General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 442, 443, 444 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Quote:
Overall, the fight was definitely entertaining and worth watching. That was a PPV worth buying,just for the main event.

Yeah, the under card wasn't all that entertaining.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

does no one care about SOG retiring by writing a Kobe-esque letter??
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:

As much as I love the dude, his career really didn't knock me over. Hall of Fame worthy for sure but Tim Duncanesque. You look up and Dancan has a "quiet" 25/20/6/5.

Same with SOG. Even his wins versus Kovalev were suspect.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Quote:
Overall, the fight was definitely entertaining and worth watching. That was a PPV worth buying,just for the main event.

Yeah, the under card wasn't all that entertaining.

Jo Jo Diaz got 200k for his bout. Cousin de la Hoya got about 80 racks. After Canelo, that GBP roster is very thin. Canelo could probably promote himself and save a lot of lootage. Money going to Oscar and Hopkins would go to him.

Dude got 5M base from that fight.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject:

Ben Vereen wrote:
for the past 20 years I've never seen a decent score ever by Adalade Byrd. EVER.

She's not a bad judge. Most judges have a moment or two when they have pretty shaky cards. Hers just happen to be in a couple high profile fights. And this is one where that can't happen especially when this fight was the fight boxing fans wanted to see and the fight that would "save boxing."

As far as the fight goes, a couple early swing rounds, Golovkin dominanted the middle and made Canelo eat that jab. Canelo showed heart late. I flew in on Saturday, was at the fight, and flew back Sunday morning. Wasn't upset with the decision but I had Golovkin 7-5. Could have been 8-4 to 6-6 but Byrd's card was brutal.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Why did they suspend her? Dirty Bob Bennett said she just had a bad day at the office. NSAC is corrupt to the core. Seriously what is needed is to get a fire breathing federal prosecutor with RICO experience to put a few of these clowns in front of a grand jury under oath.

If it really was a fix in, her scores wouldn't have been 118-110. They would have been much closer so the attention wouldn't have been drawn to her. Really just don't see what she saw. She saw Alvarez winning 10 of 12 rounds
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

As much as I love the dude, his career really didn't knock me over. Hall of Fame worthy for sure but Tim Duncanesque. You look up and Dancan has a "quiet" 25/20/6/5.

Same with SOG. Even his wins versus Kovalev were suspect.

maybe that first one is debatable.. but he clearly won that 2nd fight.

is he just pulling a floyd and hyping himself for a comeback?
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Why did they suspend her? Dirty Bob Bennett said she just had a bad day at the office. NSAC is corrupt to the core. Seriously what is needed is to get a fire breathing federal prosecutor with RICO experience to put a few of these clowns in front of a grand jury under oath.

If it really was a fix in, her scores wouldn't have been 118-110. They would have been much closer so the attention wouldn't have been drawn to her. Really just don't see what she saw. She saw Alvarez winning 10 of 12 rounds

I think it was a cry for help. The fix was for the 23-1 draw. I think all were in on it and someone applied pressure to Byrd so she gave them the card they wanted Canelo a winning card 10 rounds to 2. No judge however incompetent could see the fight that way. It is impossible. She was signalling that the fix was on. And the corrupt NSAC just said she had a bad day at the office. Then suspended her for having a bad day at the office.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

I never thought SOG was a PPV fighter. His promotion team did a poor job of making him a household name. He didn't have the flare. Andre went about the business of winning quietly.

I applaud him retiring with his mind, finances and health in good shape. He doesn't have MoneyMay money, he's worth about 14 million. That's a tidy sum.

He has a future in the game as a commentator, he'll still be attached. I hope someone doesn't make him a Vito Corleone.

Not many can semi-retire at the age of 33. Looking forward to listening to him ringside.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

Sad to see SOG go. He was my favorite active fighter.

Now I think Terence Crawford is the best PVP. Don't agree? Fight me!
Jokes aside Rigondeaux and Lomanchenko are beasts as well. And whoever wins GGG v Canelo 2. They might leapfrog everyone.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject:

I was looking for Kieth Thurman to beome household. I saw his last fight. He seems to have lost the fire.

ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

I think it was a cry for help. The fix was for the 23-1 draw. I think all were in on it and someone applied pressure to Byrd so she gave them the card they wanted Canelo a winning card 10 rounds to 2. No judge however incompetent could see the fight that way. It is impossible. She was signalling that the fix was on. And the corrupt NSAC just said she had a bad day at the office. Then suspended her for having a bad day at the office.

Interesting theory. Ru thinkin she's just a paid off puppet under control by the corrupt NSAC? She definitely could have made it 114-113 Canelo and no one would have batted an eye.
118-110 is a definitely a huge statement.

I'm still going with overall incompetence. I've always noted whenever she is judging and can't ever remember a scorecard from her that I thought was good. Even on the undercard fights. Seriously bad judging, every time.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Ben Vereen wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Interesting theory. Ru thinkin she's just a paid off puppet under control by the corrupt NSAC? She definitely could have made it 114-113 Canelo and no one would have batted an eye.
118-110 is a definitely a huge statement.

I'm still going with overall incompetence. I've always noted whenever she is judging and can't ever remember a scorecard from her that I thought was good. Even on the undercard fights. Seriously bad judging, every time.

Paid off and pressured by wise guys with complicity from NSAC. It would be interesting to know who made big bets late on the draw. You know the "smart money". If she is corrupt it opens a whole other can of worms since she is married to Robert Byrd the referee. Las Vegas is beginning to rival Germany when it comes to questionable decisions.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Deontay Wilder destroyed Bermane Stiverne 2:59 first round KO. Wilder has a great jab and a very powerful powerful right hand. I like him to beat Anthony Joshua.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Who do you guys think will win Horn v. Crawford?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Crawford, power, boxing advantage, experience.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Deontay Wilder destroyed Bermane Stiverne 1;59 first round KO. Wilder has a great jab and a very powerful powerful right hand. I like him to beat Anthony Joshua.

It's a toss up IMO.
Joshua has better technique despite being a little robotic.
And Wilder has explosive, 1-punch power, but his resume of opponents is relatively weak.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Crawford, power, boxing advantage, experience.

Same. I don't think it'll go the distance either.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Deontay Wilder destroyed Bermane Stiverne 1;59 first round KO. Wilder has a great jab and a very powerful powerful right hand. I like him to beat Anthony Joshua.

Stiverne didn't even show up.

It was crazy.

I thought he would at least work a couple rounds in of getting jabbed and then try and throw something. That was as close to a first round shut out I've seen in a long time.

Joshua will be destroyed by Wilder whenever he stops being afraid and fights him.

Bye.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

gumby wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Stiverne didn't even show up.

It was crazy.

I thought he would at least work a couple rounds in of getting jabbed and then try and throw something. That was as close to a first round shut out I've seen in a long time.

Joshua will be destroyed by Wilder whenever he stops being afraid and fights him.

Bye.

IA
Stiverne came for a payday. He said he starved himself to lose weight. What heavy weight does that?

Don't know how old you are but I love your Bye. I remember Gumby .

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

This is the next big fight if ever happened
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

This is the next big fight if ever happened

I think Wilder wants the fight to happen. I'm not sure about Joshua.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Hearn is trying to gt Wilder to fight Whyte hoping Whyte wins and have a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Heavyweight title bout with Joshua.

Also trying to age and add more rounds to Wilder by fighting Whyte. Just make the damn fight already. It's not that difficult. Wilder was gonna fight Povetkin in Russia. Dont think he'll have a problem fighting in front of that crowd with that check in England
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

most important punch in boxing
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Wilder is so sloppy. AJ will knock him out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 442, 443, 444 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 443 of 514
Jump to: