The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1137, 1138, 1139 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
What would be best for the team would be Randle playing starter minutes beside Lopez. Luke knows this and Randle certainly knows this.

Since him going to the bench isn't best for the team, hard to blame him for not getting on board with it.

This move isn't about what's best for the team today, it's about what the leadership thinks is best for the organization later. They have two other solid options at PF with less financial commitment. They have cap space. They don't want to pay Randle and muck that up.

But the organization is dishonest. Julius Randle is a straight up kind of guy, and the organization isn't being straight with him. He's finally realized it, and it's hit him like a ton of bricks.

He should be "professional." Yes. But he's also 22. Possibly the grown men and women running the organization (and coaching him) should stop being snakes.

alright rookie account

Regardless, he hasn't done anything in the NBA. Lance Stephenson is straight up and speaks his mind but straight up doesn't make you a good NBA player. It's a business and Randle doesn't have the credentials to control his own destiny. Loyalty is keeping Kobe Bryant and yet the "snake" part of it as you called it is letting Pau Gasol walk or trading Eddie Jones.

Hey man, I was so happy he made that jump shot yesterday but then he comes back with sloppy passes, horrible effort, and the worst screens i've seen from a guy now made of muscle. I wish youtube had a version of the past two games "lowlights." it's depressing man.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-paul-georges-agent-wants-l-a-to-keep-dangelo-russell-julius-randle/2017/06/20/

Are we sure the Lakers want PG13? LOL! They sure have a funny way of showing it. Russell, gone! Julius, alienated!

Aaron Mintz might be able to understand and accept the D'Lo trade because it may actually have been good for D'Lo to go to Brooklyn. But now Julius is unhappy too?

On top of Westbrook resigning, whatever chance the Lakers had for PG13 has been significantly reduced. Actually, with this Julius situation, I'm betting this ship has sailed.
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-paul-georges-agent-wants-l-a-to-keep-dangelo-russell-julius-randle/2017/06/20/

Are we sure the Lakers want PG13? LOL! They sure have a funny way of showing it. Russell, gone! Julius, alienated!

Aaron Mintz might be able to understand and accept the D'Lo trade because it may actually have been good for D'Lo to go to Brooklyn. But now Julius is unhappy too?

On top of Westbrook resigning, whatever chance the Lakers had for PG13 has been significantly reduced.

No one wanted to come here to play with DLO and now he gets to clear his name in a different city where he will eventually lose that snitch stigma.

Same agent or not,

No one is coming to the Lakers just to play with Julius Randle at the top of their list... period.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

HellCrowe wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

On top of Westbrook resigning, whatever chance the Lakers had for PG13 has been significantly reduced.

No one wanted to come here to play with DLO and now he gets to clear his name in a different city where he will eventually lose that snitch stigma.

Same agent or not,

No one is coming to the Lakers just to play with Julius Randle at the top of their list... period.

Of course. The point is all three of them are Mintz clients. He has their ears. You treat his clients well, he works harder in selling LA to PG13. I thought Mitch was the one who didn't know how to play these elbow rubbing games. LOL!
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Aike wrote:
Julius Randle is a straight up kind of guy, and the organization isn't being straight with him. He's finally realized it, and it's hit him like a ton of bricks.

In my opinion, Randle isn't being "straight up" with himself. He is an average NBA player but is convinced he should be a star. I have said it before. He won't be happy until he accepts his place (role player) in the NBA and on this team.

The majority of all NBA players have to face the reality that they aren't stars. The fact that Randle has been on such an atrocious team during his NBA career has skewed this natural process for him. Now that the Lakers talent level has risen, Randle is settling into his natural spot. It's tough to accept and I feel for him, but fighting it will only hurt his career.

He's better than a bench player on this Laker team (which still isn't very good).

If this were a playoff caliber team and he still wouldn't accept a bench role, I would feel differently. But he deserved an opportunity to prove himself playing beside a big who could stretch the floor, and a PG who could get him the ball in the right spots.

Had he been given that opportunity and failed to deliver, it's on him. But this has the feel of the Laker brass already having their minds made up, and not wanting to allow anything that might change the narrative.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

HellCrowe wrote:

No one wanted to come here to play with DLO and now he gets to

No max level free agent comes to play with an unproven kid period. But agents pay attention to how their clients are treated.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:

we know three things (though I'm sure you disagree with the first, advanced metrics make it pretty clear):

1)Nance outplayed Randle last year.

Stopped right there. Moving on.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
What would be best for the team would be Randle playing starter minutes beside Lopez. Luke knows this and Randle certainly knows this.

Since him going to the bench isn't best for the team, hard to blame him for not getting on board with it.

This move isn't about what's best for the team today, it's about what the leadership thinks is best for the organization later. They have two other solid options at PF with less financial commitment. They have cap space. They don't want to pay Randle and muck that up.

But the organization is dishonest. Julius Randle is a straight up kind of guy, and the organization isn't being straight with him. He's finally realized it, and it's hit him like a ton of bricks.

He should be "professional." Yes. But he's also 22. Possibly the grown men and women running the organization (and coaching him) should stop being snakes.

I just don't believe any coach or team executive would purposely hold back a player to diminish his value. That's pretty harsh and essentially you are questioning the character of Luke, Magic and Pelinka.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
You guys complain about Julius' defense and want to trade him for Frank Kaminsky? Really? Julius is a mix of Dennis Rodman and Kawhi Leonard defending compared to Kaminsky.

That dude wants a future first, too. No way. Kaminsky is a back-up center at best, which we have enough of.

The future first is going to the Lakers.
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Same agent or not,

Of course. The point is all three of them are Mintz clients. He has their ears. You treat his clients well, he works harder in selling LA to PG13. I thought Mitch was the one who didn't know how to play these elbow rubbing games. LOL!

Mind games just to play Randle with the first team isn't a good strategy especially if they feel he is better suited with the second.

I doubt it's "alienation" but using that word does prove your point. However, I believe it's more about not meshing with the first group as much as Nance.
Nance doesn't need touches where Randle does. At the same time it shows that they are more about the team chemistry and winning rather than to make everyone happy even as entitled as these players believe they are.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

HellCrowe wrote:
Aike wrote:

alright rookie account

Regardless, he hasn't done anything in the NBA. Lance Stephenson is straight up and speaks his mind but straight up doesn't make you a good NBA player. It's a business and Randle doesn't have the credentials to control his own destiny. Loyalty is keeping Kobe Bryant and yet the "snake" part of it as you called it is letting Pau Gasol walk or trading Eddie Jones.

Hey man, I was so happy he made that jump shot yesterday but then he comes back with sloppy passes, horrible effort, and the worst screens i've seen from a guy now made of muscle. I wish youtube had a version of the past two games "lowlights." it's depressing man.

You have 200 posts in 3 years but you're bagging on a rookie account? Kind of weird and pointless.

I don't think the Pau and Eddie Jones situations were anything like Randle's. The snake part is that he's in a contract year, has worked his tail off, finally has a big beside him to stretch the floor, and he isn't even getting a shot to show what he can do.

This "best for the team" stuff is ludicrous. This isn't a good team. Isn't going to be this year. Randle is easily one of the best players for this team now. If they really wanted to win as many games as possible, they would give him some run beside Lopez and Ball (and maybe sub Kuzma for Ingram).

No, it's just that a well-paid Randle isn't in their future plans. And they aren't going to let anything mess that up. And like I said, Randle is playing right into their hands by sulking about it. Hopefully he will buck up.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Randle could be a really good player for the lakers if he accepted his role. Defense, screens, finishing and rebounds that it.

None of that iso ish or bully ball. The moment he is up against a taller player, which will be almost always in the nba at his position, it’s a guaranteed offensive foul, block or travel.

If he accepts that role, he will be a stud.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Aike wrote:

I just don't believe any coach or team executive would purposely hold back a player to diminish his value. That's pretty harsh and essentially you are questioning the character of Luke, Magic and Pelinka.

They did the same thing with Russell, so I don't see what's so surprising. And I do question their character at this point. I haven't enjoyed the way they operate.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Aike wrote:

They did the same thing with Russell, so I don't see what's so surprising. And I do question their character at this point. I haven't enjoyed the way they operate.

Randle is not the most talented player nor is he the primary, secondary or third on this team, he needs to realize that and play to his strengths.
G_DawgLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

The problem with Randle is he was big and bad enough his whole life against smaller guys in HS or similar sized players in College, but in the NBA he's undersized and he tries to pull off moves like he's Shaq but he's a midget vs the NBA Bigs... he has no finesse or counter... unpolished / no foot work or post moves...
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

No one wanted to come here to play with DLO and now he gets to

No max level free agent comes to play with an unproven kid period. But agents pay attention to how their clients are treated.

I believe it depends on who the player is in regards to an agents influence on them. For someone like Lebron if he wants to be a Laker then no agent will have enough influence to change his mind. IMO the most influence would come from their family.
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
Aike wrote:

alright rookie account

You have 200 posts in 3 years but you're bagging on a rookie account? Kind of weird and pointless.

I don't think the Pau and Eddie Jones situations were anything like Randle's. The snake part is that he's in a contract year, has worked his tail off, finally has a big beside him to stretch the floor, and he isn't even getting a shot to show what he can do.

This "best for the team" stuff is ludicrous. This isn't a good team. Isn't going to be this year. Randle is easily one of the best players for this team now. If they really wanted to win as many games as possible, they would give him some run beside Lopez and Ball (and maybe sub Kuzma for Ingram).

No, it's just that a well-paid Randle isn't in their future plans. And they aren't going to let anything mess that up. And like I said, Randle is playing right into their hands by sulking about it. Hopefully he will buck up.

lol. I'm just saying man, 7 posts and possibly all for the Randle subject. Just a bit to similar of a tone as the other guy.

You are right though, best players for this team off the bench. He is the 1a or 1b with Clarkson as primary scorer. It's up to him to relish the opportunity with consistency and understand his limitations.

If the Lakers have Randle in their plans they would have given the starting job. He is not going to resign with us no matter what especially if he feels he can do better on some other team.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
Aike wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Aike wrote:

Randle is not the most talented player nor is he the primary, secondary or third on this team, he needs to realize that and play to his strengths.

I think you can easily argue him as top 3 right now. You may not agree, but it's a fair argument. Right now, today...Lopez, Randle, Ball?

Maybe you think Ingram is better (I don't). Kuzma? KCP? Nance?

Anyway, I think you could argue it a few different ways. But I don't think you can definitively say he isn't a top 3 player right now.

Which gets me back to are we playing to win now, or is this about the future?

My argument is that they see Randle as expendable. They are just getting warmed up with Ingram and he's still cheap.

So I don't at all buy that they are playing to win the most games right now. But it's a nice story.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

HellCrowe wrote:
Aike wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
Aike wrote:

alright rookie account

lol. I'm just saying man, 7 posts and possibly all for the Randle subject. Just a bit to similar of a tone as the other guy.

You are right though, best players for this team off the bench. He is the 1a or 1b with Clarkson as primary scorer. It's up to him to relish the opportunity with consistency and understand his limitations.

If the Lakers have Randle in their plans they would have given the starting job. He is not going to resign with us no matter what especially if he feels he can do better on some other team.

Big planet and millions of Laker fans on it. Some of us are bound to share opinions.
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
Aike wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Aike wrote:

I think you can easily argue him as top 3 right now. You may not agree, but it's a fair argument. Right now, today...Lopez, Randle, Ball?

Maybe you think Ingram is better (I don't). Kuzma? KCP? Nance?

Anyway, I think you could argue it a few different ways. But I don't think you can definitively say he isn't a top 3 player right now.

Which gets me back to are we playing to win now, or is this about the future?

My argument is that they see Randle as expendable. They are just getting warmed up with Ingram and he's still cheap.

So I don't at all buy that they are playing to win the most games right now. But it's a nice story.

2k has them 1 point off one another and 2k doesn't lie. all joking aside...

Ingram's ceiling for a barely 20 year old is way higher than Randle who has shown much of the same since his first healthy year and actually regressed last year. We like him to be like Draymond or even a Draymond lite but Nance fulfills that spot a lot better than the more talented Randle.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

G_DawgLA wrote:
The problem with Randle is he was big and bad enough his whole life against smaller guys in HS or similar sized players in College, but in the NBA he's undersized and he tries to pull off moves like he's Shaq but he's a midget vs the NBA Bigs... he has no finesse or counter... unpolished / no foot work or post moves...

I have a similar opinion of Randle but hopefully his improved mid-range game mitigates these issues. My primary concern is his lack of defensive court awareness which impacts team defense.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
You treat his clients well, he works harder in selling LA to PG13.

Not sure PG needs any selling on LA from anyone.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
You treat his clients well, he works harder in selling LA to PG13.

Not sure PG needs any selling on LA from anyone.

I get what Runway is saying here though. They did Russell bad and that is certainly not going to make his agent happy. If Randle continues to play light minutes it's going to hurt his and his agents earning potential this summer, and I doubt he'd be trying to steer his clients to the Lakers. Agents certainly have some influence over their clients. It doesn't mean that would prevent George from coming here, but it does mean he might have a voice in his ear pushing other scenarios.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
Randle could be a really good player for the lakers if he accepted his role. Defense, screens, finishing and rebounds that it.

None of that iso ish or bully ball. The moment he is up against a taller player, which will be almost always in the nba at his position, it’s a guaranteed offensive foul, block or travel.

What you point out is exactly why Nance is a better fit than Randle for this team. However, that doesn't mean Nance is a better player, he is just a better fit. What makes Randle unique, is his strength, speed and dribbling skill at PF level. There is a reason why Luke tried to use Randle as our Draymond Green last season. I am not saying he has the basketball IQ to be that facilitator but he has the skill.

I think what we need to decide is whether Randle should be treated as a future plan. If he is, Luke needs to find a way to fit Randle into the starting lineup. If we just need a role player, we are wasting Randle's skill set and we can just give up on him.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:

The problem is dude, they haven't even tried giving Randle that role next to Lopez. They haven't even given the opportunity to get the same kind of looks that Nance gets. They threw him with the bench lineup and essentially have told him to now do the opposite.

When Randle's out there with Lonzo, the rare occasion Luke does that.. he gets similar kind of looks and gets his buckets easy and seems to fit the role quite well. But Luke pulls any chance of that happening real quickly and Randle has to play with the bench which he was put on to play as it's primary scorer next to JC. Not as it's "Defense, screens, finishing and rebounds" lesser role guy.

So you can't exactly say "if Randle could just accept his role"

How!?!?!

You say you want him to accept the role of "Defense, screens, finishing and rebounds" but the problem is when Luke threw him on the bench he did it essentially trying to make his role that of a guy who tries to get all his offense with the bench unit like Clarkson. If Randle plays like a "Defense, screens, finishing and rebounds" guy with the bench then it's not going to do much for him or the bench because the bench unit is used as primarily for selfish play and scoring and it ain't exactly a "just fit in" group.

Luke doesn't even know if Randle would "just fit in" with the starting lineup next to Lopez cause he benched him the moment Lopez came back.

So it really tickles me how people say Randle should just "accept his role as a role player" when the reality is Luke moved him to the bench to tell him to essentially be one of it's main scorers along with JC. So sorry, he can't exactly be the "Defense, screens, finishing and rebounds" on the bench next to Bogut the same way he could be the "Defense, screens, finishing and rebounds" with the starting lineup next to Lopez.

Again, cause an effect. People AND Luke need to actually think about that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1137, 1138, 1139 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1138 of 1536
Jump to: