PISTONS -at- LAKERS – 10-31-17 - DIY Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

Here's to an OG Laker fan. Condolences to you and yours DB.
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject:

Sorry DB. To you and your family.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

Sorry for your loss DB. Hope you and your family are feeling at peace and are getting the support you need.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject:

My condolences DB. Something I myself am dreading as I approach that time in life where things like this begin to happen. Truly have my empathy. I'm sure your father would have loved last night.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject:

My condolences DB.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject:

I'm not even going to attempt to replicate what you do DB, but here are some things that stood out to me last night:

Luke - He has understandably taken flak for some questionable coaching decisions: hockey subs, halfcourt offense, lineups, etc. However, we have to give Luke major props for the way he's gotten this Lakers team to defend early in the season. We're a top 10 defensive team, which is amazing to think about when you consider how poor we were in the preseason and the first few games of the season. This team is one game under .500 because of their defense, and if the offense catches as it seemed to do last night, this team can be very dangerous. Contrast that to last season at this time when the Lakers were playing .500 ball because of they were shooting lights out to start the season.

Lonzo - Game-by-game, Lonzo continues to remove those question marks that many were worried about going into the season. Can he defend? Can he run the PNR? Can he develop more advanced ball handling skills? I don't think any of these are going to be question marks going forward because it's clear that he's learning and progressing at a rapid rate. I like the mid-range pull-up that he hit last night, which is a shot he needs to be able to hit if the big doesn't pick him up. He put his defender in "jail" as GT likes to say numerous times last night, which is something he wasn't doing in SPL or preseason.

Ingram - This is the kind of overall floor game that many of us want to see from him. Even though he was a bit TO prone, I like the fact that he was making good basketball plays out there. Even though BI isn't a consistent finisher when he takes it to the rim, he does consistently suck in the defense on those drives but has only looked to pass as a last resort. Last night, he was making great reads off those drives, which led to a team high in assists. He was also very active on defense and just stuffed the stat sheet in general. I like the progress that he's shown since preseason.

Lopez - It was good to see him knock down some 3s. Hopefully, this takes the lid off the basket for him and he can be a consistent threat from the perimeter.

Nance - Someone on Twitter mentioned that even if think Luke should start Randle or play him more minutes, it's clear that there's nothing wrong with the way Nance is playing. Jr. has been very consistent in his energy level and production this season and continues to be a great glue guy.

Randle - His impact on the defensive end has been amazing since his rough start to the season. He left Detroit's back-up bigs dazed and confused, and I just love the fact that Randle is consistently imposing his will on opposing 2nd units. Gotta love the chemistry between Randle and Kuz. I'm still waiting to see a Randle/Kuz dribble hand-off.

Kuz - He finally had one of those flamethrower games from behind the arc that we saw in SPL and preseason. The kid just plays so effortlessly out there, and it would be great to see him consistently hit that 3 ball. Regardless, we know that he's going to continue to bring the energy on both ends and make his presence known whether or not the 3 ball is dropping.

JC - A much more under control game for JC. This is the first game that JC didn't have one of his signature cringe-worthy turnovers. We need more of this going forward.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

My prayers, respects, and condolences for you and yours, sir.

Wishing your father and you and your family peace, healing, strength, and comfort.

A toast to your dad - may he rest in Heavenly peace.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

My condolences and prayers go out to you and your family, DB. May God grant you peace. Both of my parents have been gone for several years. I can say the fond memories always remain. My dad and I had a tradition of going to the local high school basketball home games together. A great bonding experience rooting for the home team and yelling at the refs!

Here's to your dad!
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

My condolences to you and your family DB. Bless your dad for introducing you to the Lakers!
lakerlynx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

Very sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

Take care DB, our thoughts here at LG are with you.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
I'm not even going to attempt to replicate what you do DB, but here are some things that stood out to me last night:

Luke - He has understandably taken flak for some questionable coaching decisions: hockey subs, halfcourt offense, lineups, etc. However, we have to give Luke major props for the way he's gotten this Lakers team to defend early in the season. We're a top 10 defensive team, which is amazing to think about when you consider how poor we were in the preseason and the first few games of the season. This team is one game under .500 because of their defense, and if the offense catches as it seemed to do last night, this team can be very dangerous. Contrast that to last season at this time when the Lakers were playing .500 ball because of they were shooting lights out to start the season.

Lonzo - Game-by-game, Lonzo continues to remove those question marks that many were worried about going into the season. Can he defend? Can he run the PNR? Can he develop more advanced ball handling skills? I don't think any of these are going to be question marks going forward because it's clear that he's learning and progressing at a rapid rate. I like the mid-range pull-up that he hit last night, which is a shot he needs to be able to hit if the big doesn't pick him up. He put his defender in "jail" as GT likes to say numerous times last night, which is something he wasn't doing in SPL or preseason.

Ingram - This is the kind of overall floor game that many of us want to see from him. Even though he was a bit TO prone, I like the fact that he was making good basketball plays out there. Even though BI isn't a consistent finisher when he takes it to the rim, he does consistently suck in the defense on those drives but has only looked to pass as a last resort. Last night, he was making great reads off those drives, which led to a team high in assists. He was also very active on defense and just stuffed the stat sheet in general. I like the progress that he's shown since preseason.

Lopez - It was good to see him knock down some 3s. Hopefully, this takes the lid off the basket for him and he can be a consistent threat from the perimeter.

Nance - Someone on Twitter mentioned that even if think Luke should start Randle or play him more minutes, it's clear that there's nothing wrong with the way Nance is playing. Jr. has been very consistent in his energy level and production this season and continues to be a great glue guy.

Randle - His impact on the defensive end has been amazing since his rough start to the season. He left Detroit's back-up bigs dazed and confused, and I just love the fact that Randle is consistently imposing his will on opposing 2nd units. Gotta love the chemistry between Randle and Kuz. I'm still waiting to see a Randle/Kuz dribble hand-off.

Kuz - He finally had one of those flamethrower games from behind the arc that we saw in SPL and preseason. The kid just plays so effortlessly out there, and it would be great to see him consistently hit that 3 ball. Regardless, we know that he's going to continue to bring the energy on both ends and make his presence known whether or not the 3 ball is dropping.

JC - A much more under control game for JC. This is the first game that JC didn't have one of his signature cringe-worthy turnovers. We need more of this going forward.

Good post, thank you. My take bout this year is that the Lakers are a shooter away from being fairly good if the defensive improvement continues. The pre-season has shrunk to a very very short time to really develop young/new-mix teams. I really want to see them play Golden State and Houston (in the west) and Boston (in the East.)
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

Love to you and your family. Thanks for all you do despite having real life issues. Rest in peace Papa DB.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

Sorry for your loss DB.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject:

Praying for your fam DB! Glad you're in a better place about it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

Wow, guys. Trying not to tear up here at work reading all that from you. Wasn't expecting it. You're all invited to my funeral the day I join him. Hopefully many decades from now.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

8750 wrote:
Big, big hug, DB..

Thanks, f.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:

Loving the team D and individually, what we're seeing from Randle. Some signs of life from Ingram last night and young Lonzo (all of our rookies defend).

Quote:

Yes, more of this from him, please. Loved him getting into passing lanes or using that length to dig on D last night.

Quote:
Gotta love the chemistry between Randle and Kuz. I'm still waiting to see a Randle/Kuz dribble hand-off.

Definitely some flashes there.

Quote:

Hopefully, he gets back to flamethrowing. Love how effortless it looks. Very good word to describe him. As I've said, he makes it look easy.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

So sorry for your loss DB, this may seem cheessy but it helps me. As long as you love someone they never die, they live on in your heart.

Coach Wooden

Last edited by SpunkieLakerCat on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richcbt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

I'm sorry for your loss, DB. My dad took me to my first Laker game back in (I think) 1961, and I'm so grateful he introduced me to this great sport and this great team. That's a powerful bond, and I thank him for producing the great Dancing Barry, whose commentary on games is can't-miss!
Superlaker66
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Condolences to you and your family DB. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

My sincere condolences, DB.
I lost my mom in March 2016, and my dad in July 2015.
Losing parents is hard....both did not have prolonged illnesses, so there were no real goodbyes, unfortunately.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

DB Thanks for all you do. My condolences on your loss. I know how much it hurts. Just keep in mind he is in a better place and is pain free now.
forzaCOREA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

sorry for your loss.. you are greatly appreciated here. My work schedule stinks and I rarely get to watch a game but I feel like through your write ups I do not miss a beat. You and cachookaman are the real mvps! Thank you guys
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Have no idea how you manage to do all that you do to keep the lights on in the hearts and minds of many, but knowing DB Sr. played and will continue to play a significant role is inspirational. Many blessing to the entire DB household.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: