Best 3 Movie Run For An Actor?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject:

Why are people posting movies where the said actor was not in the lead role???

Only the movies where the actor was in the lead role should count.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Holy Schnikes, not one mention of the late Chris Farley?!

Tommy Boy (1995)
Black Sheep (1996)
Beverly Hills Ninja (1997)

While I am definitely down with this line of thought, I feel like

Tommy>>>BlackSheep>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beverly Hills Ninja

If either BS or BHN were better movies (critically of course) then this would be a good entry. Unfortunately, outside of die-hard Farley fans, I doubt people have even watched the latter two.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Al Pacino in the 70s

Serpico
Godfather II
Dog Day Afternoon

then in the 90s

Donnie Brasco
The Insider
Any Given Sunday

#beast
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
Morgan Freeman - Unforgiven/Shawshank/Outbreak/Se7en

Great call. Really, really great call. "Unforgiven" is one of the two greatest modern westerns IMO, along with "Open Range" for me. ("Open Range", another Costner flick. He has so many movies I love.) "Shawshank" is in a tie with "JFK" for my favorite movie of all time. And "Outbreak" and "Seven" are both fantastic thrillers. (I have no idea how "Outbreak" only has a 59% score on Rotten Tomatoes. It's entertaining from start to finish.)

Yeah, Costner has the gift of being able to make only truly great or truly awful films. Guilty Costner pleasure: Revenge, with Anthony Quinn and Madeline Stowe.

But JFK belongs in the awful category. Such a horrible pastiche if every debunked conspiracy theory.

Just thought of this, but another movie that I like that was based on actual events but where some fictitious elements were thrown in was "Argo." I knew a little bit about the hostage crisis before I saw the film, but not exact specifics. I saw the movie before looking up actual facts about what happened, and what the movie changed. But it's a really compelling flick, and I don't feel like the experience was cheapened because it wasn't completely accurate. I didn't see it in the theatre, instead watching it when it first premiered on cable TV, and I liked it so much that I must have watched it two or three more times during that first run on cable. Unless it's a documentary, I just want a good story when I'm watching a movie, something that grabs my attention, and 100% realism is not required for me.

Oh, also, could a more gifted actor have been cast in Ben Affleck's part in the film? Sure, but I think he held up pretty well, and the rest of the cast and crew (along with Affleck's own directing) did such a great job that Affleck in the lead role is but a very minor quibble for me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: