TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
TrekLife wrote:
pio2u wrote:
The Grind wrote:
We're very lucky KCP was able to come back. He and Lopez saved our tails.

Lonzo needs to play much much better. I can take the missed shots, but the stupid decisions are something he needs to avoid in order to continue having a positive impact.

VETERANS!!

Why is KCP always considered a vet. He's 24...

Yeah, he's younger than JC.

He started in the NBA in 2013 and Clarkson and Randle started in 2014 (I was curious so I just checked Wikipedia). To me the issue is people keep talking about Clarkson and Randle like the rookies.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

Brook Lopez has been a beast for us this season ......really like his game out there.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PHILosophize wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
If Lonzo made 40% of his shots, we'd be 7-3 and on our way to the playoffs.

I still think they will start falling, although I can't blame those who are losing hope.

There's a good miss and bad miss. Lonzo's airballs are really bad misses. I have to hope and pray his shots will go in but how many games will it cost us if we let him shoot those airball until he finds his stroke? Assuming he has one in the first place.

Zo acts tough in his interviews but you can see by his body language that he really feels ashamed about his shooting right now. I keep seeing him loading up to shoot, hesitate, then the defense closes down. He needs to play with no conscience like Kobe or Clarkson and pretend like he doesn't care. He does care, but just until he fixes his shot, he needs to pretend he's in the gym and none of this matters. They need to get a professional to clear his mind. Hope he's seeing someone about this.

lol

See you are going all method with the Phil persona.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
To me the issue is people keep talking about Clarkson and Randle like the rookies.

They sometimes play like it.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

bigballer8 wrote:
I have faith Lonzo will start balling out. Lonzo doesn't have a midrange game and thats the only thing that worries me.

not just a mid-range game... every range is a problem for him.

I like him because he is quick on his feet, he triggers breaks really well, the long pass, the assist game...

but his offense is so terrible that he makes Jason Kidd look like a scoring savant.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I still think they will start falling, although I can't blame those who are losing hope.

There's a good miss and bad miss. Lonzo's airballs are really bad misses. I have to hope and pray his shots will go in but how many games will it cost us if we let him shoot those airball until he finds his stroke? Assuming he has one in the first place.

Zo acts tough in his interviews but you can see by his body language that he really feels ashamed about his shooting right now. I keep seeing him loading up to shoot, hesitate, then the defense closes down. He needs to play with no conscience like Kobe or Clarkson and pretend like he doesn't care. He does care, but just until he fixes his shot, he needs to pretend he's in the gym and none of this matters. They need to get a professional to clear his mind. Hope he's seeing someone about this.

Whatever makes his shots go in, I'm all for it. Maybe it's confidence. Maybe it's something else. I don't know.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
To me the issue is people keep talking about Clarkson and Randle like the rookies.

They sometimes play like it.

Agreed, which is a problem. By people I don’t mean just us I mean like media, Lakers staff, and all would have you. It’s time to hold them the better expectations they’ve been in the league a few years now.
GabKoost
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

bigballer8 wrote:
I have faith Lonzo will start balling out. Lonzo doesn't have a midrange game and thats the only thing that worries me.

What range does he have? Even at the ft line he is still suspect.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Whatever makes his shots go in, I'm all for it. Maybe it's confidence. Maybe it's something else. I don't know.

Like Ingram last year, I'm sure he makes his shots in practice. I get that professionals are paid to perform when the real games start, but I'm sure if we are patient he will come good. It's painful to watch though... hope he has a breakout game soon.
GabKoost
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

What happens when Brook Lopez stops mimicking MVP Stephen Curry and stops averaging 70% form 3pt line?

Because these last 2 games were won thanks to that. Someone has to do something exceptional to compensate Lonzo bricks.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

Drifts wrote:
bigballer8 wrote:

I like him because he is quick on his feet, he triggers breaks really well, the long pass, the assist game...

but his offense is so terrible that he makes Jason Kidd look like a scoring savant.

He’s literally averaging the same points that Kidd did his rookie year lol
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

Reading the comments about Lonzo's shooting just show you much the NBA audience focuses mainly on shooting and scoring rather than the facets of the game. Not much patience here. It's not like he's not doing other things remarkably well. 10 games in and the focus is his lack of a jumper. We are .500 and so many said we were a terrible team. I believe his jumper is all mental and he is very young. I would just wait it out. Hopefully none of you end up in a mental institution with your lack of patience. Go Lakers and Go Lonzo!!!
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Well, BI was the worst player in the NBA last year statistically I believe, Lonzo right now is the worst shooter but his assist to turnover ratio is really nice, rebounding and defense are solid and he makes a lot of little plays during the game that help us out. He is usually either near or at the top of our +\-. Shooting is an important part of the game, but it’s only one part. Except for his shooting every part of his game is much better than I had hoped. His shot will get better and the rest is already in place...he will be fine.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
Drifts wrote:
bigballer8 wrote:

Percentages are similar too. Lonzo is also a couple years younger than Kidd was in his first year.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm actually encouraged, knowing the Lakers survived a scare but scrambled for it, knowing the Lakers could play so much better and seeing them show flashes of it, and in spite of all this, sitting at 5 and 5 because they play defense all game long.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

GabKoost wrote:
bigballer8 wrote:

What range does he have? Even at the ft line he is still suspect.

Lonzo has shot the ball well his whole life. This little mental hiccup will pass and he will get back to being himself.

The beginning of the season was always going to be up and down, but by the All-Star break I fully expect Lonzo and this team to be very good.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

iimarshon wrote:
Drifts wrote:
bigballer8 wrote:

Jaosn Kidd 11.7 pts on 38.5% shooting...
Lonzo Ball 8.8ptx on 30% shooting...

literally the same??? are you kidding me?

"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Well, BI was the worst player in the NBA last year statistically I believe, Lonzo right now is the worst shooter but his assist to turnover ratio is really nice, rebounding and defense are solid and he makes a lot of little plays during the game that help us out. He is usually either near or at the top of our +\-. Shooting is an important part of the game, but it’s only one part. Except for his shooting every part of his game is much better than I had hoped. His shot will get better and the rest is already in place...he will be fine.

Yup. Same thoughts here on Lonzo.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

I can live with not having a closer (yet) and struggling to put teams away, but tonight was on being stupid with under 5 min left than the lack of a closer. If Memphis didn’t do some stupid things themselves, we might be looking at an ugly loss. Fortunately, we aren’t...on to the road trip.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
JrR31 wrote:

JC was doing everything to lose the game then Lonzo came in doing the same thing.

Lopez and KCP kept us steady.

Not surprising that a kid like Zo was getting shaky but the vets kept calm. Don't know what JC's excuse is though.

So the best players on this team are the guys who wont be here next year?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
Drifts wrote:
bigballer8 wrote:

Season is still young. If he finishes the season with that stat line, then we have reason for concerns. For now, let's just call it a bad shooting streak for Lonzo until he finds his stroke. Aside from the shooting part, I really like all other aspects of his game though.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Id rather be winning and have Lonzo struggle then have Lonzo be amazing and our team just suck. If you are finding a way to complain about this win then you must hate rainbows and butterflies...lighten up fellas.

Actually, long term the other is better especially if the plan is to get Free Agents to come play with Ball
everyteardrop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
Drifts wrote:
bigballer8 wrote:

Season is still young. If he finishes the season with that stat line, then we have reason for concerns. For now, let's just call it a bad shooting streak for Lonzo until he finds his stroke. Aside from the shooting part, I really like all other aspects of his game though.

This. Only 10 games
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
For all the complaints about Lonzo, he still got 9reb 9assists, and we still got a win. Yeah he did look like a rookie in the final 3 minutes.

Just imagine how good we'll be once he settles in.

Lonzo is definitely a good rebounder and playmaker, but hes also getting Heavy minutes
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
JrR31 wrote:

JC was doing everything to lose the game then Lonzo came in doing the same thing.

Lopez and KCP kept us steady.

Not surprising that a kid like Zo was getting shaky but the vets kept calm. Don't know what JC's excuse is though.

So the best players on this team are the guys who wont be here next year?

not if they accept the veteran min
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 66 of 67
Jump to: