Long Beach Restaurant Caught Serving Popeyes Fried Chicken

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Long Beach Restaurant Caught Serving Popeyes Fried Chicken

http://abc7.com/food/long-beach-restaurant-under-fire-for-serving-popeyes-chicken/2548021/
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

I'd pay the extra to not have to come anywhere near a popeye's.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Im a bit of a food snob where I pretty much dont ever eat basic fast food but Popeyes is the rare exception for me (along with In n Out and Chickfila). Ive been to plenty of places that would have been off serving Popeyes over their own fried chicken recipe.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

Because of the food or their locations? I love Popeye's chicken.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
"We PROUDLY SERVE Popeyes spicy tenders - the best fried chicken anywhere and from New Orleans - which are delivered twice a day," she wrote in her reply.

I love how indignant, self-righteous, and unapologetic her response is.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject:

I’m guessing you’ve been to the one in Hawaiian Gardens or in Long Beach off Willow?

If you’re ever out in Vegas and need some food for the ride home, in the south where all those new homes are being built, they have brand new Popeyes equipped with drive thru windows.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject:

Popeye's is one of, if not the best, fried chicken out there. Used to be Golden Bird when it was down on Halldale and Adams. The owner didn't hide the fact she was serving Popeyes so, Wat Da Problem Is?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Popeye's is one of, if not the best, fried chicken out there. Used to be Golden Bird when it was down on Halldale and Adams. The owner didn't hide the fact she was serving Popeyes so, Wat Da Problem Is?

No real problem she's doesn't have to hide it but its obvious she runs a terrible restaurant.

Popeye's is okay
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

No real problem she's doesn't have to hide it but its obvious she runs a terrible restaurant.

Popeye's is okay nothing special

Ones taste decides what's good, bad or indifferent. Some like Chick-fil-a, some don't. some like Golden Bird, some don't. What's special for you?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

Actually like Popeye but the restaurant should just be upfront about it

By the way, try korean fried chicken if you like fired chicken, bon-chon... really good
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

I’m guessing you’ve been to the one in Hawaiian Gardens or in Long Beach off Willow?

and the one on expo/la brea

and the one in alhambra

and the one in berkeley

and most frequently, for varying yet equally annoying reasons, the one at fig/manchester

a fine product but maybe open some locations that won't have awful hepatitis chuds posted near the entrance to drum you up for some change

Quote:
If you’re ever out in Vegas and need some food for the ride home, in the south where all those new homes are being built, they have brand new Popeyes equipped with drive thru windows.

>telling someone to go anywhere in Vegas not on Las Vegas blvd between Harmon and Desert Inn

that's cold, dude. I made the mistake of walking to the las vegas hilton (now westgate) by sight once. once. Non-strip Vegas is (bleep) terrifying
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

Somebody is trying to sue over this? Waste of everyone’s time just don’t buy the food if you don’t like it lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Ones taste decides what's good, bad or indifferent. Some like Chick-fil-a, some don't. some like Golden Bird, some don't. What's special for you?

Usual I'll go to some of the local bars/restaurants in my city but if I'm looking for something fast I'd go to Canes.

The thing about Popeye's is I didn't try it for the first time until two years ago and was pretty excited but when i bit into it, it tasted like average fried chicken.

My first thought wasn't man this is good. The meat itself wasn't that juicy.

Not that it was bad and it was better than KFC. Also yeah I'd rather go to Chick (Their chicken sandwich beats everything on the Popeye's menu)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Usual I'll go to some of the local bars/restaurants in my city but if I'm looking for something fast I'd go to Canes.

The thing about Popeye's is I didn't try it for the first time until two years ago and was pretty excited but when i bit into it, it tasted like average fried chicken.

My first thought wasn't man this is good. The meat itself wasn't that juicy.

Not that it was bad and it was better than KFC. Also yeah I'd rather go to Chick (Their chicken sandwich beats everything on the Popeye's menu)

The thing about franchises is, everyone has a different chef/cook. I had a In and Out on Sepulveda, it was good, on Century it was lousy. Same franchise, different chef/cook.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Miss that Popeyes Tuesday deal.....I remember my local Popeyes had pretty long lines during those days.
It sucked for the employees there as they were busying hustling trying to fulfill everyones orders.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

>telling someone to go anywhere in Vegas not on Las Vegas blvd between Harmon and Desert Inn

that's cold, dude. I made the mistake of walking to the las vegas hilton (now westgate) by sight once. once. Non-strip Vegas is (bleep) terrifying

I don’t think you know the area I’m speaking of or I’ve done a horrific job of explaining it. My in laws own a beautiful 3,500 square foot home off Blue Diamond, heading west 5 miles or so from the freeway. Everything is built new out there. Very clean. You’re talking to someone who lived in Anaheim Hills for 17 years. I wouldn’t steer you toward the shoddy spots.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: