View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhazz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

The reason DLO had so much support is because of garbage takes like this that people had to keep refuting.

So you thought DLO played well?

Would you trade him straight up for Kuzma?

The battle is over, you guys lost.

LOL, lost what? The spin battle that you guys are trying so hard on?

I will always defend D'lo just because of the fact that the certain parts of the "fan base" and the front office dumped on him so hard. He's a good player with a potential to be great. I've been a lakers fan for 27+ years now and when I see people hating on former Lakers this hard it genuinely hurts my feelings because we pretend to be NBA royalty and that implies we're above petty garbage like this. He had a bad game for sure but to sit here and crap on this kid is beyond stupid. We're acting exactly the way bitter ass fans of other teams act and it's what we made fun of them in the past. Be happy we're on the right track and refrain from the sheer bitterness that's being displayed over the last few seasons. We're acting exactly the way that other teams fans have been portraying us for years.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

The Lakers would have taken Kuz at 28 if they hadn't at 27. The only way you can make that argument is to assume Brooklyn takes Kuz on their own without the Lakers directing them on who to pick. He wasn't that highly regarded on draft day, it's a stretch to think Kuz would have been gone one slot later than we took him.

And yes there are a lot of garbage takes. I for one was rooting against DLO and for the Lakers all game. I'm glad we won, I'm glad we played good D, and I'm glad we held Russell under his season average. But I find very little to respect in the comments shown by most of the posters who seem to enjoy going to war over such a petty topic.

I took a month suspension just because some "experts" here misread Russell's talent.

I don't forget.

If you actually understand basketball which you may or may not, you will realize high volume shooting bad defense matadors needs to hit at a high percentage and/or get to the line a ton or they are losing players.

Cheers!

Good thing Russell's been doing more of that this year up until this game. Good for the Nets, anyway.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
adkindo wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
romanaztec wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Zo plus 24. Zero TOs

Meaningless.

Only to you.

the same guys that said it meant nothing the first 6 games are now holding it up as the end all be all of statistics...

Zero turnovers means something especially for the PG. highest plus minus and zero turnovers both games is showing that he is still having a positive impact. Never said it was the end all be all of stats. Stop generalizing. The stats matter as well.

I could care less how you or anyone else feels about it....just saying if it is important to you tonight, it should have been important to you last week as well as next week......in general, I personally appreciate +/- as long are it is viewed with context....like sharing the court minutes with two guys that went off and had monster games (Lopez & Kuzma).

I believe it was important in those games as well. He’s taking care of the ball in the last two games which he wasn’t doing earlier in the season which is a plus. Low turnovers gives our defense time to setup. That should help our plus minus.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

The reason DLO had so much support is because of garbage takes like this that people had to keep refuting.

So you thought DLO played well?

Would you trade him straight up for Kuzma?

The battle is over, you guys lost.

LOL, lost what? The spin battle that you guys are trying so hard on?

So would you trade him straight up for Kuzma or not?

You mean does he have more trade value around the league? Probably. I think he and Kuzma would play really well together which is what would have happened if we didn't make the trade. It would have also put Lonzo into a more natural role for him so that he doesn't have to shoot 3-15. Would have been a great fit across the board especially when they all hit their primes together.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

You have to realize that at this point, only you and like two or three other posters actually believe keeping Russell would've prevented us from taking Kuzma with the #28.

Spin Control to Major Tom (aka pjiddy)
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
Ground Control to Major Tom (ten, nine, eight, seven, six)
Commencing countdown, engines on (five, four, three)
Check ignition and may God's love be with you (two, one, liftoff)

Good luck Sir!
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject:

I'm wondering where all of those FO haters are...I'm 100% sure that if DLO went off for 40 on 15-20 shooting they would be here having a "Our FO sucks" fest.

Everybody loses, it's ok Pro DLO guys....the important part of life is handling defeat with dignity. Don't dare say that DLO had a good game, he was terrible as he was most of his stay here. Just admit it and save some face. Embarrassing for sure.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
I'm wondering where all of those FO haters are...I'm 100% sure that if DLO went off for 40 on 15-20 shooting they would be here having a "Our FO sucks" fest.

Everybody loses, it's ok Pro DLO guys....the important part of life is handling defeat with dignity. Don't dare say that DLO had a good game, he was terrible as he was most of his stay here. Just admit it and save some face. Embarrassing for sure.

Right here, soaking up your garbage takes.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
adkindo wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
adkindo wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
romanaztec wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Zo plus 24. Zero TOs

Meaningless.

Only to you.

the same guys that said it meant nothing the first 6 games are now holding it up as the end all be all of statistics...

Zero turnovers means something especially for the PG. highest plus minus and zero turnovers both games is showing that he is still having a positive impact. Never said it was the end all be all of stats. Stop generalizing. The stats matter as well.

I could care less how you or anyone else feels about it....just saying if it is important to you tonight, it should have been important to you last week as well as next week......in general, I personally appreciate +/- as long are it is viewed with context....like sharing the court minutes with two guys that went off and had monster games (Lopez & Kuzma).

I believe it was important in those games as well. He’s taking care of the ball in the last two games which he wasn’t doing earlier in the season which is a plus. Low turnovers gives our defense time to setup. That should help our plus minus.

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Why do people keep saying that trading Dlo gave us Kuzma? We would’ve still got him at 28 And No the nets weren’t going to pick Kuzma if they kept the pick.
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

Right here, soaking up your garbage takes.

Yep - cause who we gonna believe -- them or our own eyes. SMH.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:

Its still a questionable trade until they land a Max player. FO didn't really prove anything other than spout of some (bleep) about "Leadership".
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:

hey, I just found the most ridiculous post on LG
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

Man that love goes deep. Deeper than purple and gold I guess.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

0514 wrote:
Why do people keep saying that trading Dlo gave us Kuzma? We would’ve still got him at 28 And No the nets weren’t going to pick Kuzma if they kept the pick.

cause Kuzma is really good, and by including him it strengthens their desired narrative....it's little more than a futile exercise in "wagging the dog"....
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Man it feels good to be a gangsta... 🕶

And win.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:
Lakers won that trade -- I hope DLO has fun in Brooklyn. That chapter is officially closed.

It won't close until we see how we use the main thing we traded him for--cap space.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

I'm busy tonight and can't make the QFTOS, so hopefully someone else can do us all a solid!
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
cooleggs wrote:
Lakers won that trade -- I hope DLO has fun in Brooklyn. That chapter is officially closed.

It won't close until we see how we use the main thing we traded him for--cap space.

for some anyways...
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Russell played just as I remembered him

Was invisible if he wasnt scoring. I dont miss that

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

Man that love goes deep. Deeper than purple and gold I guess.

no, it's just anyone with a remote clue of basketball, especially NBA basketball would know by now that DLo was performing at a historical level as a PG at his age.....that's not an opinion....it is just a pure fact based on production. I have heard Zach Lowe speak about it....Cole Swicker....Sam Vecenie many times dove into DLo's production to illustrate this point....as well as other respected basketball analysts.

that is why this post is ridiculous....
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

You have to realize that at this point, only you and like two or three other posters actually believe keeping Russell would've prevented us from taking Kuzma with the #28.

Spin Control to Major Tom (aka Lanny)
Spin Control to Major Tom (aka Lanny)
I was wrong we would've picked Kuzma 28th,

Good luck Sir!
fify
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Take your protein pills and put your helmet on

Good luck Sir!

It would've taken half the effort of that unfunny whatever that is to answer how many Lakers would you take before a single DLO teammate?

Or show a single source saying the Nets were gonna take Kuzma for themselves if we didn't trade them Russell (actually this is not true, since you'd spend the rest of your life finding one).
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

pjiddy wrote:
cooleggs wrote:

Do you see how we're playing? Some free-agent's going to take that money. And DLO ceiling is very evident.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

pkflyers wrote:

7 boards, 7 assists, 3 steals.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

pkflyers wrote:

Russell -6, Lonzo +22 Plus/Minus in a 12 point Laker win
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 75 of 77
Jump to: