Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

lakerfan2012 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

He's the playmaker, he played decent D down the stretch,

not to pile on....but he played horrible defense all night...especially down the stretch....but we know he is terrible on defense....so that is on Luke for putting him in during a period where our defense was winning us the game.

He did, but not during the crunch time where the Pelicans made great shots and we went cold. Law of averages caught up with us... and it's as irrational to think that Ball will always be cold, as it is that Clarkson and Randle will always be that hot. We fought hard, Kuzma continues to surprise, and I leave the game with a positive feeling at least.

Yeah people saying that he was giving up threes. The ones that I saw were very well contested and when I saw the Pelicans make it, I told myself that you just have to live with those. Am I missing a play or something?

The kid gets 13 dimes... and people are moaning... how many years in the desert have we spent waiting for this player that should have easily had 15 to 17 assists with a more competent team?

If it were so easy... DLO, Fisher, Lin, would have been doing it all the time... but they didn't and he did.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Ball didn't cause them to lose this game, they just went cold.

Look at this way, our rookie with three games under his belt had a bad game and he still had more assists than any of our guards have had in years, and he should have way more if our players could shoot.

He definitely lost us the game. If he wants to be our leader he sure better accept when a loss is on him. Getting blocked on a forced drive, giving up a three, shooting terrible bricks, slowing our offense, stopping our dribble penetration etc...

I would definitely say the main reason we lost the game is because is because the Lakers let the Pelicans get a 20+ point lead on them and then went cold after they fought back.

For most of that duration Clarkson wasn't at the point guard either.

You're trying to pin the loss on Lonzo when the team as a whole was terrible and/or struggled.

We looked pretty good down the stretch with Clarkson at point if you ask me.

So you're going to blame Lonzo for other players on our team missing open shots and Moore hitting a ridiculous well defended 3?

I blaming him for the bad drive, bricked open three, giving up a three. I blame Luke for taking the ball out of Clarksons hands.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lonzo 0/5 3-point range and -24. Why on earth did you put him in to finish the game? If he can't shoot then guys aren't gonna leave their guys open for him to pass and dare him to shoot instead. He can't run the offense if his shots aren't falling. Should have gone with the hot hand in JC and ride JC/Hart to the finish.

It's not just a loss. It's a close loss that was very winnable. And it was poor substitution by the coach that caused the loss.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

Guys Moore went 8-9 FG for the game and made ridiculous shots in the 4th.

We win this game otherwise. It's ok. It was a good game. We'll bounce back.
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

Sentient Meat wrote:
lakerfan2012 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

not to pile on....but he played horrible defense all night...especially down the stretch....but we know he is terrible on defense....so that is on Luke for putting him in during a period where our defense was winning us the game.

He did, but not during the crunch time where the Pelicans made great shots and we went cold. Law of averages caught up with us... and it's as irrational to think that Ball will always be cold, as it is that Clarkson and Randle will always be that hot. We fought hard, Kuzma continues to surprise, and I leave the game with a positive feeling at least.

Yeah people saying that he was giving up threes. The ones that I saw were very well contested and when I saw the Pelicans make it, I told myself that you just have to live with those. Am I missing a play or something?

The kid gets 13 dimes... and people are moaning... how many years in the desert have we spent waiting for this player that should have easily had 15 to 17 assists with a more competent team?

If it were so easy... DLO, Fisher, Lin, would have been doing it all the time... but they didn't and he did.

Kendall Marshall
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
I really really liked our small ball lineups. Plus, if that kind of lineup can succeed against a team like the Pelicans (with two bigs like Cousins + Davis) I think it can succeed against most teams in the league.

Pelicans are another team that looks like they will fire their coach soon. If they can compete against the likes of Spurs, Jazz, Nuggets, ok you got a point.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

Sentient Meat wrote:
lakerfan2012 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

None of those guys are ball dominant pass first players lol.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

repandpresent wrote:
Great loss!

I mean, that hustle and grit from the second unit.

KCP! I'll say it again, easily the best defender we had in years!

There is a scrap in this team that I haven't seen in years. Not even the Kobe and Shaq days.

Randle decided to man up and ball out! He did great when he was on the floor.

It's only been three games so far but the biggest change I see is that, off the rebound, the bigs are really looking for a guard to hand off too. It just creates continuity of the flow and spacing.

Last year you had, Randle, Ingram and Nance pushing the ball up at times. Unless everyone is on the same page at all times, that just creates confusion.

I like the way this team is figuring things out, from the coaching to the players.

Jordan needs to be our backup PG and let Brewer or Hart be our backup SG

Just no more Caruso or Ennis. They aren't NBA quality at all.

Lopez/Bogut
Nance/Randle
Ingram/Kuzma
KCP/Brewer or Hart
Ball/Clarkson
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Look at this way, our rookie with three games under his belt had a bad game and he still had more assists than any of our guards have had in years, and he should have way more if our players could shoot.

He definitely lost us the game. If he wants to be our leader he sure better accept when a loss is on him. Getting blocked on a forced drive, giving up a three, shooting terrible bricks, slowing our offense, stopping our dribble penetration etc...

I would definitely say the main reason we lost the game is because is because the Lakers let the Pelicans get a 20+ point lead on them and then went cold after they fought back.

You're trying to pin the loss on Lonzo when the team as a whole was terrible and/or struggled.

So you're going to blame Lonzo for other players on our team missing open shots and Moore hitting a ridiculous well defended 3?

no reason to harp on his defense....he is not a good defender as a rookie...but trying to point to a 3 pointer seems like deflection...he got beat off the dribble all night, which was usually the initial breakdown in the defense....help would come, then passes were made....there is a reason he was -24 on the night.....our defense broke down when he was on the court because he was unable to stay in front of his man
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

lakerfan2012 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Fracture wrote:
People really blaming Zo? When he came back in he set up Randle beautifully. They went cold, they gassed out.

So did Clarkson. The problem is he also forced a drive and got blocked, tossed up an ugly wide open brick, gave up a three and killed our dribble penetration.

Everyone bricked some open shots, including JC and Kuzma, and JC also lost his dribble and turned it over down the stretch. EVERYONE went cold and made mistakes, not just Lonzo. This loss isn't on him. He could have played better for sure, but to pin this entire loss on him is just not right.

Lonzo shot 3-13 including 0-5 from the 3 pt line. He also had 5 turnovers. If he had played like we think he will in a couple of years, the Lakers probably win this game. Right now, though, the kid is a very young rookie. We need to give him room to learn his craft.

--Anonymous
lakerfan2012
Star Player
Star Player

kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I blaming him for the bad drive, bricked open three, giving up a three. I blame Luke for taking the ball out of Clarksons hands.

EVERYONE made mistakes and missed wide open shots down the stretch, not just Lonzo, but you're only blaming him for his mistakes, which I don't understand. JC bricked open 3's and turned it over in crunch time too. Not taking away how awesome he played today, but it's wrong to blame everything on one player which you're doing
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

Megaton wrote:

Ball 0/5 on threes, other wise we win this game.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I'm not saying Lonzo is blameless, because he's not, but it's not solely on him.

Also, Lonzo was draped all over Moore when he hit that three lol.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

kobeandgary wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakerfan2012 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

None of those guys are ball dominant pass first players lol.

Russell was supposed to be

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

Bad starting lineups = Bad starts
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject:

We stop pushing the ball, game over
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Down the strech, they missed three wide open 3s by Hart, Kuz, and Lonzo, plus KCP missed a wide open 10 footer. That's not anyone's fault in particular, that's losing as a team. There were still a lot of positive things from this one that we can take into the next game though.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

anth2000 wrote:
I am happy about the fight.

That is all I ask.

Honestly, play hard and with effort and good things are coming. This game was way better than 95% of the losses last season.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

lakerfan2012 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

EVERYONE made mistakes and missed wide open shots down the stretch, not just Lonzo, but you're only blaming him for his mistakes, which I don't understand. JC bricked open 3's and turned it over in crunch time too. Not taking away how awesome he played today, but it's wrong to blame everything on one player which you're doing

Clarkson was playing above himself, lonzo was playing awful for anybody's standards.
lakerfan2012
Star Player
Star Player

socalsp3 wrote:
Bad starting lineups = Bad starts

Agreed. Gotta get Kuz in that starting lineup
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
Down the strech, they missed three wide open 3s by Hart, Kuz, and Lonzo, plus KCP missed a wide open 10 footer. That's not anyone's fault in particular, that's losing as a team. There were still a lot of positive things from this one that we can take into the next game though.

That's called dieing by the three and not getting dribble penetration.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakerLanny wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
I am happy about the fight.

That is all I ask.

Honestly, play hard and with effort and good things are coming. This game was way better than 95% of the losses last season.

True - at the least it ended up being a very watchable game in the second half.
lakerfan2012
Star Player
Star Player

kobeandgary wrote:
lakerfan2012 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Clarkson was playing above himself, lonzo was playing awful for anybody's standards.

For sure, Clarkson played awesome tonight. I didn't say he didn't play well. But he also missed crucial shots and had a big turnover late. Lonzo didn't have his best night, but he's not the reason we lost that game
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I'm not saying Lonzo is blameless, because he's not, but it's not solely on him.

Also, Lonzo was draped all over Moore when he hit that three lol.

The guy pulled straight up, that's not draped over, it's a late close out.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Good to see you guys in positive spirits
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 65 of 67
Jump to: