Start the KUUUUUUUUUZZZ part Deux !!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
LB2 wrote:
I like these lineups

Lonzo
KCP
KUZ
Nance
Lopez

Caruso
Hart
Ingram
Randle
Bogut

Thats a great a starting lineup. The bench would be really solid with the ball in Randle and Caruso's hands.

It will be interesting to see Hart and Clarkson battle for the backup 2
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject:

Honestly it doesn't really matter whether he starts at the 3 or 4. He's versatile enough to play either position, which is exactly what you want in a forward nowadays.

There's merit in all of these starting lineups

Ball/KCP/Kuz/Randle/Lopez
Ball/KCP/Kuz/Nance/Lopez
Ball/KCP/Ingram/Kuz/Lopez

Randle as leader of the second unit makes sense to me. Nance will play better with the first unit than he'll play off the bench, because he can be a very effective role player if surrounded by talented offensive players, but not an effective focal point of a less talented unit. The same is probably true of Ingram at this point. Randle will probably actually player better as the focal point of the second unit.

Kuzma will be effective on either unit, but I think the starting unit desperately needs his shooting.
kb24isback
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

it really doesn't matter who they start TBH, they need to find a rotation that will match up against other teams. right now the lakers simply dont have enough talent or moxy to play their own game, they are always behind the 8 ball.

as for BI, he knows and everyone else knows within the organization that Kuzma is the better player. there's no denying it, much like Eddie Jones was the man in LA and when KB8 came along, it was CYA.

last year BI was a project, but he probably outplayed Deng so aside from stiffer competition from other teams, there was no way to judge how far along BI has come. now that the Kuz is here and everyday he is schooling BI, the lakers have taken off the blinders and realize that they f%$%k up big time by not trading BI for Demarcus Cousins and that BI is not untouchable. its one thing to get beat up by allstars like KD, but to get whooped day in and day out by a late 1st rd that makes 1/4 of your salary can get wear on any player.

this league is a dog eats dog league and even players on the same team are vying for the most prized commodity in the nba, which is playing time. i would bet my left nut that BI will be traded before the deadline, and my right nut that the lakers will try to "upsell" his potential to over inflate his value and thus the rest of the team will suffer.
lakers4sho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

Kuzma's play style can be effective with either the starters or the bench. You can plug him in anywhere and he'll find a way to contribute. I think they should use this opportunity to play around with the other guys and really pin down who needs to go (Randle, Nance, Clarkson)
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

kb24isback wrote:
it really doesn't matter who they start TBH, they need to find a rotation that will match up against other teams. right now the lakers simply dont have enough talent or moxy to play their own game, they are always behind the 8 ball.

as for BI, he knows and everyone else knows within the organization that Kuzma is the better player. there's no denying it, much like Eddie Jones was the man in LA and when KB8 came along, it was CYA.

last year BI was a project, but he probably outplayed Deng so aside from stiffer competition from other teams, there was no way to judge how far along BI has come. now that the Kuz is here and everyday he is schooling BI, the lakers have taken off the blinders and realize that they f%$%k up big time by not trading BI for Demarcus Cousins and that BI is not untouchable. its one thing to get beat up by allstars like KD, but to get whooped day in and day out by a late 1st rd that makes 1/4 of your salary can get wear on any player.

this league is a dog eats dog league and even players on the same team are vying for the most prized commodity in the nba, which is playing time. i would bet my left nut that BI will be traded before the deadline, and my right nut that the lakers will try to "upsell" his potential to over inflate his value and thus the rest of the team will suffer.

I think that not trading BI for Cousins was a good non move. And I demand to see photos.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

lakers4sho wrote:
Kuzma's play style can be effective with either the starters or the bench. You can plug him in anywhere and he'll find a way to contribute. I think they should use this opportunity to play around with the other guys and really pin down who needs to go (Randle, Nance, Clarkson)

Besides Lonzo, Kuzma is the only other untouchable this year. Everyone else is a possible asset.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kb24isback wrote:

I think that not trading BI for Cousins was a good non move

On the other hand I would immediately trade BI if some GM offered a non-headcase all-star or borderline all-star for BI.
LB2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
kb24isback wrote:

I think that not trading BI for Cousins was a good non move

On the other hand I would immediately trade BI if some GM offered a non-headcase all-star or borderline all-star for BI.

I would too but only if we are getting Lebron and PG next offseason. Otherwise, I'd rather let BI develop. It's obvious that he isn't going to be the 20 point guy this or next season, but I still like his potential to affect the game in so many ways.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

mans would bet HHHHWHAT???

oh no baybeh
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Deng was practicing with the starters today
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
lakers4sho wrote:

Besides Lonzo, Kuzma is the only other untouchable this year. Everyone else is a possible asset.

I would really be surprised if the FO viewed Kuzma as untouchable.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
lakers4sho wrote:

I would really be surprised if the FO viewed Kuzma as untouchable.

Until they establish a track record, my response to any idea of the FO is “it wouldn’t surprise me”.
KG24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
LB2 wrote:
I like these lineups

Lonzo
KCP
KUZ
Nance
Lopez

Caruso
Hart
Ingram
Randle
Bogut

Thats a great a starting lineup. The bench would be really solid with the ball in Randle and Caruso's hands.

It will be interesting to see Hart and Clarkson battle for the backup 2

Randle is playing much better than Nance, and should start.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Luke just doesn't have the balls to start Kuz. Brad Stevens had the cajones to start Tatum for the Celtics. I want to see a starting lineup of:

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle
Lopez
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Luke just doesn't have the balls to start Kuz. Brad Stevens had the cajones to start Tatum for the Celtics. I want to see a starting lineup of:

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle
Lopez

Yes, Luke is trying to win this season. If we had Tatum he would probably be starting.
Hellspawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

IF Hart gets a chance to prove himself reliable as a 3 and D (and effort) guy, and Ingram continues to want to play iso ball I would love to see this lineup to get some REAL floor spacing and give Lonzo the opportunity to be a go-to scoring threat:

Lonzo
KCP
Hart
Kuz
Lopez

And off the bench these guys would be able to feast more:

Caruso (seems more solid than Ennis at this point)
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle
choose a center, or Randle/Nance if you want to go small

Nance seems like he is still a huge liability on offense, and Randle has been playing very agressivley off the bench.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject:

kb24isback wrote:

"Every day he is schooling Ingram".. I don't watch all the practice footage, but where did you get this from?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Hellspawn wrote:
IF Hart gets a chance to prove himself reliable as a 3 and D (and effort) guy, and Ingram continues to want to play iso ball I would love to see this lineup to get some REAL floor spacing and give Lonzo the opportunity to be a go-to scoring threat:

Lonzo
KCP
Hart
Kuz
Lopez

And off the bench these guys would be able to feast more:

Caruso (seems more solid than Ennis at this point)
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle
choose a center, or Randle/Nance if you want to go small

Nance seems like he is still a huge liability on offense, and Randle has been playing very agressivley off the bench.

As of late Ingram hasn't been playing iso ball. Hart starts over Ingram.. lol. Interesting.
ricardoJPC
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject:

have you seen today's practice videos? Kuzma shot is just beautiful
DerekFisher24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle
Lopez

Yes, Luke is trying to win this season. If we had Tatum he would probably be starting.

The difference between Kuzma and Tatum right now is negligible and Kuzma actually might be slightly better.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle
Lopez

Have you reviewed Boston's roster? Besides Tatum their power forward depth is very average imo. The only alternative may be Marcus Morris but he may be injured and I believe normally plays SF.

While Kuz is older it appears Tatum has a more developed and stronger build. My concern with Kuz starting at PF is he would be worn down halfway through the season by the bigger / stronger PF's he would be matched up against.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject:

DerekFisher24 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle
Lopez

The difference between Kuzma and Tatum right now is negligible and Kuzma actually might be slightly better.

if we are talking about talent, ceiling and potential....I am not convinced it is negligible....I think Tatum is still a better prospect by a decent margin.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle
Lopez

Have you reviewed Boston's roster? Besides Tatum their power forward depth is very average imo. The only alternative may be Marcus Morris but he may be injured and I believe normally plays SF.

While Kuz is older it appears Tatum has a more developed and stronger build. My concern with Kuz starting at PF is he would be worn down halfway through the season by the bigger / stronger PF's he would be matched up against.

Tatum is listed @ 6'8" and 205 lbs.
Kuzma is listed @ 6'9" and 220 lbs., and appears thicker & more filled out than Tatum.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle
Lopez

Kuzma is listed @ 6'9" and 220 lbs., and appears thicker & more filled out than Tatum.

Kuzma's also had 3 additional years to grow.

Tatum is probably going to be bigger than Kuzma in 3 seasons.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle
Lopez

Kuzma's also had 3 additional years to grow.

Tatum is probably going to be bigger than Kuzma in 3 seasons.

not sure what that thought is based on...both have fairly average shoulder builds, and Tatum has a smaller waist/hip build....I do not see any reason or signs that Tatum would have a different build than Kuzma...if anything he is shorter and is slightly less broad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 28 of 38
Jump to: