2017 Fantasy Football Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject:

Ok, someone in my league, after a couple bad weeks, dropped Devin Funchess. With Kelvin gone, that should increase targets.

My receivers are:

Demaryius Thomas, Michael Thomas, Jarvis Landry, Sterling Shephard.

Thinking of dropping Landry for Funchess. Standard league (not PPR). Right move yeah? Landry is a possession receiver and now Devante is back.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Ok, someone in my league, after a couple bad weeks, dropped Devin Funchess. With Kelvin gone, that should increase targets.

My receivers are:

Thinking of dropping Landry for Funchess. Standard league (not PPR). Right move yeah? Landry is a possession receiver and now Devante is back.
My thing with Funchess is, he was getting the more targets than Kelvin before this trade. And he had Kelvin to take some attention away from him. And he did ok.. Now he'll still get a lot of targets and Kelvin wont be there to take attention from him. The panther receiver I like more after this trade is Curtis Samuel.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

Can’t believe no ones talking about the biggest NFL news of the season:

THE FLASH IS BACK BABY (maybe... and only for weeks 13-17)
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

My receivers are:

My thing with Funchess is, he was getting the more targets than Kelvin before this trade. And he had Kelvin to take some attention away from him. And he did ok.. Now he'll still get a lot of targets and Kelvin wont be there to take attention from him. The panther receiver I like more after this trade is Curtis Samuel.

That's a good call. And now he'll be going up against #1 corners I guess.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject:

DeShaun Watson suffers suspected torn ACL in practice today

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
DeShaun Watson suffers suspected torn ACL in practice today

Holy crap. Dagger in the heart to Houston fans immediately after the Astros win it.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

UGH, i got him in two leagues too.. but besides that, he is so exciting to watch. This season sucks. who's next?

hopefully he rehabs and comes back just as strong
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject:

This Ezekiel Elliott saga has become absurd. It's dragged on so long that now I doubt that I'll have him for the fantasy playoffs in a league where I have him and I'm 7-1. If the suspension had started this week, I could have had him for the semifinals and potentially the final. Now if it starts next week, at best I'm looking at having him for just a possible final only.

I do have Alfred Morris and Aaron Jones as alternatives, which should be able to get me through the regular season fine, but not having him for the playoffs might hurt me. I took him in the 2nd round in that league well aware that he'd likely miss 6 games, but I thought I'd be fine as long as he served the suspension and I'd have him back in time for the playoffs.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

Which of these two would you start in a half PPR league? Sterling Shepard @ SF or Robby Anderson @ TB?

And then of these 3 - Landry @ Car, Funchess vs Mia & Shepard, would you choose to start Shepard & Funchess?

Trying to plug in some wideouts in the leagues I have Mike Evans..
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Which of these two would you start in a half PPR league? Sterling Shepard @ SF or Robby Anderson @ TB?

And then of these 3 - Landry @ Car, Funchess vs Mia & Shepard, would you choose to start Shepard & Funchess?

Trying to plug in some wideouts in the leagues I have Mike Evans..

Anderson's been playing well, and I'd just prefer him over Shepard, because I'm not sure how much effort I'm going to get out of Giants players at this point. Great matchup for Anderson, too (though it's also a great matchup for Shepard).

I think Funchess is in a good spot, so I'd definitely play him, so then it comes down to Shepard or Landry. I'd go Landry for floor, Shepard for upside.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject:

Which one of these three do you start? I feel like you could make a case to sit or start each one. Alex Collins is due for a touchdown. Joe Mixon has been scoring and denver allowed four rushing TDs the last two weeks. Jamaal Williams should get plenty of work with Montgomery & Jones out.

Alex Collins @ GB
Joe Mixon @ Den
Jamaal Williams vs Bal
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Which one of these three do you start? I feel like you could make a case to sit or start each one. Alex Collins is due for a touchdown. Joe Mixon has been scoring and denver allowed four rushing TDs the last two weeks. Jamaal Williams should get plenty of work with Montgomery & Jones out.

Alex Collins @ GB
Joe Mixon @ Den
Jamaal Williams vs Bal

I have a feeling that Baltimore can fix its run defense a bit coming off its bye, Williams hasn't looked good at any point since the start of the preseason, and GB should really struggle to move the ball on Sunday. You're basically hoping for a goal-line TD to save his fantasy day. Since I expect the Ravens to win and experience positive game script, I like Collins more than Williams for sure, and Collins has outplayed Williams anyway. So it comes down to Collins or Mixon for me. I know that Denver has been bad the past two weeks, but that was against two of the best offenses in the league (Philly and New England). The Bengals' offensive line has been a disaster this season, too. Mixon does at least give you some hope that he can catch some passes, I guess.

I think I'd go Collins, but I agree with you that this is not an obvious call. In PPR it would be a little more justifiable to go with Mixon, though I'd still go with Collins there too.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Alex Collins @ GB
Joe Mixon @ Den
Jamaal Williams vs Bal

I have a feeling that Baltimore can fix its run defense a bit coming off its bye, Williams hasn't looked good at any point since the start of the preseason, and GB should really struggle to move the ball on Sunday. You're basically hoping for a goal-line TD to save his fantasy day. Since I expect the Ravens to win and experience positive game script, I like Collins more than Williams for sure, and Collins has outplayed Williams anyway. So it comes down to Collins or Mixon for me. I know that Denver has been bad the past two weeks, but that was against two of the best offenses in the league (Philly and New England). The Bengals' offensive line has been a disaster this season, too. Mixon does at least give you some hope that he can catch some passes, I guess.

I think I'd go Collins, but I agree with you that this is not an obvious call. In PPR it would be a little more justifiable to go with Mixon, though I'd still go with Collins there too.
I was thinking about Collins too until i found out that both Danny Woodhead and Terrance West will be returning this week. Add Buck Allen and it becomes a tossup. Haha might just draw out of a hat to see who gets the start
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Alex Collins @ GB
Joe Mixon @ Den
Jamaal Williams vs Bal

I was thinking about Collins too until i found out that both Danny Woodhead and Terrance West will be returning this week. Add Buck Allen and it becomes a tossup. Haha might just draw out of a hat to see who gets the start

And I just read that their best offensive lineman, left tackle Ronnie Stanley, is doubtful with a concussion. I think that, along with the possible returns of Woodhead and West, muddies that situation enough to where I might just go ahead and play Mixon (or Williams, whom you know at least will get the work).
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Pick two. Ppr. Marquise Lee, Vernon Davis (Jordan Reed is out,) Jared Cook
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Pick two. Ppr. Marquise Lee, Vernon Davis (Jordan Reed is out,) Jared Cook

I like both TE's. Lee would ordinarily be my first choice this week, given the excellent matchup, but watch the weather report. It's probably going to snow, and with 25+ MPH winds possible. If the weather looks bad enough, I might just play both TE's. If it looks OK and you play Lee, I think it's a flip of the coin at TE.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject:

A QB desperate team I played against last week started Peterman (he had Tyrod and Rodgers on IR). He lost by 1.3 points. Peterman was a -1.96.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
A QB desperate team I played against last week started Peterman (he had Tyrod and Rodgers on IR). He lost by 1.3 points. Peterman was a -1.96.

Oh man that's rough. But honestly, he's lucky your league's scoring isn't such that it was worse.

In the LG league, Peterman was a -6.96, and in my other league, he was a -13 (!!!)
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

In a standard league, I have Ajayi, Morris, Dion Lewis, McCaffrey, Darkwa, Collins, and Henry. Just call me the RB2/flex play king lol.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject:

I'm 5-6 in my league at the moment, desperately clinging on to the final playoff spot

I got Fournette, Peterson, Cohen, Mixon, Doug Martin as my RBs. Will play 3 this week as my WR depth isn't great - who should I start?

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject:

^
I'd probably go with Fournette, AP, and Martin. Fournette is a must-start, and AP is still getting enough work to where I'd probably trot him out there among these choices. Martin and Mixon have basically been equally dreadful lately (3.1 YPC for Martin and 2.9 YPC for Mixon), but Martin's matchup is slightly better, so I'll say him. But if you think the fact that the Bengals are 8 point favorites bodes well for game script for Mixon, I could see the logic there. But both guys are struggling. Cohen hadn't been seeing the field much for weeks before last week, and their game against Philly could be a blowout, but your guess is as good as mine as to how the coaches there plan to use him.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

In my other non-LG league I have Antonio Brown, Adam Thielen, TY Hilton, Keenan Allen and Jamison Crowder as my wideouts.

I went back and forth on who to sit and start. At the last minute I sat Allen and Crowder. Started the other 3. Antonio and TY need to come up big for me or I'm going to be kicking myself all week.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
In my other non-LG league I have Antonio Brown, Adam Thielen, TY Hilton, Keenan Allen and Jamison Crowder as my wideouts.

I went back and forth on who to sit and start. At the last minute I sat Allen and Crowder. Started the other 3. Antonio and TY need to come up big for me or I'm going to be kicking myself all week.

Still kicking myself for dropping Crowder after week 6
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Cam Newton @ NYJ

or

Matt Ryan vs. TB

???
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Cam Newton @ NYJ

or

Matt Ryan vs. TB

???

I might go Ryan here, but I can't blame you if you choose Newton. With Cam's rushing potential, he always has a bit more upside, I suppose. But TB's secondary is so putrid (look at what Matt Moore did last week) that Ryan should have a lot of upside here too, while also having a safe floor at home in a dome in this matchup.

I guess my official answer is Ryan, and I do think he's safer. But Cam always offers immense upside.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22
Jump to: