Blade Runner (original)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Blade Runner (original)

I saw 2049 and was fairly confused the entire time. Which version of the first film should I see? I plan to go back and rewatch 2049 in theatres after watching the first one.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Blade Runner (original)

BigBallerBrand wrote:
I saw 2049 and was fairly confused the entire time. Which version of the first film should I see? I plan to go back and rewatch 2049 in theatres after watching the first one.

I think there's like 7 or 8 cuts out there, but I only know of the original US theatrical cut and the final cut.

The theatrical cut has inner monologue voiceovers (think classic noir films). Whereas, the final cut removes those completely. Some people like the voiceovers, and some find it cheesy. The final cut is the most "modern looking" one, with touched up colors and filters. There's also a particular unicorn scene in the final cut, absent in the theatrical cut.

I don't know what most fans consider to be the "definitive" version. So I'm not really sure which one to recommend. I would probably say the original is easier to understand because the final cut omits some stuff.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Personally I really like the international cut.

However, most prefer the Final Cut version, which is the most recent version. I reckon it's the closest to fulfilling Ridley Scott's vision for the movie. I believe most of the voiceovers on previous versions were added by the studio without Scott's consent. Though personally I never had much of an issue with them.
Magic Ball
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Watch all of them, if for no other reason than getting to ogle a prime Sean Young.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
Personally I really like the international cut.

However, most prefer the Final Cut version, which is the most recent version. I reckon it's the closest to fulfilling Ridley Scott's vision for the movie. I believe most of the voiceovers on previous versions were added by the studio without Scott's consent. Though personally I never had much of an issue with them.

Actually really liked the noir voiceovers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: