View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
Username wrote:
D-Lo and Ball together would be essentially what we get whenever JC and Ball play together right now.

Not sure what would be so amazing about that.

DLO actually passes the ball. Tunnel Vision Clarkson on the other hand....

They're both ball dominant score-first players. DLO passes a little more than Clarkson does, but that's not saying much.
The fact he's a better overall player in almost every aspect of the game says everything.

But agree to disagree.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
Username wrote:
D-Lo and Ball together would be essentially what we get whenever JC and Ball play together right now.

They're both ball dominant score-first players. DLO passes a little more than Clarkson does, but that's not saying much.

DLo AST%

Career: 24.2%
2017-18: 34.8% (career high)

JC AST%

Career: 16.5%
2017-18: 24.9% (career high)

Next...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo has to start taking his shots. Defenses are not playing him they're playing the passing lanes.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo must be injured. Something is wrong with him
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Lonzo has to start taking his shots. Defenses are not playing him they're playing the passing lanes.

That's why he got his offense off ball and on catches, he rarely initiated his own offensive shot. Not who he is and not his game.

I said it when I saw him at UCLA. He'd be the perfect 2 in Luke's system. Now I feel he'd have been the perfect combo guard that could trade off 1 and 2 responsibilities.

Sadly we don't have that at the 2, we have KCP.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
Lonzo must be injured. Something is wrong with him

I gotta agree with this, his interview that he was ready for Lillard and Russell seems like a forgone conclusion, I hope he comes out aggressive tomorrow or else something must be going on that we don't know yet.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

DUDES,
WE DID NOT LOSE BECAUSE OF LONZO OR LACK OF DLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you seriously want to play the "what if" game:
If the refs didn't give dame a phantom foul call every single, effin, goddammed time he took the ball to the hole?!?!????
WE WIN.

Last edited by eddiejonze on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

Caruso would be great for this team
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Cant believe there's still DLO discussions going on, you would have thought he was on the team longer than 2 years with the loyalty from some

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
DUDES,
If the refs didn't give dame a phantom foul call every single, effin, goddammed time he took the ball to the hole?!?!????
WE WIN.

Disagree.. He is our starting point gaurd. When he is invisible he hurts the team. He is the face of the franchise going forward and he puts up these numbers. He is the reason we look lost.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
DUDES,
WE WIN.

No doubt that the refs had there hands on this game
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Username wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
Username wrote:

The fact he's a better overall player in almost every aspect of the game says everything.

But agree to disagree.

An argument could be made that Clarkson has been a better and more efficient player than Russell this season.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Username wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
Username wrote:

DLo AST%

Career: 24.2%
2017-18: 34.8% (career high)

JC AST%

Career: 16.5%
2017-18: 24.9% (career high)

Next...

The two are playing and have in the past played vastly different roles. Russell has spent more of his career as a starting 1, while Clarkson has spent a lot of his career as a guy looked to provide scoring punch.

Russell is a more willing passer than Clarkson, but I don't think the difference this year has been significant enough that he and Lonzo playing together would be some otherworldly improvement over Clarkson and Lonzo.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo needs to take more than 1 or 2 shots a game or there is really no point in him playing more than back up minutes at best
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject:

Really detest seeing these dead cadaver starts. They are killing this team's progress. Waste of an excellent 43 mins of play, same as Pelicans gm. The other dead starts simply resulted in unrecoverable deficits as in Utah. Unfortunate because you had a number of guys again who really played nicely for naught. I guess they're just gonna have to get mad enough themselves for them to address this issue as a collective unit. Shouldn't be the Lakers time and again who it happens to. They've got young legs. Luke should have more faith and/or higher expectations in these kids than to make excuses for their game-to-game inconsistency because they've been much more consistent overall than not, but they're spilling their own guts because of dead, listless starts. These lads need to be rewarding their own efforts at closing out games. They just did that two nights ago by being focused at the opening jump. It's not like they can't they do it or that this problem is that hard to figure out. Correcting this sh should be easier than fixing the team's defense for sure.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:20 am    Post subject:

Lonzo Bust. If he'd scored just 4 points instead of 0 points, we would have won the game.

Still a very nice game from the Lakers even though Lonzo didn't even show up.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject:

I liked the way we were aggressive on the defensive end.

SMH on Lonzo.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject:

Sucks we didn’t get the W but what’s there to really complain about beside Nance’s fractured hand and Lonzo getting worked by Dame Dolla... this team looked a million times better than the 1st game against the clips. At 3 - 5 and looking The way we did at a hostile environment (actually wasn’t sure if hey were chanting ‘let’s go Blazers or let’s go Lakers’)... just scratching the surface, we gonna fight for that 8th spot
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject:

So close. We gonna beat the Blazers this season I can feel it after this performance. That losing streak to them isn’t gonna survive this season.

No excuses but Damian can hit that shot over anyone. Brandon should of guarded him closer and he even admitted that in the post game interview. Damian is just too good I don’t Blame B.I for playing a little off on him in fear of his drive to the basket ability.

Tough Loss and even tougher that we lost Larry for a few weeks maybe but this team will bounce back. Gotta be happy with the fight these young Lakers are displaying as of my late.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Sucks we didn’t get the W but what’s there to really complain about beside Nance’s fractured hand and Lonzo getting worked by Dame Dolla... this team looked a million times better than the 1st game against the clips. At 3 - 5 and looking The way we did at a hostile environment (actually wasn’t sure if hey were chanting ‘let’s go Blazers or let’s go Lakers’)... just scratching the surface, we gonna fight for that 8th spot

You mean Dame worked him defensively, right? I thought Lonzo did a great job defending Dame. It felt like most of his points were on other defenders and then BS fouls in 4Q.

Positive signs is the effort and just being in every game. Once they learn to close, they are going to be tough. It’s the right direction, get to 4-5 tonight and it’s not too bad of a start to the season.
LAker_Legend
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
MJST wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
bigballer8 wrote:
Anyone upset with Lonzo balls performance? I'm sorta losing faith in him scoring.

Compare UCLA Lonzo to Laker Lonzo. He actually has plays run for him off the ball, and since he was the star player he actually gets the ball back. Ingram, Clarkson, and KCP are all selfish chuckers.

That is why a lot of people

again

When they wanted Lonzo they were imagining a back court of him and Russell. Because Russell allowed Lonzo to do all those things off ball.

By replacing him with KCP they've effectively taken about half of what made Lonzo so effective in both High School and especially at UCLA.

Trying to turn their non traditional guards, into traditional point guards seems to be a problem with our staff...

He has to figure it out and be more aggressive by attacking the rim. He was out of sync for most of the game and Portland's defense didn't have much to do with it.
He just had a bad game, he's a rookie, it happens. He will bounce back.

I think it's already well known that Lonzo's strength isn't as a scorer. But what concerns me is that he has ZERO confidence in his own shot, and blatantly passes up wide open shots and clear lanes to the rim. He will never get better as a scorer if he is flat out scared and embarrassed to shoot the ball. Maybe he has been listening to too much criticism about his unorthodox shooting style and his lack of scoring, but he seriously needs to get over it, and FAST.

Also, I don't like the way he just stands around flat footed on offense when he doesn't have the ball. It's not uncommon to see him just standing far away from all the action at the top of the key or in the far corner, just staring at everybody else on the court being active. I don't know if that's because he's really just that laid back, or because he is afraid the ball might come to him and he might actually have to shoot it. Maybe a it's a little of both, but dude has SERIOUS stage fright when it comes to shooting.

Lonzo doesn't have to shoot a ton of shots or put up a ton of points every night to be effective, but being afraid to EVER shoot the ball and actively avoiding any opportunity to do so really does take him out of the flow of the game a lot of times---especially as a point guard---to the point where Walton seems to be starting to just leave him on the bench more and for longer stretches, and I really can't say I blame him.
LAker_Legend
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject:

RichD wrote:

He is our starting point gaurd. When he is invisible he hurts the team. He is the face of the franchise going forward and he puts up these numbers. He is the reason we look lost.

This is EXACTLY what I mean. Having your starting point guard be passive and invisible for long stretches of the game, or even worse---for entire games---hurts the team more than anything else. Lonzo has shown flashes of greatness and there are some things that he does do well or better than expected. But overall, he is clearly "playing it safe" out there most of the time and it's starting to get frustrating and hard to take up for him when people say he is a bust.

Last edited by LAker_Legend on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

the refs were fine and definitely did not cost us the game - I would say our own missed free throws and bad shots down the stretch did

Blazers - 24/27 free throws
Lakers - 20/27 free throws

there's the difference right there
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject:

Awesome Game

we look so good and we were at Portland to boot. Super hard to win there.

This team is getting it together even thou it was a L it was great to build them up. It took a Curry Shot to win this game from the Lakers

Last edited by noahp45 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
governator wrote:

You mean Dame worked him defensively, right? I thought Lonzo did a great job defending Dame. It felt like most of his points were on other defenders and then BS fouls in 4Q.

Positive signs is the effort and just being in every game. Once they learn to close, they are going to be tough. It’s the right direction, get to 4-5 tonight and it’s not too bad of a start to the season.

Yeah, Dame worked every Laker defender last night for sure. A lil but surprised at how timid Lonzo was but maybe he was deferring cause Brook and Kuzma (KCP and BI too)got it going
This Lakers team is looking GOOD
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 84 of 85
Jump to: