Jeremy Lin suffers ruptured patellar tendon - Season Over
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
I feel a great disturbance in the internet, as if millions of nomadic forum sh_posters suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

http://www.jeremylin.net/

His hopes of being a starter are pretty much over. I see a Richard Jefferson like role for the rest of his career if he does return. I can't think of any seasons where he wasn't injured for a significant part of time. Looks like his Linsanity phase was the peak of his career.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject:

The dreadlocks must have put too much weight on his knees.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Thats a pretty bad landing, putting all your weight on one knee.

https://www.webmd.com/men/features/patellar-tendon-recovery#1

Sounds bad....if he is able to come back, he'll have a big victory already.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Reading up a bit more on patellar tendon injuries, and this is not good for Lin. He would've been better off with an ACL tear.

Sounds really bad....it could basically end his NBA career.
Even if he does come back, the injury will limit what he could do. He will never be the type of player he thought he could be by going to the Nets. Nets seeing how they paid good money and got almost nothing in return will definitely be moving on or if he decides to stay after his current contract is over will not be getting the same role as before.
At least he will has plenty of money in the bank to contemplate what to do in his post-NBA career.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Rek wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
This could be more bad karma for the Celtics. They gave up that Brooklyn first round pick to Cleveland to get Kyrie.

Off topic here, but, it could be bad karma for the whole league. If AD decides to pressure his way out of NOP, I could see Cleveland swinging for the fences with a package built around KLove + the pick or even the same parts they traded for (Crowder + IT + the pick) to bring in Davis. For sure, it's just speculation. But, have to think that AD will likely be looking to have some success sooner than later and it's not happening with his current team.

Starting five: LeBron-AD-Crowder-Wade-IT

Really hope something like that doesn't materialize.

The Pelicans have Davis locked up for three years so he doesn't have much ability to pressure them.

If they move anyone, it will be Cousins.

Probably not this season. However, this Kyrie fiasco over the summer may have changed the "trade him now or get nothing in return" dynamic for superstars from one remaining season on the contract to two remaining seasons.

Yeah this is the thing.. I'm well aware that Davis is under contract. But, do they really want another situation like PG13 or Cousins clearly wanting out because they're not happy? AD has said all the right things publicly - supporting the team's effort to build a winner yada yada. But, he knows for sure that they suck. He's not going to maintain that happy face much longer. So it really depends on how the Pelicans want to manage the situation if it starts to go that direction.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Reading up a bit more on patellar tendon injuries, and this is not good for Lin. He would've been better off with an ACL tear.

Yeah this is why I questioned if his career is essentially finished. Everything I've read sounds pretty bad. Plus, factor in his previous injuries. Not good at all.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject:

I'm starting to become pessimistic, given how much his game depends on his first step.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject:

I knew he got hurt I figured it was a torn ACL not a patellar tendon he was able to stand and all.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunate. I like Jeremy, I was sad to hear about this
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: