2017 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 340, 341, 342

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I know nothing about baseball, but just curious as to why they started Darvish and not Kershaw.

I thought Kershaw was the #1 so why wouldnt you go with that instead of the newly acquired guy?

It's like the season we acquired Gasol, I'd want Kobe taking that last shot, not Pau.

Kershaw was only on 2 days rest instead of the usual 4 days rest. If they aren’t fully rested they are more likely to have a bad night.

With that said I would have started him in games 4 and 7 instead of games 5 and 7. This gives him an extra day of rest before the final game.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

TMZ Sports caught up with Darvish today....I dunno why he still has a translator, he speaks pretty good english.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
F$# Houston, non sports tradition rich cities like Houston, Cleveland don't deserve any type of champions.

Forget Houston, they were just trying to win like we were. I just don't understand why Darvish started game 7, after he was eaten alive by Houston in the previous game.

I can already visualize the "Houston Strong" 30-for-30 documentary that will chronicle this World Series.

To be expected after having a major disaster then winning for the first time in decades.

As far as the success vs Darvish, gotta remember we were comfy wth him from his Ranger days.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
“It’s not that I’m such great patriot. I was in the Navy for a year — didn’t go anywhere, didn’t do anything — but I have overwhelming respect and admiration for anyone who puts on a uniform and goes to war. The only thing I can do in my little way is not to preach. I will never watch another NFL game.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/vin-scully-will-never-watch-another-nfl-game-due-protests-174838867.html

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
We basically gave away all 4 wins to Houston:

Game 2: pulled our starter and asked too much from bullpen/closer. Blows save to go up 2-0.

Game 3: Darvish sucks/tips pitches, Dave refuses to take him out before things get out of hand.

Game 5: Kershaw chokes 2 separate leads away, a total of 7 runs.

Game 7: Dave decides to do the same thing as game 3, Darvish is even worse.

No wonder Houston was so confident about game 7 - aside from being a great offensive team already - they were facing a guy that they knew every pitch he was going to throw.

Dodgers made too many mistakes and it cost them the title. I thought they were way too happy after game 6 which was a bad sign.

ive been saying since the series ended the series had loss written all over it since game 2, if we were meant to win it we would have done the job.. as we had done in the previous 2 rounds

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject:

I thought using Morrow in game 5 was a big mistake. He was worn out and gave up 4 runs, which turned an 8-7 lead in the 7th into an 11-8 deficit. Dodgers were on their heels the rest of the game and the rest of the series.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
We basically gave away all 4 wins to Houston:

Game 2: pulled our starter and asked too much from bullpen/closer. Blows save to go up 2-0.

Game 3: Darvish sucks/tips pitches, Dave refuses to take him out before things get out of hand.

Game 5: Kershaw chokes 2 separate leads away, a total of 7 runs.

Game 7: Dave decides to do the same thing as game 3, Darvish is even worse.

No wonder Houston was so confident about game 7 - aside from being a great offensive team already - they were facing a guy that they knew every pitch he was going to throw.

Dodgers made too many mistakes and it cost them the title. I thought they were way too happy after game 6 which was a bad sign.

ive been saying since the series ended the series had loss written all over it since game 2, if we were meant to win it we would have done the job.. as we had done in the previous 2 rounds

Looking back on this just sucks now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 340, 341, 342
Page 342 of 342
Jump to: