***Los Angeles Lakers @ Boston Celtics - 11/8/17 5:00PM PST***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
-Lopez missed 4 wide open 3s
-KCP airballed a wide open 3
-Hart missed a wide open 3
-Kuz missed an easy layup, an easy baby hook off a missed free throw, and made a mess of a 4 on 2 fastbreak
-Brewer missed a wide open 3 and an easy layup

If half of this shots go in, we win this game, even while getting ridiculously out rebounded on the offensive glass.

Yeah.. I mean even if you take account... I think this game would have been a lost even at our championship years.... nothing went right... and the Celtics were getting lucky breaks.. don’t think even the Vegas line could have predicted the outcome the way it was.
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Stop playing 2 point Brewer and Andrew "I always look like I almost have to crap my pants" Bogut
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Boston caught us sleepwalking in the first half and Baynes had a career night. Kyrie was Kyrie.

Credit the team for not quitting early on when no one was in sync. Zo has to stay aggressive because the team feeds off of his energy and plays so much better when he is in attack mode.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Bogut s gotta go...give Zubac or Bryant those minutes, Bryant especially is a fun energy player to watch. Bogus is done...time to the glue factory for him.
dlofan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

I thought the difference in the game was that they outhustled us. They got to a lot of loose balls in the 4th, got a lot of second chance rebounds.
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

I just saw that Kyrie Irving is trending on twitter with a subtitle of "puts on a dribbling clinic against the Lakers."

Which reminds me, when a guy is fancy dribbling for more than 5 seconds strait, put him on his ass with a borderline flagrant hip-check and forearm shiver.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

dlofan wrote:
I thought the difference in the game was that they outhustled us. They got to a lot of loose balls in the 4th, got a lot of second chance rebounds.

Refs didn't help either.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Christopher C wrote:
I just saw that Kyrie Irving is trending on twitter with a subtitle of "puts on a dribbling clinic against the Lakers."

Which reminds me, when a guy is fancy dribbling for more than 5 seconds strait, put him on his ass with a borderline flagrant hip-check and forearm shiver.

Well, he sure as hell didn’t put on a shooting clinic...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
dlofan wrote:

Refs didn't help either.

That’s a given
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
dlofan wrote:

Refs didn't help either.

We still should’ve won despite the refs. I’m happy with the defense though, looks like is here to stay.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Lakers played poorly, giving up so many rebounds...my GOD. We probably would have lost anyway, but hopefully next game the refs can at least call it fairly.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Sucks we loss to Boston.

But it’s a win that Brandon Ingram destroyed Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum.

Which I know Tatum left at halftime due to injury. But fwiw BI attacked him relentlessly where I can’t say the same the other way.

Can some one please post the comparison numbers between the three? Or recommend me to a website to pull up these numbers.
Wanna copy and paste and text these numbers to my coworkers who were talking smack about BI lol

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Garbage rotations from Luke and garbage refs. Ballgame.

On the radio, both Ireland and Thompson, when JC and JR taken out of the game in the 4th:

"Not sure about that move"
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Clarkson negated any good offense he had with dumb turnovers and bad defense.

he had 3 of the 21 TO's

Hence why I said "and".

I like Clarkson, but his turnovers tonight came at crucial times and I don't understand how someone so quick and athletic can be so ineffective on defense. The TOs were spread out pretty evenly, but Clarkson was a big part of the second quarter implosion and then made a dumb play to seal the deal. He really is talented, if only he could increase his BBIQ.

just do not see it that way....he came in the score was 11-21...checked out it was 36-50. He was -4 in the first half, which was I think the best on the team....or close to it. He had a better game than 4 starters (Kuzma, Ball, Lopez and KCP).

I look at Kuzma and Ball as rookies... and I look at Lopez and KCP as rentals... so I hold Clarkson to a higher standard simply because he should be a senior in high school to the rookie's freshman status.

I like Jordan... he's a likeable guy, plays with passion... just don't like his defensive lapses and brain farts. But for what we pay him he's a good value, he doesn't complain about his role... happy if we end up keeping him. It's just frustrating when you see how he could be better and he never lives up to that potential.

Both Ball and Kuzma played scared today... horrible to watch, but part of the growing process like Ingram had last season.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Garbage rotations from Luke and garbage refs. Ballgame.

On the radio, both Ireland and Thompson, when JC and JR taken out of the game in the 4th:

"Not sure about that move"

Good call from even less often informed pundits.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Why we scared putting Randle next to Lopez??? shoulda been either Randle-Kuzma-BI or Lopez-Randle-BI (if you insist on having Lopez run with the 1st unit) in the 4th... Randle had it going and we got outhustled once he came out the game. Overall good learning and good fighting spirit
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Boston caught us sleepwalking in the first half and Baynes had a career night

I can't think of too many losses we've had that didn't include a corpse start beyond the Toronto gm. Either the collective attitude isn't right or the coaches are too loose/lax or they haven't gotten sick enough of falling behind early over and over, causing them to lose or to be in a dogfight to catch up. This problem hearkens back to prior years where Phil teams used to get kicked in the balls consistently at the start of the 3rd, but those teams were older with many more miles. Sad to see because they've improved enough to finish many games in a competent fashion without relying on Kobe, but they're not rewarding themselves with wins for their efforts by slogging thru the first 5-8 mins. Pelicans game was a prime example. Pass out Red Bulls before the game, Luke.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Honest question tho, If we had Dlo, we would have made some more shots in those last 3 min to be sure...

Really? Eddie, you just saw him not show up to the supposed revenge game. Did you just toss that away as an outlier?

That's like saying we defo would've hit more shots vs the 98 Jazz if Eddie were on the floor. Not totally out of the realm of possibilities, but likelier NOT.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject:

Shots come and go but defense and rebounding can be consistent. If it weren't for the refs calling some bs charge calls, we might have won this game. Still proud of the effort though. We hung tough with the best team in the east. It only gets easier from here on out.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject:

I expected the Celtics would win, but Lonzo Ball looked foolish at times when he was running the offense that he got a lot of laughs from the Celtics fans.

Do Laker fans really believe as Lavar does that he will be better than Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant or Magic Johnson? I think his ceiling is Jason Kidd at best.

Celtics were without Horford, Jason Tatum our best players not named Kyrie and still won.

I could do a QFTOS now just on the front page of this forum but it would take up an entire book.

BEAT LA!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:
I expected the Celtics would win, but Lonzo Ball looked foolish at times when he was running the offense that he got a lot of laughs from the Celtics fans.

Do Laker fans really believe as Lavar does that he will be better than Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant or Magic Johnson? I think his ceiling is Jason Kidd at best.

Celtics were without Horford, Jason Tatum our best players not named Kyrie and still won.

I could do a QFTOS now just on the front page of this forum but it would take up an entire book.

BEAT LA!

Kthxbye
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Boston caught us sleepwalking in the first half and Baynes had a career night. Kyrie was Kyrie.

Credit the team for not quitting early on when no one was in sync. Zo has to stay aggressive because the team feeds off of his energy and plays so much better when he is in attack mode.

That's the part that irritates me the most. You expect Kyrie to have his way with us but Aaron Baynes?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

BEAT LA!

Kthxbye

I actually didn't think Lonzo played that bad. Missing layups... yes but everything else, he was hustling hard
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

BEAT LA!

Kthxbye

the only thing foolish was his shot. I love the smell of fear, they know it’s only a matter of time now.
bballchinaski
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

even kuzma was missing point blank layups last night, ball and randle missed some too. Away against good teams you miss those, you lose, simple as that.

our vets didnt show up which is unfortunate, kcp bogd the offense down when he is not just catching and shooting, lopez missed the open threes he has been making and brewer, well is brewer
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 80 of 81
Jump to: