We will win 40 games this season, George or no George
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
MJST wrote:
deal wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
ingle wrote:
Bringing this one back, even though we've started 2-4 I feel even better about 40 wins now. These guys play D and the team's already shown they have taken on Lonzo's identity of playing fast and playing selflessly, even Julius and Clarkson (mostly) have been making the right basketball plays more often than not this year.

Our shooting so far has been historically unsustainably bad, that will fix itself in time.

This team better win 40 games. If they don't:

-Say goodbye to max free agents signing here
-We lose a season of tanking, along with player we tanked for.
-Not winning 40 games probably means unimpressive performance from Ingram
-We will probably max Randle.

We're a 32-24 win team from day one.

Then it may be time to admit the pipe dream of "LeBron and George" Isn't happening.

Be it as it may, this is a basically new organization. It takes time for these guys together to know each others S&W, integrate, rookies learn the NBA, etc. etc.

Any early pipe related to winning 40 games is just that. I doubt Vagas or alike called us a 40 game team.

yeah I'm sorry, but with the way that hostile takeover of the Front Office was staged, all the crap that was talked, and all the shade they threw at the last regime, including Jeanie at her own brother. AND the fact this new FO told Jerry West that they didn't need him when all he wanted to do was finish his career next to his son...

If you're gonna do that crap.. YOU HAD BETTER be better at it than the last regime and you'd BETTER have faster results than what you were 'dissatisfied' with prior.

Thus far, I'm not seeing ANY of those things. Writing's on the wall with a lot of other stuff that fans could see a mile away but the FO tried to sell a different story.

But this off-season, when KCP walks, Lopez walks, our record isn't much better, if better at all, and nether Paul George or LeBron James comes. I wanna see what people think then about this "new FO".

As a Lakers fan it hurts to say that as a legitimate gigantic possibility. But watching how KCP's performing, and how Luke has no clue how to use Lopez. I can't see either of them staying. Meanwhile I watch the "not a leader" put up near 30 points in 3 quarters on the other side of the spectrum.

The last FO at least had a plan, that involved building our young core for the next 3-4 seasons instead of pretending we were a free agent hot spot and lying to our fans each year with that lie.

New FO seems just content on doing that every season instead of just investing in what we have and being realistic. We're gonna sit through the same off-seasons of 2012-2016 all over again while wasting 4 seasons of this young core's potential while we constantly chase free agents that have no interest in coming to a losing team that can't even invest in their young core right.

This likely does not change... till the person at the top of our organization that still believes 2012-2016 were just anomalies and brought people in that believed the same, thus setting us backwards all over again, is gone. The fish rots from the head down.. and the head is still here.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
deal wrote:
MJST wrote:
deal wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
ingle wrote:
Bringing this one back, even though we've started 2-4 I feel even better about 40 wins now. These guys play D and the team's already shown they have taken on Lonzo's identity of playing fast and playing selflessly, even Julius and Clarkson (mostly) have been making the right basketball plays more often than not this year.

Our shooting so far has been historically unsustainably bad, that will fix itself in time.

Then it may be time to admit the pipe dream of "LeBron and George" Isn't happening.

Be it as it may, this is a basically new organization. It takes time for these guys together to know each others S&W, integrate, rookies learn the NBA, etc. etc.

Any early pipe related to winning 40 games is just that. I doubt Vagas or alike called us a 40 game team.

yeah I'm sorry, but with the way that hostile takeover of the Front Office was staged, all the crap that was talked, and all the shade they threw at the last regime, including Jeanie at her own brother. AND the fact this new FO told Jerry West that they didn't need him when all he wanted to do was finish his career next to his son...

If you're gonna do that crap.. YOU HAD BETTER be better at it than the last regime and you'd BETTER have faster results than what you were 'dissatisfied' with prior.

Thus far, I'm not seeing ANY of those things. Writing's on the wall with a lot of other stuff that fans could see a mile away but the FO tried to sell a different story.

But this off-season, when KCP walks, Lopez walks, our record isn't much better, if better at all, and nether Paul George or LeBron James comes. I wanna see what people think then about this "new FO".

As a Lakers fan it hurts to say that as a legitimate gigantic possibility. But watching how KCP's performing, and how Luke has no clue how to use Lopez. I can't see either of them staying. Meanwhile I watch the "not a leader" put up near 30 points in 3 quarters on the other side of the spectrum.

The last FO at least had a plan, that involved building our young core for the next 3-4 seasons instead of pretending we were a free agent hot spot and lying to our fans each year with that lie.

New FO seems just content on doing that every season instead of just investing in what we have and being realistic. We're gonna sit through the same off-seasons of 2012-2016 all over again while wasting 4 seasons of this young core's potential while we constantly chase free agents that have no interest in coming to a losing team that can't even invest in their young core right.

This likely does not change... till the person at the top of our organization that still believes 2012-2016 were just anomalies and brought people in that believed the same, thus setting us backwards all over again, is gone. The fish rots from the head down.. and the head is still here.

Here's the thing some may like Jeanie or not but she is the Boss and unless the Buss family sells (fat chance) she will be the boss.
You talk about what the new FO will be content on doing year after year but that have not been here a season so that is speculation on your part, anything is possible.
It's tough when you don't agree but it's hard going up against the owners certified Rep.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
MJST wrote:
deal wrote:
MJST wrote:
deal wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
ingle wrote:

Here's the thing some may like Jeanie or not but she is the Boss and unless the Buss family sells (fat chance) she will be the boss.
You talk about what the new FO will be content on doing year after year but that have not been here a season so that is speculation on your part, anything is possible.
It's tough when you don't agree but it's hard going up against the owners certified Rep.

Like I said. We'll remain where we are till she steps down and/or Jesse takes over. But alas, that's likely many years away.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
deal wrote:
MJST wrote:
deal wrote:
MJST wrote:
deal wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
ingle wrote:

Like I said. We'll remain where we are till she steps down and/or Jesse takes over. But alas, that's likely many years away.

Yeah, I very much doubt she'll step down at all but like I've said, anything is possible.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject:

will say it again, 40
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Maybe 36...
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

been my sig all season.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Maybe 36...

I ain't mad atcha
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

Interesting to read this again.

Summer League blew me away. That moved my prediction from 30 to 35 wins.

I'm still saying 35, but 40 is no longer a pipe dream. Finishing 18-11 won't be easy but we're 11-4 the last 15.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Interesting to read this again.

Summer League blew me away. That moved my prediction from 30 to 35 wins.

I'm still saying 35, but 40 is no longer a pipe dream. Finishing 18-11 won't be easy but we're 11-4 the last 15.

When I see our remaining schedule, I'm think about 12/14 more wins (based on how we are playing right now). But maybe Lonzo back will help us to win a few more. He's not the kind of player who will ruin our chemistry...
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Keep the hope alive
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Yeah ingle!
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Lakers will be in the playoffs next season George or no George.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:25 am    Post subject:

Would love to see it. They can't lose more than 8 more games. IMO, these 7 are likely losses:

@DEN
CLE
@GS
@IND
@NO
@UTA
HOU

They also host UTA, PDX, MIL, DEN, SA (with Kawhi?), and MIN (with Butler?).
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

^ imo it would be disappointing to lose to that Cleveland team @ home.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

Going 12-8 the rest of the way is going to be tough. But a long shot possibility if they can continue to play as they have and keep healthy.

Nice dream scenario would be getting their 40th win on the final night as they knock the Clips out of the playoffs. Atmosphere would have the building rocking and have a nice lasting impression on free agents (including those currently on the roster) this summer.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
^ imo it would be disappointing to lose to that Cleveland team @ home.

It will give us an up close and personal look of how LeBron doesn't have the same defensive ability he used to have. I think he's part of the problem in Cleveland and not just everyone else. It reminds me of how Kobe kept getting defensive honors even when it was obvious he no longer had lockdown capabilities. I'm looking for Ingram to show him a couple of things. And I also expect the Lakers to win that game.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

We've been playing .700 ball for the last 2 months. IT ISN'T IMPOSSIBLE!
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

True, but it is much harder now.
- The schedule is more difficult
- We have no Hart and don't know when BI will return

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
danzag wrote:

True, but it is much harder now.
- The schedule is more difficult
- We have no Hart and don't know when BI will return
the injuries are going to be an issue.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Keepers: Lonzo, Ingram, Kuz, Jules, Hart

To be determined: Nance, JC, Zub

Likely cap casualties: Deng, JC.

Care to share some of your powerball numbers as well!?
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject:

Nice bump, good call too on 40. I do think though regarding FA's we're already there. I don't think a guy like George is going to worry if it's 37 or 40 really. What FA's have to see is these young guys are developing quickly and sold out on playing D and within themselves and the system.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

We'll still end up in that 35ish range....injuries to some key guys and several tough games down the stretch are going to prevent hitting 40.....but 35 + or - a game is still a great improvement over last year....I think we've shown enough and adding even adding 1 prime FA we are going to be a 45 - 50 win team next year and will be a dangerous team in the playoffs....basically we will be this years t-wolves next year assuming we add a solid FA and are help to keep the core in place...I actually think we will be better than them though, because while I think their individual young talent might be better....i.e. one can argue towns is they best individual young talent.....I think our collective young talent I think is better and the way they play together is better.

Hopefully our FA pursuit is successful otherwise next year we are probably a 40ish win team
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

Lakers + PG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thunder + PG. I will add that the pendulum will swing even more in our favor as time goes on. PG will be a Laker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
We'll still end up in that 35ish range....injuries to some key guys and several tough games down the stretch are going to prevent hitting 40.....but 35 + or - a game is still a great improvement over last year....I think we've shown enough and adding even adding 1 prime FA we are going to be a 45 - 50 win team next year and will be a dangerous team in the playoffs....basically we will be this years t-wolves next year assuming we add a solid FA and are help to keep the core in place...I actually think we will be better than them though, because while I think their individual young talent might be better....i.e. one can argue towns is they best individual young talent.....I think our collective young talent I think is better and the way they play together is better.

Hopefully our FA pursuit is successful otherwise next year we are probably a 40ish win team

Agreed. I predicted a win total in the mid 30s and it's looking like that's where we'll end up. Very solid improvement and I'm optimistic that we'll at least get one impact FA this summer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20
Jump to: