Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 413, 414, 415 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
That Rockhold UFC Card was one of the best all-round FREE shows, really good fights...!

I guess Rockhold will get the winner of the GSP v. Bisbing fight, and hopefully he will beat them..

Robert Whitaker is the interim champion. Rockhold will have to wait unless Whitaker is injured for a long time

yup.. I wish it was just Rockhold v Whittaker!!! It may end up being that next though, because Bisping says he may retire after GSP.
Rockhold v Whittaker would be amaaaazing. Gimmie that for the new years card.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
That Rockhold UFC Card was one of the best all-round FREE shows, really good fights...!

I guess Rockhold will get the winner of the GSP v. Bisbing fight, and hopefully he will beat them..

Robert Whitaker is the interim champion. Rockhold will have to wait unless Whitaker is injured for a long time

yup.. I wish it was just Rockhold v Whittaker!!! It may end up being that next though, because Bisping says he may retire after GSP.
Rockhold v Whittaker would be amaaaazing. Gimmie that for the new years card.

He did? I could def see Bisping doing that! It would be the ultimate troll to Rockhold that Bisping would love! Cuz Rockhold wants his revenge so badly haha.

I think Whitaker would give Rockhold the business but it would be an exciting fight! Rockhold looked shaky in standup against Branch. Although that could have been ring rust since he's been out of action for 1.5 years.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject:

Kevin Lee misses weight.

Oh damn.

He has to be cleared by doctors to try and lose one pound.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Kevin Lee misses weight.

Oh damn.

He just made it on attempt #2.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Kevin Lee misses weight.

Oh damn.

Freaking A, man!!

I was like, "NOOOOOO. NOT AGAIN!!!!"

Tony Ferguson was probably crapping his pants. That would have been two of his biggest fights in a row being lost.

Who you got? I think Tony get him.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Kevin Lee misses weight.

Oh damn.

Freaking A, man!!

Tony Ferguson was probably crapping his pants. That would have been two of his biggest fights in a row being lost.

Ya I got Tony. Not sure Tony doesn't make him look stupid, dance around him and (bleep) him up. Lol
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Kevin Lee misses weight.

Oh damn.

Freaking A, man!!

Ya I got Tony. Not sure Tony doesn't make him look stupid, dance around him and (bleep) him up. Lol

Tony is one scary dude. I think Kevin Lee can eventually make it to the top but he's not quite ready for someone like Tony yet. You never know though...I honestly though Cody Garbrandt was too young/not ready for Dom but he won decisively.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

I got Tony too, I would like to see him against McGregor...!

Last edited by unleasHell on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Kevin Lee misses weight.

Oh damn.

Freaking A, man!!

Tony is one scary dude. I think Kevin Lee can eventually make it to the top but he's not quite ready for someone like Tony yet. You never know though...I honestly though Cody Garbrandt was too young/not ready for Dom but he won decisively.

Exactly, don't think he's ready BUT, look what Cody did.. I think Nguannu is the "unready" guy who can actually take a belt right now, Lee ain't it, don't think..
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Kevin Lee misses weight.

Oh damn.

Freaking A, man!!

Exactly, don't think he's ready BUT, look what Cody did.. I think Nguannu is the "unready" guy who can actually take a belt right now, Lee ain't it, don't think..

Kevin Lee is supposed to have a long reach so that'll be something that may help him. I just don't know if he has the power and, as you both pointed out, the experience. His wrestling is strong when he gets stunned but that's also Tony's strength too. So I tend to think this fight stays on the feet quite a bit and Ferguson is just so creative with his attack and has unreal stamina so smart money is on him. Should be a good one.

Francis Ngannou is the guy, I think, that's got a chance to have a Heavyweight reign. Just ungodly raw talent that's being refined at a rapid rate. It's just a matter of time.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Lee with ah ell of a showing. Wonder how much the staph infection affected him (if he had it as Joe alluded to). You could see him fatiguing.

Ferguson is an animal, he just keeps coming.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I got Tony too, I would like to see him against McGregor...!

Tony said this too...!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject:

El Cucuy seals the deal. Staph infection and they let Kevin Lee fight??? It's neither been clinically proven nor disproven that they are contagious but stil, dayum.

Lee did nothing but help himself here. He gutted it out, took some serious arm bar pain and hung tough to the bitter end battling against one of the division's most dangerous mofos. And he was even classy and gracious in defeat. Nothing but aces for Lee moving forward from here.

For his part, Ferguson battled himself one abnormally strong (for the weight division) and tough dude and did damage from every angle. Stand up, in the clinch, on the bottom. This guys is dangerous. Even when Lee was doing his best, you could see him staggering back to his corner to end round two. Tony is a load. Stylistically, I'd love to see him go up against McG but I doubt that happens. I guess the question now is, what's next? Khabib makes sense because there's unfinished business there but I don't know if that's a money fight. Just glad a main event lived up to the hype.

Mighty wins and breaks the record. Question is: does anyone care?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
El Cucuy seals the deal. Staph infection and they let Kevin Lee fight??? It's neither been clinically proven nor disproven that they are contagious but stil, dayum.

Lee did nothing but help himself here. He gutted it out, took some serious arm bar pain and hung tough to the bitter end battling against one of the division's most dangerous mofos. And he was even classy and gracious in defeat. Nothing but aces for Lee moving forward from here.

For his part, Ferguson battled himself one abnormally strong (for the weight division) and tough dude and did damage from every angle. Stand up, in the clinch, on the bottom. This guys is dangerous. Even when Lee was doing his best, you could see him staggering back to his corner to end round two. Tony is a load. Stylistically, I'd love to see him go up against McG but I doubt that happens. I guess the question now is, what's next? Khabib makes sense because there's unfinished business there but I don't know if that's a money fight. Just glad a main event lived up to the hype.

Mighty wins and breaks the record. Question is: does anyone care?

honestly, no one really does. It'll only be celebrated right now.. lol. No one will care about the huge accomplishment in a week.

It was a great night of fights. Werdum was impressive, then MM's ridiculous submission, and an action packed main event. Lee really looked good, earned my respect.
Badly wanna see Tony v Conor
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject:

Nobody cares about Demetrious. To be honest he isn't particularly likeable, and pretty boring most of the time.

Thought Ferguson v Lee was a good fight, just Tony is a bit better right now, but Lee will be back if he keeps his head up.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Lee mentioned afterward that he might move up in weight since the cut was so rough for him. Idk if he should do that. I’m not sure he could make it through the welterweight division to get to Woodley.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject:

UFC 217 boys! Biggest card of the year...who do you guys got?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Way to get the party started, JB!!

This card is noice. I'm juiced. Gigging on Saturday night so I'll have to watch on replay. But this has some serious heat on it. As far as predictions go ...

It's very difficult for me not to think the game has passed GSP by. Then again, even though Bisping is one game and scrappy overachieving mofo, the whole MMA community knows he's really just an easy mark. It's the very reason why GSP came back at all. This could go so many ways. Wouldn't be surprised to see some fireworks or a long and boring fight here. But my gut tells me the simplest answer is usually the right one and that means Pierre goes predictably with his strengths. But because he's the bigger guy, I'll take the count here. Reluctantly.

Garbrandt/Dillashaw is the main event for me. Even though it's a grudge match that's been years in the making, I'm expecting a technical fight more than a barn burner, especially early on. They just know each other so well and TJ has learned to fight more like Cruz since their scrap. Although, at some point, I think they'll take a risk and just throw down to see who the badder man is and if and when that happens, I got No Love. But again, wouldn't be shocked either way.

I don't think I'll ever take anyone against Joanna Champion again. And I am a BIG fan of Thug Rose. Love how she's flown under the radar the past few years and steadily matured into this title shot. But it's just the Champ's time now and for a while. She's on a whole other level. I actually worry a little bit for Rose because she could be in for a world of brutal pain by a thousand deadly strikes and I don't want her to be hurt too badly (physically or psychologically) because I think Thug’s day will come. It's just too soon right now. Namajunas has great technique and is rangy for sure but Joanna is the energizer bunny with unreal snap and precision in her striking game and way too varied and unpredictable with her attack. It could be a long and punishing evening. I don't see how Rose competes in a striking match unless she's able to keep the champ out of range. But she doesn't have that kind of dominant jab to do that and I don't see how the challenger gets hold of the champ long enough to even attempt a submission so I wouldn't be surprised to see this one end with the white towel being mercifully thrown in.

I got Wonderboy over Mas. Jorge can throw them things but I don't see how he gets into range against Thompson. I think Thompson carves him up.

Looking forward to watching how Corey Anderson fares against OSP and Gall is an interesting prospect.

Who you got?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Way to get the party started, JB!!

This card is noice. I'm juiced. Gigging on Saturday night so I'll have to watch on replay. But this has some serious heat on it. As far as predictions go ...

It's very difficult for me not to think the game has passed GSP by. Then again, even though Bisping is one game and scrappy overachieving mofo, the whole MMA community knows he's really just an easy mark. It's the very reason why GSP came back at all. This could go so many ways. Wouldn't be surprised to see some fireworks or a long and boring fight here. But my gut tells me the simplest answer is usually the right one and that means Pierre goes predictably with his strengths. But because he's the bigger guy, I'll take the count here. Reluctantly.

Garbrandt/Dillashaw is the main event for me. Even though it's a grudge match that's been years in the making, I'm expecting a technical fight more than a barn burner, especially early on. They just know each other so well and TJ has learned to fight more like Cruz since their scrap. Although, at some point, I think they'll take a risk and just throw down to see who the badder man is and if and when that happens, I got No Love. But again, wouldn't be shocked either way.

I don't think I'll ever take anyone against Joanna Champion again. And I am a BIG fan of Thug Rose. Love how she's flown under the radar the past few years and steadily matured into this title shot. But it's just the Champ's time now and for a while. She's on a whole other level. I actually worry a little bit for Rose because she could be in for a world of brutal pain by a thousand deadly strikes and I don't want her to be hurt too badly (physically or psychologically) because I think Thug’s day will come. It's just too soon right now. Namajunas has great technique and is rangy for sure but Joanna is the energizer bunny with unreal snap and precision in her striking game and way too varied and unpredictable with her attack. It could be a long and punishing evening. I don't see how Rose competes in a striking match unless she's able to keep the champ out of range. But she doesn't have that kind of dominant jab to do that and I don't see how the challenger gets hold of the champ long enough to even attempt a submission so I wouldn't be surprised to see this one end with the white towel being mercifully thrown in.

I got Wonderboy over Mas. Jorge can throw them things but I don't see how he gets into range against Thompson. I think Thompson carves him up.

Looking forward to watching how Corey Anderson fares against OSP and Gall is an interesting prospect.

Who you got?

I just have a couple of quick ones:

Joanna Champ
vs Rose - I got Joanna because she's a gd beast. With that said, well...you've all read my posts on Rhonda. Talent pool just so low. So, sow low. Joanna is an AMAZING striker but you know...Yeah, she's going decision win someone that in 2 years that's going to be "wha-what? she was the #1 contender?".

Jonny Hendricks vs the Other guy - Hendricks is done. He's another USADA victime. (bleep) him.

Wonderboy vs Masvidal - Wow..for me this is a pick'em. Wonderboy is the best striker in space in the UFC by FAR. If he's a 10, the next person ia a 7. The key word is in space. I think Masvidal is dynamic enough to close and do damage... I can't make a pick on this one...I think it's so even...

GSP vs Bisping - I got Bisping. Bisping gets a lot of crap but his losses have come to verified (bleep) that were juiced to the (bleep). That's not even the reason why I have him. It's just the factr that his size and skill is a match for a guy that's MUCH smaller than him. Add to that GSP's 4 year layoff and I got Bisping. Either one gets anniilated by Whittaker.

Cody vs TJ - Tome this is the real main event. Damn. I can't make a pick. I go back and forth. If I made a pick, it'd be one of those where I'm just flipping a coin. That's just silly. Either way. I will say this...TJ by decision or Cody by TKO/KO.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

Bisping,
Cody,
Wonderboy

Don't care about female fighters and Hendricks needs to join Bellator...
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

I got TJ by decision, GSP by decision, and Joanna by stoppage.

Give me Wonderboy by stoppage too.

Going for GSP, I don't think that much of Bisping, and though he's been gone for a long time, GSP has always been very good at game planning and taking away wha the other person does well. Still think GSP will be strong enough to take Bisping down.

TJ vs Cody should be good, Cody will come out trying to knock TJ's head off, but longer it goes more he'll get tired and TJ is a smart fighter who will pick his spots to score points.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Thinking about buying this tonight!

Some exciting fights for sure and it’ll be stress free for me since I’m not a big fan of any of the fighters
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject:

OSP with a vintage Cro Cop LHK
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject:

GSP, Cody, Joanna.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject:

This Costa guy is a freaking beast
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 413, 414, 415 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 414 of 499
Jump to: