adkindo wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Practice wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Ball didn't cause them to lose this game, they just went cold.

Look at this way, our rookie with three games under his belt had a bad game and he still had more assists than any of our guards have had in years, and he should have way more if our players could shoot.

He definitely lost us the game. If he wants to be our leader he sure better accept when a loss is on him. Getting blocked on a forced drive, giving up a three, shooting terrible bricks, slowing our offense, stopping our dribble penetration etc...

I would definitely say the main reason we lost the game is because is because the Lakers let the Pelicans get a 20+ point lead on them and then went cold after they fought back.

For most of that duration Clarkson wasn't at the point guard either.

You're trying to pin the loss on Lonzo when the team as a whole was terrible and/or struggled.

We looked pretty good down the stretch with Clarkson at point if you ask me.

So you're going to blame Lonzo for other players on our team missing open shots and Moore hitting a ridiculous well defended 3?

no reason to harp on his defense....he is not a good defender as a rookie...but trying to point to a 3 pointer seems like deflection...he got beat off the dribble all night, which was usually the initial breakdown in the defense....help would come, then passes were made....there is a reason he was -24 on the night.....our defense broke down when he was on the court because he was unable to stay in front of his man

How am I deflecting? He was talking about Lozno's play during the final stretch of the game and specially mentioned the three pointer.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Guys Moore went 8-9 FG for the game and made ridiculous shots in the 4th.

We win this game otherwise. It's ok. It was a good game. We'll bounce back.

I think the defense really needs to tighten up. Other than a few bailout shots Moore made toward the end and Jameer's long 3 after hesitating, the Lakers were getting away with giving up wide open looks. The Pelicans were swinging the ball and bricking wide open shots that allowed the Lakers to erase that deficit so quickly.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson was playing above himself, lonzo was playing awful for anybody's standards.[/quote]

For sure, Clarkson played awesome tonight. I didn't say he didn't play well. But he also missed crucial shots and had a big turnover late. Lonzo didn't have his best night, but he's not the reason we lost that game[/quote]

Clarkson got the ball in a bad situation late in the clock. When he was bringing it up and running the offense we were rolling.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

diando wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakerfan2012 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

He's the playmaker, he played decent D down the stretch,

not to pile on....but he played horrible defense all night...especially down the stretch....but we know he is terrible on defense....so that is on Luke for putting him in during a period where our defense was winning us the game.

He did, but not during the crunch time where the Pelicans made great shots and we went cold. Law of averages caught up with us... and it's as irrational to think that Ball will always be cold, as it is that Clarkson and Randle will always be that hot. We fought hard, Kuzma continues to surprise, and I leave the game with a positive feeling at least.

Yeah people saying that he was giving up threes. The ones that I saw were very well contested and when I saw the Pelicans make it, I told myself that you just have to live with those. Am I missing a play or something?

The kid gets 13 dimes... and people are moaning... how many years in the desert have we spent waiting for this player that should have easily had 15 to 17 assists with a more competent team?

If it were so easy... DLO, Fisher, Lin, would have been doing it all the time... but they didn't and he did.

None of those guys are ball dominant pass first players lol.

Russell was supposed to be

No he wasn't. Whoever said that never watched him play a minute in college or high school.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

TrekLife wrote:
Candle has been upgraded to Randle in the 2nd half.

Candle lit up
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
repandpresent wrote:
Great loss!

I mean, that hustle and grit from the second unit.

KCP! I'll say it again, easily the best defender we had in years!

There is a scrap in this team that I haven't seen in years. Not even the Kobe and Shaq days.

Randle decided to man up and ball out! He did great when he was on the floor.

It's only been three games so far but the biggest change I see is that, off the rebound, the bigs are really looking for a guard to hand off too. It just creates continuity of the flow and spacing.

Last year you had, Randle, Ingram and Nance pushing the ball up at times. Unless everyone is on the same page at all times, that just creates confusion.

I like the way this team is figuring things out, from the coaching to the players.

Jordan needs to be our backup PG and let Brewer or Hart be our backup SG

Just no more Caruso or Ennis. They aren't NBA quality at all.

Lopez/Bogut
Nance/Randle
Ingram/Kuzma
KCP/Brewer or Hart
Ball/Clarkson

Agree about Ennis, but Caruso is a decent player. Having him in there without giving him the green light to shoot is as stupid as having Kerr or Korver out there with the same restriction. His main ability is shooting, and on a team that's lacking that, I don't get why Luke doesn't let him.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Hart and Pope on the wings gives the Lakers the best mix of shooting, physical defense, and toughness. I'd love to see them on the floor together on wings.
Rhazz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo has a lot of obvious flaws in his game. He plays lazy D and shoots really poorly. He did have a lot of assists but so did Kendall Marshall. Why is everyone so willing to overlook obvious flaws in Lonzo and Ingram? Do I think Lonzo can be great? Of course. But to say he's automatically the future of the franchise is ludicrous.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Rhazz wrote:
Lonzo has a lot of obvious flaws in his game. He plays lazy D and shoots really poorly. He did have a lot of assists but so did Kendall Marshall. Why is everyone so willing to overlook obvious flaws in Lonzo and Ingram? Do I think Lonzo can be great? Of course. But to say he's automatically the future of the franchise is ludicrous.

Ball shot 55% at UCLA... it's not crazy to think he'll be able to shoot at the pro level, especially as he's getting wide open looks. It's mental why he's missing.
TomSeaver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject:

We better not see that clown Walton play Ennis more than Hart anymore this season
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Rhazz wrote:

Ball shot 55% at UCLA... it's not crazy to think he'll be able to shoot at the pro level, especially as he's getting wide open looks. It's mental why he's missing.

Dude just came off a 50% shooting game from 3 one game ago. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Rhazz wrote:

I have never went out and mentally missed a shot. He's bothered by the level of defense he is facing and deeper three, plain and simple. He absolutely can adjust to this, we will just have to wait and see if he does.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Rhazz wrote:

Dude just came off a 50% shooting game from 3 one game ago. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt.

In a game of zero defense.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Rhazz wrote:

I see him more like a traditional point guard, not a scoring point guard like a Westbrook or Harden. I don't think his shooting is an issue if he is used that way and primarily distributes the ball and shoots open shots.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Rhazz wrote:

he scored 29 on 27 shots and was 12 of 27....not awful but nothing worth celebrating shooting wise.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Rhazz wrote:

I see him more like a traditional point guard, not a scoring point guard like a Westbrook or Harden. I don't think his shooting is an issue if he is used that way and primarily distributes the ball and shoots open shots.

The problem is like Russell he struggles to get by his man and get in the paint, which causes him to dish to the perimeter constantly.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
Down the strech, they missed three wide open 3s by Hart, Kuz, and Lonzo, plus KCP missed a wide open 10 footer. That's not anyone's fault in particular, that's losing as a team. There were still a lot of positive things from this one that we can take into the next game though.

That's called dieing by the three and not getting dribble penetration.

Uhh... No, that's called nba players missing wide open shots which they should have made. If one of those 3s and the ten footer go down, no one's talking about Lonzo losing the game.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Rhazz wrote:

he scored 29 on 27 shots and was 12 of 27....not awful but nothing worth celebrating shooting wise.

44%... as good as Kobe averaged for his entire career and 4% more than Jason Kidd did.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject:

I don't want to jinx it but so far it's good that the team is now relatively healthy...

Imagine if we were in the same shoe as Celtic fans, here is a list of players going down:

Hayward
Lin
Scheodor
Jonas Valacuinas
Teodosic.

If we can stay healthy and perhaps some WC teams kinda slide down due to injuries I like our chances of at least competing for a bottom playoff spot.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I hope we can develop an offensive scheme where there isn't as much focus on just one PG touching the ball on every possession. It's hard to think of many great teams in the last decade that are built that way. If there is a scheme where 2 or 3 guys might initiate the offense, then teams don't know where the pass or the shot is coming from next.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
Why didn't Luke stay with the group that got them there. I don't understand why ball came back in.

Because he's their point guard and the one they should be counting on for those situations.

Always roll with the hot hand. JC at point is not ideal, but tonight it was working.

Hindsight is 20/20. If Clarkson cools off which he probably would have, everyone would be wondering why Lonzo was on the bench.

if pigs have wings they could fly... there is only one way to find out... not pull Clarkson out.

Walton coached to lose.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
Why didn't Luke stay with the group that got them there. I don't understand why ball came back in.

Because he's their point guard and the one they should be counting on for those situations.

Always roll with the hot hand. JC at point is not ideal, but tonight it was working.

Hindsight is 20/20. If Clarkson cools off which he probably would have, everyone would be wondering why Lonzo was on the bench.

if pigs have wings they could fly... there is only one way to find out... not pull Clarkson out.

Walton coached to lose.

Well first of all I don't remember Clarkson being pulled out. If he was, it must have been for a short time because it seemed like he played the whole fourth quarter. Second, I don't agree with the idea of trying to just ride whatever is hot until it crashes. Coaching that way means youll never have consistent rotations and you'll often have your best players on the bench in favor of players who are less experienced.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Anyone else noticing that Luke has no clue how to utilize a center like Lopez?

ala MDA with Dwight & Pau....I think Luke will figure it out or listen to others though ...
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Clarkson was playing above himself, lonzo was playing awful for anybody's standards.

For sure, Clarkson played awesome tonight. I didn't say he didn't play well. But he also missed crucial shots and had a big turnover late. Lonzo didn't have his best night, but he's not the reason we lost that game[/quote]

Clarkson got the ball in a bad situation late in the clock. When he was bringing it up and running the offense we were rolling.[/quote]

Lonzo is a rookie and will have good & bad days. Some think he's was going
to be great from day 1, he's a rookie and will do rookie play. Some have labeled him "all star" without him getting his feet wet. Dial back in after mid-season, maybe he'll have an understanding of what is needed night in & night out; for now just enjoy or not his transition...

JC is a hot and cold player the trick is to ride him when he's hot...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject:

The team made a monster comeback. I stopped posting in the thread, anti jinx. It almost worked. The Lakers were the first team to 100, dem damn Pelicans BROKE DA LAW!!!

The team is young, they have to learn to close. They're young, have yet to develop a chemistry, find a go to end game. It was a good game. It's what Magic said, we're going to be exciting.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 66 of 67
Jump to: