2017 Fantasy Football Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
Background on my team. It's a 2 RB league, and I currently have AP, Rex Burkhead, Danny Woodhead and Hunt.

Been offered the following trade, would you take it

Give up
Hunt
Larry Fitz

Get
Tyreek Hill
Doug Martin
Jerick McKinnon

I may want to try and get Kamara over but not sure. I've got good depth at WR, so losing Fitz isn't a major loss. Thoughts?
I like Doug, but I feel like Tyreek is super reliant on big plays. hes definitely trying to sell high. Jerrick isnt bad either but you gotta wonder what kind of impact Lataviu's performance from last week will have on Jerrick.. are they going to share it evenly? I mean fitz is going to suffer because of carson so really its hunt for doug, hill and Jerick.

idk tbh. i wouldn't do it cause i got a mancrush on Hunt lol. but thats not a bad haul for hunt. if i'm trading hunt, i better get a top 5 talent back like a mike evans. i dont want multiple pieces.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
Background on my team. It's a 2 RB league, and I currently have AP, Rex Burkhead, Danny Woodhead and Hunt.

Give up
Hunt
Larry Fitz

Get
Tyreek Hill
Doug Martin
Jerick McKinnon

I may want to try and get Kamara over but not sure. I've got good depth at WR, so losing Fitz isn't a major loss. Thoughts?

Hell no. You'd lose your only rosterable RB.

Sell high on AP now. Move Fitz+AP for Hill and Martin.

If I had Fitz in any league, and I don't, but if I did, I would love to move him NOW before his inevitable second half fall off.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Huskers wrote:

Give up
Hunt
Larry Fitz

Get
Tyreek Hill
Doug Martin
Jerick McKinnon

If I had Fitz in any league, and I don't, but if I did, I would love to move him NOW before his inevitable second half fall off.

I don’t think any semi-knowledgeable owner would trade away Martin and Tyreek for Fitz and AP.

Fitz is a WR3/4 without Palmer, and AP is a MASSIVE question mark if he’s on a bad team and can’t rack up 20 carries with the lead. Meanwhile Martin has looked really good (granted his numbers haven’t been huge), and Hill, while reliant on big plays, has actually been pretty consistently good.

As far as OP’s original trade, I don’t think that’s enough for Hunt. I still have him in the same category as Bell where it would really take a king’s ransom to get him via trade, and I don’t think that package quite qualifies.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Have my own trade question.

Trade Away: Le’Veon Bell and Keenan Allen
Receive: Dak Prescott and Melvin Gordon

It’s a standard 2QB league, and I had been starting Carson Palmer (along with Wentz). I’m now stuck with freaking Brett Hundley as my QB2, and the WW is ridiculously thin (only Brissett, Beathard, Moore, and Trubisky are the only starting Qb’s left).

The rest of my team looks like:
Wentz, Hundley
Zeke, Bell, DeMarco, DMC, Darkwa
Allen, Fitz, Thielan, Parker, Shepard
Brate

Really worried about WR depth if I trade Allen, but man I need a WR. Should I do this, or perhaps try and flip Darkwa or Shepard/Parker for a guy like McCown or Rivers or Dalton? Currently 5-2 FWIW
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Huskers wrote:

Give up
Hunt
Larry Fitz

Get
Tyreek Hill
Doug Martin
Jerick McKinnon

I don’t think any semi-knowledgeable owner would trade away Martin and Tyreek for Fitz and AP.

Fitz is a WR3/4 without Palmer, and AP is a MASSIVE question mark if he’s on a bad team and can’t rack up 20 carries with the lead. Meanwhile Martin has looked really good (granted his numbers haven’t been huge), and Hill, while reliant on big plays, has actually been pretty consistently good.

As far as OP’s original trade, I don’t think that’s enough for Hunt. I still have him in the same category as Bell where it would really take a king’s ransom to get him via trade, and I don’t think that package quite qualifies.

Shoot. I forgot Palmer is out. That kills Fitz's value. I told my buddy to trade AP after that big game and he's like naww, I'll ride it out. Ugh.

But Doug Martin is a great buy low candidate IMO. He's playing well, but it's not translating to fantasy numbers but it's a matter of time until it does.

I agree with you. Hunt is his only workhorse back. Why trade that for what you're getting back? Doesn't seem like it makes much sense to me.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:

It’s a standard 2QB league, and I had been starting Carson Palmer (along with Wentz). I’m now stuck with freaking Brett Hundley as my QB2, and the WW is ridiculously thin (only Brissett, Beathard, Moore, and Trubisky are the only starting Qb’s left).

Wentz, Hundley
Brate

Really worried about WR depth if I trade Allen, but man I need a WR. Should I do this, or perhaps try and flip Darkwa or Shepard/Parker for a guy like McCown or Rivers or Dalton? Currently 5-2 FWIW

I would try to get Rivers and not have to give up Le'Veon, who has kicked it into high gear. Rivers' schedule has been absolutely brutal so far, yet he hasn't fallen on his face. He has a nice matchup this week against the Pats, then a bye, and then a terrible matchup in Week 10 against the Jags. But from Week 11 on, I think he will produce nicely. I actually flipped TY Hilton for Rivers in my only 2 QB league (I had Rodgers, Alex Smith, and Tyrod Taylor), and feel fine about it. If you could acquire Rivers now, you could play him this week, and then give Hundley another shot in Weeks 9-10 before going to Rivers for the rest of the year. I still think Hundley has some upside, more than what's on your waiver wire.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Wentz, Hundley
Brate

I would try to get Rivers and not have to give up Le'Veon, who has kicked it into high gear. Rivers' schedule has been absolutely brutal so far, yet he hasn't fallen on his face. He has a nice matchup this week against the Pats, then a bye, and then a terrible matchup in Week 10 against the Jags. But from Week 11 on, I think he will produce nicely. I actually flipped TY Hilton for Rivers in my only 2 QB league (I had Rodgers, Alex Smith, and Tyrod Taylor), and feel fine about it. If you could acquire Rivers now, you could play him this week, and then give Hundley another shot in Weeks 9-10 before going to Rivers for the rest of the year. I still think Hundley has some upside, more than what's on your waiver wire.

Thanks CS. That’s more or less my thinking too, just wanted another opinion.i know I just said in my last post that it would take a kings ransom to get Bell, so me considering this is a bit hypocritical, but I’m just so desperate for another QB haha.

But yeah, I think I’ll try for Rivers. Luckily he happens to be on my gf’s team, so I should be able to figure a way to get him.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

Having a hard time deciding..would you guys start Jay Ajayi @ Bal or Crabtree @ Buf? I got Alvin Kamara too but Ajayi and Crabtree are probably ahead of him..

something else i thought about is benching Hunt against Denver and starting Ajayi instead, then I can flex Crabtree. But its Hunt..
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

Start Hunt. His floor is what 11 points in standard scoring? That's comfy. Ajay is hit or miss. Crabtree is rock solid and going against a rookie CB. I'd go Hunt and Crabtree.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

Watson or Carr at QB this week? Watson has been such a stud but hes going against Seattle...
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
Start Hunt. His floor is what 11 points in standard scoring? That's comfy. Ajay is hit or miss. Crabtree is rock solid and going against a rookie CB. I'd go Hunt and Crabtree.

I mean, Tre White has been fantastic, and has a good shot at DROY. I wouldn't dismiss that matchup as an easy one for Crabtree so quickly.

If it's standard I'd probably go Ajayi (but its close), PPR I like Crabtree for sure.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Nevermind I agree with AY2043 now. Just looked it up, Baltimore is last against the run this year in yrd/game. Fire up Ajayi
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject:

Boy what a game last night. Glad I switched Ajayi out for Crabtree last minute.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
Watson or Carr at QB this week? Watson has been such a stud but hes going against Seattle...
I'd be hesitant to play Watson against Seattle. Also, seeing what Jameis did to Buffalo last week on a bad shoulder makes me feel good about Carr
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
I'd be hesitant to play Watson against Seattle. Also, seeing what Jameis did to Buffalo last week on a bad shoulder makes me feel good about Carr

I think Carr's floor is lower though. He's been awful on the road.

For me, it would determine who I am playing. If I'm a big underdog, I play Carr and go for the upside you talked about.

But if I need 15 points to secure a win, I'd go Watson. He runs enough to get a passing TD head start on most QBs.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

For me, it would determine who I am playing. If I'm a big underdog, I play Carr and go for the upside you talked about.

But if I need 15 points to secure a win, I'd go Watson. He runs enough to get a passing TD head start on most QBs.

I have to say Carr here. I think Buffalo's pass defense is a bit overrated anyway, but now CB EJ Gaines is out. That's going to help the Raiders.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
Nevermind I agree with AY2043 now. Just looked it up, Baltimore is last against the run this year in yrd/game. Fire up Ajayi

Whoops
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

I have to say Carr here. I think Buffalo's pass defense is a bit overrated anyway, but now CB EJ Gaines is out. That's going to help the Raiders.

If it wasn't for last week, you wouldn't be saying that given he had been coming off 3 consecutive single-digit fantasy performance (4 if you count the game he was out but that wouldn't be fair).

I don't think Carr is a bad play, but I think he comes with risk. I think his ceiling this week is higher than Watson's, but I think his floor is lower.

Outside of last week's barnburner, he hadn't posted a double digit fantasy outing since mid-September.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

If it wasn't for last week, you wouldn't be saying that given he had been coming off 3 consecutive single-digit fantasy performance (4 if you count the game he was out but that wouldn't be fair).

I don't think Carr is a bad play, but I think he comes with risk. I think his ceiling this week is higher than Watson's, but I think his floor is lower.

Outside of last week's barnburner, he hadn't posted a double digit fantasy outing since mid-September.

His floor is lower, I agree with that. It's just, you know, the whole "at Seattle" thing scares me. But maybe I'm too low on Watson.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

His floor is lower, I agree with that. It's just, you know, the whole "at Seattle" thing scares me. But maybe I'm too low on Watson.

Plus he's gotta be due for some regression right? Hes been out of his mind.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

No, I get it. Trust me, I have him in one league (traded Drew Brees for Fournette) and I'm scared.

But then I went up against the dude with BAL DEF so, now I feel like I'm free rolling. Haha.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

No, I get it. Trust me, I have him in one league (traded Drew Brees for Fournette) and I'm scared.

But then I went up against the dude with BAL DEF so, now I feel like I'm free rolling. Haha.

I also wonder where the Texans will be mentally, after this McNair flap. The betting line has moved from 5.5 to 7 today as a result.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

I also wonder where the Texans will be mentally, after this McNair flap. The betting line has moved from 5.5 to 7 today as a result.

Don't even get me started on that. People are getting ridiculous and I'm not talking about McNair.

Do people NOT know what he said is already a saying? Or do they KNOW, and they are just whining as people these days seem to do about everything?

Next week someone will say "well, don't make a mountain out of a mole hill" and someone will be offended for being called a mole. I wonder what other idioms that already exist could be offending.

Stitch in time saves nine? "Nine, why not TEN!"
Early bird gets the worm? "Worm equality!"

Sigh.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject:

^^
The debate about what he said notwithstanding, it's clearly had an effect on the players. So that was my only point, that I wonder if their heads will be fully in the right place on Sunday. I mean, the line moved, and it's not like any bad injury information came out for the Texans, unless I missed something.

Then again, if it's a blowout, maybe Watson gets some garbage time to have a useful fantasy line. He's been so great that I can't blame anyone for playing him.

My QB question this week is whether to play Alex Smith in a tough matchup against Denver, or Tyrod Taylor in a good matchup against Oakland, and Tyrod plays well at home. I'm leaning towards Taylor, even though Smith is the #1 fantasy QB on the season in overall points. Am I crazy?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^^
The debate about what he said notwithstanding, it's clearly had an effect on the players. So that was my only point, that I wonder if their heads will be fully in the right place on Sunday. I mean, the line moved, and it's not like any bad injury information came out for the Texans, unless I missed something.

Then again, if it's a blowout, maybe Watson gets some garbage time to have a useful fantasy line. He's been so great that I can't blame anyone for playing him.

My QB question this week is whether to play Alex Smith in a tough matchup against Denver, or Tyrod Taylor in a good matchup against Oakland, and Tyrod plays well at home. I'm leaning towards Taylor, even though Smith is the #1 fantasy QB on the season in overall points. Am I crazy?

You're not crazy. It could be a shoot out if OAK plays well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22
Jump to: