ESPN Power Rankings: Lakers #22
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

32-34 wins.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject:

KB824MJ wrote:
It's really hard to predict how many wins we can get. I think we will be much better than last year, but it all depends on 3 point shooting, I think as well as defense. They did play better defense the last 3 or 4 games, except the very last game!

The fact that Ball didn't play much in the preseason makes it really hard to predict how this team will do. In theory, at least, he could weave the offense together and make us a surprisingly good team. Or he could struggle like a rookie, and the whole thing could be a hot mess.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Feels high. With our back court depth, feels closer to 30. Not sure I see Lonzo lasting a whole season.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

I was really hoping for 40 wins after the draft but I see that Ingram is having a hard time adjusting and is still a bit young and just learning. I hope by the end of the year he is a huge force, but acknowledge that it may not come out that way. Also, while I have great hopes for Lonzo, I see him averaging around 12/10 this year. While that will be great for a rookie, it will not win us any rings.

I think the key for this team is going to be how far Lopez/Bogut can take us and how good Kuz can be.

The other thing that is really concerning me is Walton. I'm just not sure he has a precise vision for what these guys can do. I'm not sure he is bringing out anyone's best. I mean it is so weird to me when I see our guys leave and they are doing pretty well with their new teams. Then I look who they have around them, and they don't seem that good. Yet they are doing better than we are. I think we have talent.

At some point, we have to ask ourselves if we actually have the talent and Walton is not working out or do we just not have the talent????
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ESPN has us at 34 wins, Nylon Calculus has us at 28. Likely somewhere in between. I will stick with 31 with 36 being a number that would really make me happy.

Would 50 make you drunk?

>41 would make me drunk.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Sweet. 8 teams considered worse than LA
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Seriously when you think about it you can sense fear around the league, some people are arguing that our young players aren't good and that Lonzo is the only marquee talent, but in reality if all the guys on the team have a good year a lot of dynamics can change, youth is the reason why people don't think we will win a lot of games but if Lonzo is the next point god, then these projections mean nothing.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Lakers are still going to cruise in the learning mode. With lots of pumps to suffer. Nobody is proven here. Except for Lopez, but even he will have to prove he can stay on the court. And Luke has to prove that he can actually coach.

ESPN has been sadly accurate these last seasons.
But I'm still dreaming of >50% record and playoffs.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject:

My prediction was 35 wins, won’t be mad at 34 at all. I just want to see our young players get better including Clarkson
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
I was really hoping for 40 wins after the draft but I see that Ingram is having a hard time adjusting and is still a bit young and just learning. I hope by the end of the year he is a huge force, but acknowledge that it may not come out that way. Also, while I have great hopes for Lonzo, I see him averaging around 12/10 this year. While that will be great for a rookie, it will not win us any rings.

I think the key for this team is going to be how far Lopez/Bogut can take us and how good Kuz can be.

The other thing that is really concerning me is Walton. I'm just not sure he has a precise vision for what these guys can do. I'm not sure he is bringing out anyone's best. I mean it is so weird to me when I see our guys leave and they are doing pretty well with their new teams. Then I look who they have around them, and they don't seem that good. Yet they are doing better than we are. I think we have talent.

At some point, we have to ask ourselves if we actually have the talent and Walton is not working out or do we just not have the talent????

We have little developed talent.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

Someone said BSPN. That's funny. Yes, they publish a helluva lot of hooey. I'm not into nit-picking power rankings, pre-season or otherwise. It's a sales gimmick.

Ten teams in the league traditionally just stink it up something bad most years, so who really cares if our guys are slotted #27 or #22 ? We're in the league's lower third, that's about all I can sense at this point. If the team defense doesn't improve a full click or more, power rankings will be the least of the fan base's concern.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

We be #1 if only light skin bros were allowed to play in the NBA. No one can put a better 5 out there.

Brook
Larry
Kyle
Jordan
Lonzo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

538 website just came out with new CARMELO player projections for the Boston Celtics. They project 36.6 wins this year.
https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/920799156964229120
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
538 website just came out with new CARMELO player projections for the Boston Celtics. They project 36.6 wins this year.

Way low IMHO.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

If you think about it they lost two great defenders in Bradley and Crowder. They have to rely more on two young guys Brown/Tatum who have little nba experience. And Horford is projected to play only 28 minutes a game. Kyrie is the only real net positive.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Math wrote:
32 wrote:

Way low IMHO.

Thats an insane drop. They're a really young team with only one star now but playing in the east alone will get them to 40

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
If you think about it they lost two great defenders in Bradley and Crowder. They have to rely more on two young guys Brown/Tatum who have little nba experience. And Horford is projected to play only 28 minutes a game. Kyrie is the only real net positive.

They lost a ton. But Kyrie, Horford and the kids is enough for 45+ in the East with B Stevens at the helm methinks.

But enough about those lousy, green turds!!!l
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Math wrote:
32 wrote:

They lost a ton. But Kyrie, Horford and the kids is enough for 45+ in the East with B Stevens at the helm methinks.

But enough about those lousy, green turds!!!l

Yeah (bleep) them, I dont care how many games they win lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: