NETS -at- LAKERS - 11/26 - Thoughts and :-)) ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject:

[quote="JM"]
encina1 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
The team trusts Kwame more, which is obvious after the last few games. But not only that, but I think Drew could stand to do more of the little things as Kwame does. .

Kwame was the difference last night (albeit all chipped in.) Ifyou check out the slo-mo shots of him shooting,however, he still cannot grip the ball easily.

Who was it that used to fumble in football all the time? The coach then forced him to carry a football with him all the time, even going as far as sleeping with it. Maybe the Lakers need to do this with Kwame? But with a basketball rather than a football.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:

Did you see Kwame's face up game emerge? That drive from the high post looked like the young Kwame from Washington.

Now that his hammy's healthy he's not reluctant to go for blocks, he had two, and he's rebounding like a monster. Seeing that athletic drive around Collins<?> brings back the vision of how dominant the Lakers can be with a mature and fully developed Bynum at C and Kwame at PF.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kwame slowly dusting off his highpost game. Because of Bynum's development, I wouldn't expect to see Kwame step into a PF starting lineup until 2008 though. It will take that long before Bynum can log enough minutes to hold down the fort at C for starters minutes. I think next year Kwame and Bynum will be our two headed monster at C, then the following year we could see Kwame at PF for what will arguably be the biggest best front court in the league for many years to come.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject:

Nice bounce back game. It would've been easy to let down after that emotionally draining loss at Utah (look what happened to them in their next game).

Kwame has been playing more like what he was envisioned to be. His power game and footwork in the post have been impressive. Now that he's healthy, his energy and activity has increased. Last year, it seemed like he was glued to the floor. Now, he's showing some real springs and starting to block shots.

JoFar came back to level off Williams after the Net torched us in the 1st half. JoFar is not shy about taking shots in the 4th - a big, big asset. Love the way he didn't allow himself to get picked on a couple of defensive sequences. Quick feet, desire, intelligence and no fear - what more can anyone ask.

Finally, gotta give props to Smushie who put together a quality game himself. Our PG matchup with JKidd was a push instead of a one-sided affair.
ofticated22
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject:

went to the game. overall i had fun:), but damn...i felt like the entire team had too much turkey over the weekend, especially kobe.

PS: laker girls are hot
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Agreed on every point.

I thought Kobe encouraged the standing around by coming out overly-aggressive early in the ballgame. He took a few shots that were just completely outside of the flow of the game, and when he does that, no matter how much they may say otherwise, that still puts a seed of doubt in his teammates' minds as to whether Kobe is going to pass to them when they cut later in the game.

If Kobe wants the guys to not stand around when he has the ball, he has to continue hitting them for passes. The more a guy gets the pass when he cuts, the more likely he is to continue cutting.

So, just continue showing trust, and that problem should rectify itself by playoff time.
Kobe has a way of taking the joy out of the game sometimes. Last night was one of them. It was like he was playing angry again. I hate it when he does that.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
The team trusts Kwame more, which is obvious after the last few games. But not only that, but I think Drew could stand to do more of the little things as Kwame does. He doesn't A) fight for position hard enough at times, often choosing to go through the motions of getting post position and B) focusing on his rebounding and overall defensive energy.

OMG, I never thought I'd live to see this day -- when we are hoping a young player patterns his focus and intensity on that of KWAME BROWN?!?

MIM
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject:

karlmalonefan wrote:
Kobe has a way of taking the joy out of the game sometimes. Last night was one of them. It was like he was playing angry again. I hate it when he does that.

He sure has a hell of a way of putting the joy in the game 98.213% of the time, too.
CorkyTomjanovich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
I got frustrated by this game. They had no answer for the rookie Williams. Quick 14 points, I think, in the first half. I am surprised the Nets didn't go to him more in the second half.

But the Lakers remained cool, played their game, and wound up winning.

Smush is player of the game. Walton, Kwame, and Farmar all had great games, but Smush's clutch steal off Kidd and some big shots he hit were a huge catalyst for the team.

I also think Kobe tried too hard at times on the offensive end. He was relying too much on the refs to bail him out, to get foul calls, but they just weren't coming.

Smush player of the game. Hell no.

Player of the game was probably Kwame.
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:

^while smush had some key plays and generally played well,

Kwame gets the POG.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Re: LO
Lakers are getting better at using him, especially when there are mismatches - though not enough. Tonight he had Collins at the top of the circle where he can take advantage of the situation at any time - this wasn't used as much, though at least they recognized it. Any reason(s) why they didn't take more advantage of this?
Hoop IQ and dealing with a lot of zone. If you notice on a lot of those sequences with LO up top, that was simply our spread the floor and attack set. Not any Tri set. Their best bet was to run some ball reversals to get the ball back to him at the top of the key to work off the weakside pinch post with speed. They did that twice, I think. Five or six more times would have been nice. That long three by LO early in the shot clock was a perfect example of when it could have been used.
Agreed that it was an increased "Hoop IQ" of knowing when to work on some "Iso" plays with LO at the top of key - especially since the Nets decided to have Collins guard him. They could have, as you had stated, milked in much more to a greater effect. As the Lakers (and LO) realize that LO can be player - because of his multiple skills, especially for a person of his length - that teams fear, teams will start to wonder how they will match-up with LO (instead of vice-versa). With LO, Kobe doing his thing, Luke setting the table/3 point shooting, Bynum/Kwame getting boards and Smush doing (uhh, don't know what we expect from him) - along with having a much deeper team - the Lakers could soon be a team that others fear
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject:

Our post players are developing nicely.

You can already see Bynum starting to tire. He's having trouble maintaining his energy as you'd expect from a play who's still basically a rookie in terms of actual minutes played. So I like that they are still limiting his minutes and that Kwame is coming along splendedly.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kwame takes back his starter spot eventually, but at least he'd have earned it with great play.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
karlmalonefan wrote:

He sure has a hell of a way of putting the joy in the game 98.213% of the time, too.
Agreed...I did say sometimes. Nice job as always with the breakdown, DB.
Alpha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

thanks db! darn dvdr (or the owner) didn't program correctly and i missed the game. :roll:
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: