Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 60, 61, 62  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Lonzo is just not very good or he's just not ready. Lakers should know that by now. Since we so hastily traded away DLo, now we only have the option of Ennis or JC to start over Lonzo. We're so (bleep) at PG position.

Lonzo does everything great except for shoot. If he had our summer league team, we would be much better.

And the fact that he can't shoot makes it hard for him to set up other guys. I mean if you look at his passes, most of the time the defender is staying at home so the receiver isn't really open and has to settle for a tough shot.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lonzo is just not very good or he's just not ready. Lakers should know that by now. Since we so hastily traded away DLo, now we only have the option of Ennis or JC to start over Lonzo. We're so (bleep) at PG position.

Lol

Lonzo is 4th in the NBA in assists right now

Stfu.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

You really hate Zo....
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

What's frustrating about this loss is the win v wizards to me was pretty significant- it's not like the wizards didn't show up. Lakers just upped their game to come back.

That seemed to carry over to this game...then this.

But being as young as they are up and down will occur...but man Luke that 4th quarter sub is killing me 😫
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I hate how the first unit doesn't run

Nets fans complained about how he slowed down heir pace last year, fwiw.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Lol

Lonzo is 4th in the NBA in assists right now

I do not agree with your opinion kind sir.

Lol does “s-t-f-u” autocorrect to I DO NOT AGREE W YOUR OPINION KIND SIR? Hahaha
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) YOU LUKE. Bench looked tired? How? By scoring and defending far more consistently than the (bleep) group you shoved back in? (bleep). You.
bballchinaski
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

with this offense tomorrow's game promises to be brutal
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

VujacicForThree wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

You really hate Zo....

Nah, I just hate rookies at the most important position. It's ok for rookies to start at other positions but not at the PG position where he's asked to lead the offense. If Lonzo doesn't run offense, then we're left with Ingram iso or Lopez post up for offense we all know how that goes. Something needs to change. We can't afford to have Lonzo in training mode.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

lakersfever714 wrote:
RichD wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Lonzo does everything great except for shoot. If he had our summer league team, we would be much better.

And the fact that he can't shoot makes it hard for him to set up other guys. I mean if you look at his passes, most of the time the defender is staying at home so the receiver isn't really open and has to settle for a tough shot.

He can’t set up guys but he’s 4th in the league in assists and is top 5 all time in assists in his first 5 games

Haha

Okaaaaayy
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

On the bright side we only gave up 101. We can't shoot at all but our defense is getting better.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

You really hate Zo....

Nah, I just hate rookies at the most important position. It's ok for rookies to start at other positions but not at the PG position where he's asked to lead the offense. If Lonzo doesn't run offense, then we're left with Ingram iso or Lopez post up for offense we all know how that goes. Something needs to change. We can't afford to have Lonzo in training mode.

Strongly disagree. He rebounds like crazy and puts guys in position to score. If we shoot league average we only lose 1 game.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

You really hate Zo....

Can’t afford to run Zo in a rebuild year? Gtfoh
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

I would give Heart Clarkson's minutes for 2 or 3 games just to see if high IQ helps.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Our starters are utter crap. Look at the box score. They suck. No energy. No direction on offense..just pure chaos.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

This team will take off when Kuz starts. Spacing will be so much better. For lonzo to drive
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
RichD wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

He can’t set up guys but he’s 4th in the league in assists and is top 5 all time in assists in his first 5 games

Haha

Okaaaaayy

6 points and 5 points on back to back games. He's gotten a lot of assists because he only passes and barely shoots the ball. I mean if he's playing starter minutes and he's only making passes, ofc his assist is going to sky rocket.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Starting lineup

JC
Hart
Ingram
Kuzma
JR
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Hart needs alot more minutes

Kuz needs to start

I like randles energy right now off the bench
Rhazz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo has excellent vision and passing ability, that's not in question. What is in question, however, is how passive he is in looking for his own offense and how bad his shooting is right now. He can and no doubt will improve but to sit here and talk about him being great just cause he gets assists is insane. Kendall Marshall averaged almost 9 a game with the Lakers and he's terrible. I'm not comparing them as players at all but assist numbers are not what's gonna make me say he's great. He's a rookie with potential. Whether he realizes it or not remains to be seen.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject:

-The inconsistencies of a young team; too many mistakes and low energy tonight.
-Thought this was the first game that lonzo didn’t have good effort. He wasn’t effective at all tonight.
-Luke and coaching staff are doing some head scratching things.
-FO really needs to find some shooters. When things aren’t going too well, you need better shooting to at least stay in games. It’s amazing Toronto didn’t start separating earlier.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Rhazz wrote:
Lonzo has excellent vision and passing ability, that's not in question. What is in question, however, is how passive he is in looking for his own offense and how bad his shooting is right now. He can and no doubt will improve but to sit here and talk about him being great just cause he gets assists is insane. Kendall Marshall averaged almost 9 a game with the Lakers and he's terrible. I'm not comparing them as players at all but assist numbers are not what's gonna make me say he's great. He's a rookie with potential. Whether he realizes it or not remains to be seen.

After 5 games:

Good rebounder
Excellent passer
Better than I thought defender (he's so so and can improve and will)

Shooting...that's where it gets ugly. I've gone from saying he was erratic to now he's just a poor shooter. I didn't expect this after seeing how he would drain long 3s in college (from watching video primarily). I do think this will improve but unfortunately...not this year. Will take an off season or 3 to get to where it needs, imo.

The guy I am a little disappointed with is Ingram. I really felt he'd be more of a go to go so far but while he has shown flashes he is still inconsistent.

Also this game mirrored the same annoying stuff from last year: poor scoring by starters; bench is where most points came from
Rhazz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Rhazz wrote:

After 5 games:

Good rebounder
Excellent passer

Shooting...that's where it gets ugly. I've gone from saying he was erratic to now he's just a poor shooter. I didn't expect this after seeing how he would drain long 3s in college (from watching video primarily). I do think this will improve but unfortunately...not this year. Will take an off season or 3 to get to where it needs, imo.

The guy I am a little disappointed with is Ingram. I really felt he'd be more of a go to go so far but while he has shown flashes he is still inconsistent.

Also this game mirrored the same annoying stuff from last year: poor scoring by starters; bench is where most points came from

What worries me about Ingram is the fact that the baskets he does score are on isos from the wing and they all seem very forced. His outside jumper is crazy inconsistent. It seems as if they don't run isos for him he becomes invisible out there. And also for his length and athleticism he's not a good defender or rebounder. I have hope for him but his ceiling just seems lower than initially projected.

Also Luke's lineups and rotations are ridiculous. Your starting five is supposed to be your strongest lineup and they're supposed to get the bulk of the minutes. I'm not saying he has to have everything figured out but in your second year you're supposed to have at least figured out what your style/team identity is. He seems to want them to run some sets but they keep devolving into terrible isos. He's just not a smart coach at this point.

Last edited by Rhazz on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Rhazz wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Rhazz wrote:

After 5 games:

Good rebounder
Excellent passer

What worries me about Ingram is the fact that the baskets he does score are on isos from the wing and they all seem very forced. His outside jumper is crazy inconsistent. It seems as if they don't run isos for him he becomes invisible out there. And also for his length and athleticism he's not a good defender or rebounder. I have hope for him but his ceiling just seems lower than initially projected.

I'll have to pay more attention re his d. But agreed re his offense. Just hoping maybe we're both being too judgmental after 5 games.

Schedule not getting any easier though.
Rhazz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Rhazz wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Rhazz wrote:

After 5 games:

Good rebounder
Excellent passer

I'll have to pay more attention re his d. But agreed re his offense. Just hoping maybe we're both being too judgmental after 5 games.

Schedule not getting any easier though.

I hope so too. Probably reading too much into it. Luke does seem in way over his head.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 61 of 62
Jump to: