Tristan Thompson injured

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Tristan Thompson injured

I don't want to blame the "Kardashian Curse" but Tristan hasn't played well since his relationship with Khloe blossomed. I believe they're expecting a child.

It's been said Thompson didn't come into the season in shape. The Cavs are off to a horrible start. If they don't do well this season, WELCOME TO LOS ANGELES LeBRON. I like the possibility. He's on the downhill but he's still an elite player who just may be what the team needs to develop a winning culture.

I don't know if Kyrie is somewhere smiling, Celtics 6-2, Cavaliers 3-5.

Tristan Thompson injures left calf against Pacers, won't return

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Tristan Thompson injured

jodeke wrote:
I don't want to blame the "Kardashian Curse" but Tristan hasn't played well since his relationship with Khloe blossomed. I believe they're expecting a child.

It's been said Thompson didn't come into the season in shape. The Cavs are off to a horrible start. If they don't do well this season, WELCOME TO LOS ANGELES LeBRON. I like the possibility. He's on the downhill but he's still an elite player who just may be what the team needs to develop a winning culture.

LINK

Out about a month

Link
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

Cavs are old.

Slow.

Not motivated.

Not sure about LBJ.

And they'll still likely make the NBA Finals and get embarrassed.

Does LBJ want to be remembered like the Buffalo Bills?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

Say what you will about JBJ but he's seldom injured. I'm not on board with the PED rumors. I give more credit to him taking care of his body and he knows how to pace himself. He's Kobe like in that respect.

Him coming to the Lakers is good and bad. (G) He's been there done that. He'll bring leadership. (B) He's at the age when a basketball player's body starts to break down.

If he comes to LA his contract will be of significant importance. I hope Magic doesn't make it a Deng, Mozgov albatross.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

Ray Jay... career never took off
Reggie Bush... out of NFL
Kris Humphries... out of NBA
Kanye West... TBD

Lamar Odom... out of NBA
James Harden... MVP after
Tristan Thompson... calf injury

Bruce Jenner... game over
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Kanye West... TBD

Lamar Odom... out of NBA

Ray J actually revived his career because of Kim. Reggie and Humphries were out of their respective leagues years after breaking up with the Kardashians. Odom won a ring and 6th Man of the Year while with a Kardashian, and he had emotional/mental health and drug related issues prior to being with her.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
governator wrote:
Kanye West... TBD

Lamar Odom... out of NBA

Ray J actually revived his career because of Kim. Reggie and Humphries were out of their respective leagues years after breaking up with the Kardashians. Odom won a ring and 6th Man of the Year while with a Kardashian, and he had emotional/mental health and drug related issues prior to being with her.

you're killing my joke
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Kanye West... TBD

Lamar Odom... out of NBA

Lamar was sixth man of the year, playing the best ball of his career when he was married to Khloe.

I don't think she was responsible for Odom's demise. I blame it on his being traded to Dallas. IMO the trade collapsed a fragile psyche.

I thought he was into marijuana. I believe the heavy stuff came after the trade.

Harden shook the scene before it had a chance to derail him. According to Khloe it was her idea they split because James cheated.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Tristan Thompson injured

jodeke wrote:

LINK

You talking about the Clippers? Because at least they have two established stars already instead of ones LeBron would have to wait 2-3 seasons for. Sorry to say, but it is what it is.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Tristan Thompson injured

MJST wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

You talking about the Clippers? Because at least they have two established stars already instead of ones LeBron would have to wait 2-3 seasons for. Sorry to say, but it is what it is.

No. I think Lakers because of status. The Clippers don't have the luster of the Lakers. He has rings. It's all about the Benjamin's.

If things go as Magic plans, LBJ and PG13 will be Lakers. Paul George may switch reels and go to the Clippers.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject:

It’s beautiful to see the Cavs in a free fall, that’s been our only hope of having a chance at LeBron, thank god we did not sign Rose or Wade, those guys wouldn’t have done much here.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Kanye West... TBD

Lamar Odom... out of NBA

You forgot OJ... no explanation needed.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Tristan Thompson injured

MJST wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

They could open up cap space but it would pretty much be Lebron, Blake, Teodosic and Gallinari. They might be able to turn Gallinari into two role players.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
KBH wrote:
governator wrote:
Kanye West... TBD

Lamar Odom... out of NBA

you're killing my joke

lol my bad
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject:

So after years on the team CP3 bolts leaving major $ on the table because he didn't think he Clippers were serious about winning but his good friend LeBron is going to draw a different conclusion? Doc, Griffin, Galo, LA's other team, very difficult to see that being James' play.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: