swelling to go down, reset the ankle again, screw the tibia and scope the cartilage. Recovery ranges from 4-6+ months. Really sad.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
If they are calling it a broken ankle it's most likely the fibula. Broke mine in a motorcycle accident and it was dislocated. Looked a lot worse than it was they put a plate on it and I was walking without crutches in less than 2 months. If it's the fibula it's not a weight bearing bone like the shin or tibia. There is a good chance he can play this season if it was just dislocated and no ligament damage. If infact it was fibula.

Brad Stevens says fractured tibia.

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/920482191242510336

Rachel Nichols‏Verified account @Rachel__Nichols 4h4 hours ago

Celtics Coach Brad Stevens says Gordon Hayward has a dislocated ankle & a fractured tibia. On his way back to Boston tonight.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Celtics Coach Brad Stevens says Gordon Hayward has a dislocated ankle & a fractured tibia. On his way back to Boston tonight.

I was about to say. I broke my tibia when I was a kid and my foot wasn't dangling off to one side. Dislocation sounds like a "better" injury to have than a fractured ankle? I hope so...
hadokenny
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

I was about to say. I broke my tibia when I was a kid and my foot wasn't dangling off to one side. Dislocation sounds like a "better" injury to have than a fractured ankle? I hope so...

Absolutely not. Dislocation, depending on locations, could be mild, but thats rarely the case with ankle injuries especially if the tib is also fractured. Kids also heal quick so you can't really compare an ankle dislocation in a kid and a grown ass man. With ankle dislocation like that, most likely the ligaments in the ankle are (bleep) up as well. So here you got dislocation, fracture, and most likely extensive ligament injuries. Outlook does not good at all. He is looking at a long rehab period after surgery. I am guessing season ending or close to season ending injury... Poor guy.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

I think the fractured tibia is what dangled the lower part of his leg. Gawd, even typing that nauseates me.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Yeah if it's the tibia it's a lot more serious. That's a weight bearing bone and takes a lot longer to heal. There might even be a secondary surgery to remove any hardware they put in to facilitate healing, like plates and screwsl
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject:

Celtic or not, very unfortunate for anyone. I hope he recovers and is still able to perform at a high level. I've only seen breaks like this from Kevin Ware, Paul George, and now Gordon Hayward.

Does anyone know if this type of break ever occurred on the basketball court before?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Celtic or not, very unfortunate for anyone. I hope he recovers and is still able to perform at a high level. I've only seen breaks like this from Kevin Ware, Paul George, and now Gordon Hayward.

Does anyone know if this type of break ever occurred on the basketball court before?

When I saw his ankle Shaun Livingston flashed before my eyes. Livingston returned and won rings. Caution the image is very, very, very, graphic. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

When I saw his ankle Shaun Livingston flashed before my eyes. Livingston returned and won rings. Caution the image is very, very, very, graphic. LINK

Wow, I don't remember it looking that bad. Yeah that's definitely graphic.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

Livingston took time to rehab, became a journeyman; Hayward was signed to the max deal for a 7-9 year experienced player, and was viewed as a core piece to their immediate contention hopes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Livingston took time to rehab, became a journeyman; Hayward was signed to the max deal for a 7-9 year experienced player, and was viewed as a core piece to their immediate contention hopes.

Livingston signed a nice contract in 2004, four years, $14,169,269 rookie scale contract with L.A. Clippers. Included team option for 2007/08. He was signed as a Clipper savior. I don't think anyone (except him) thought he'd play basketball at this level again. He's an amazing story. I hope Hayward has the same tenacious heart and spirit as Livingston.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

The injury was horrific. I hope for speedy recovery. Also, loved what Kobe wrote to Hayward.

Them plays are always dangerous. Seemed like he was undercut a bit by Crowder
joey25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject:

That was hard to watch. I felt really bad for the guy just couple a minutes into the season and this happens. I wish him a speedy and a full recovery these things are bigger than basketball.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:
The injury was horrific. I hope for speedy recovery. Also, loved what Kobe wrote to Hayward.

Them plays are always dangerous. Seemed like he was undercut a bit by Crowder

I put Kobe's word as my signature. Truly eloquent and something that applies to all of us.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Skip Bayless’s Tweet About Gordon Hayward’s Injury Stirs Outrage

If Gordon Hayward is gone, maybe for the season, LeBron's path to losing a sixth finals gets even easier.

- [ at ] RealSkipBayless

If one didn't think this jackhole was a miserable and tasteless clown before, you should now.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Awful looking injury. It looked like his shoe came off and was just chilling next to his leg... Wish him well.

I can't even imagine going thru that. I stub my toe and I hop around like a baby. If I saw my foot hanging like that I would pass out.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Skip Bayless’s Tweet About Gordon Hayward’s Injury Stirs Outrage

If Gordon Hayward is gone, maybe for the season, LeBron's path to losing a sixth finals gets even easier.

- [AT] RealSkipBayless

If one didn't think this jackhole was a miserable and tasteless clown before, you should now.

Of course but some of the anger towards him is faux outrage especially since many thought/tweeted the same thing but aren't public figures known to be professional trolls like Bayless.

I don't know why anyone expected his response to be different many watch him because he is awful.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject:

So nothing is wrong with his ankle?

Quote:
#NEBHInjuryReport Brad Stevens confirms Hayward's original diagnosis of a dislocation and fracture of left tibia. He will require surgery.

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/920768452004065281
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Dislocated ankle
I'm pretty sure they are going to wait before revealing any liguments tears. I think people are being really optimistic. Kyrie and all his teammates were talking like he was still going to return this season
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject:

For Gordon the player I wish him a full recovery and best wishes.

As for the Celtics, I'm loving it.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

Livingston's injury was much worst........there was a chance his leg was going to be amputated....he didn't play in an NBA game until 18 months later.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject:

I was watching the game live.
When he fell down, Reggie Miller instantly said he broke his leg.
(The game started 1am in Portugal, I only watch E.C. games).
I thought "Now how the hell Reggie can say that? It could be only sure after an X-Ray".
A few seconds later I knew why...

That is not a injury, is a a destruction of your body.

Wish him well in, and a return in 2018-2019.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: