THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 680, 681, 682 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Obama shows up for jury duty and stops to shake hands (as his Secret Service detail tells everyone to stay seated): link to cell phone video on Twitter

That's awesome!

Barack just exudes class. Just a wonderful man. His mom did a great job raising him.

I do have to say that that is pretty awesome. What I'd like to find out is how much Barack helped DNC. Why was the DNC in the red at all? How many fund raisers did he have and who pushed them towards the red? Could he and should he have helped more?

Hrm....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Obama shows up for jury duty and stops to shake hands (as his Secret Service detail tells everyone to stay seated): link to cell phone video on Twitter

That's awesome!

Barack just exudes class. Just a wonderful man. His mom did a great job raising him.

I do have to say that that is pretty awesome. What I'd like to find out is how much Barack helped DNC. Why was the DNC in the red at all? How many fund raisers did he have and who pushed them towards the red? Could he and should he have helped more?

Hrm....

He showed up as he was supposed to. I don't think he'll sit a panel. I wonder how many ex presidents received jury summons?

From the outside looking in, looks like he didn't pay a whole of attention to what was going with the DNC.

As a Black man I have to say Represent Barack, represent!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
tlim wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

That's awesome!

Hrm....

He showed up as he was supposed to. I don't think he'll sit a panel. I wonder how many ex presidents received jury summons?

From the outside looking in, looks like he didn't pay a whole of attention to what was going with the DNC.

As a Black man I have to say Represent Barack, represent!!!

more accurate
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

If the Dems shows up next yr like this week, doesn’t even matter what the GOP or ‘Grab em by the P00$$y’ do... it’s a wrap
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
If the Dems shows up next yr like this week, doesn’t even matter what the GOP or ‘Grab em by the P00$$y’ do... it’s a wrap

Did we really do that well?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

That's awesome!

If you can find a reason to hate this guy, you have a severe personality disorder.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
governator wrote:

Did we really do that well?

Hope it's things to be... VA dems went from 1.073.667 to 1.405.117 voted between the last midterm and this week, almost 40% increase, looks super energized
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Vin Scully says he'll never watch another NFL game due to anthem protests

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-live-updates-nfl-week-9-vin-scully-says-he-ll-never-watch-an-1509904613-htmlstory.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

That's awesome!

If you can find a reason to hate this guy, you have a severe personality disorder.

There's a poster in the forum that seems to hate him. I'll not name, names. I'm waiting to see if he has a response to this post about Obama showing up for jury duty.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

Love him, I don't believe him. I'd like to be a fly on the wall in his home on Sunday, Monday and Thursday.

Grew up a Brooklyn Dodger fan. Remember when Vince took the mic from Red Barber.

This statement changed the way I see him. Not to the degree of Cosby but I see him differently. (not meant to be a icon comparison, optics only)

I have to wonder if his dismay is about the flag and as have many, allowed it to blur the kneeling's intention. He mentioned the military leading me to think he's injected it and the military has nothing to do with the protest.

Listened to him when Robinson came to the league. He was definitely a Jackie fan.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

That's awesome!

There's a poster in the forum that seems to hate him. I'll not name, names. I'm waiting to see if he has a response to this post about Obama showing up for jury duty.

Like the POS POTUS, a lot of evangelicals and conservatives hate Barack just because he is black, see birther movement. The GOP hates him because he is black.
They will try to make up reasons why they hate him like Obamacare or whatever, but the truth is that all the things he did he did for the country. All the decisions he made were made with a goal of betterment of American lives and improving the stature of the US in the world community.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/11/09/white-house-economic-advisor-gary-cohn-trickle-down-is-good-for-the-economy.html

Watch Gary Cohn lie about Middle Class Tax cuts in this sham of a bill. Good question posed by reporter, "Why no create a tax cut around the average Trump voter?" He then proceeds to lie.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

LINK = LINK

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

That's awesome!

Like the POS POTUS, a lot of evangelicals and conservatives hate Barack just because he is black, see birther movement. The GOP hates him because he is black.
They will try to make up reasons why they hate him like Obamacare or whatever, but the truth is that all the things he did he did for the country. All the decisions he made were made with a goal of betterment of American lives and improving the stature of the US in the world community.

Hopefully this Presidency riles everyone up and WE all work harder to create the America we want to live in.. not the one described above they are so willingly to enslave upon us all
These people still believe in Manifest Destiny.. America was for the WASPs etc... Trump grew up with a racist Father... a crazy racist Butler..

*I never read 1984 but if there is a President in there it is Trump..
everything is a lie
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

I saw this the other day and was really disappointed. Never thought the great Vin could say something that would make me lose a little respect for him. When you are an icon like that who people admire and look top to, it's important to take the time to educate yourself on what is actually going on before you say ignorant things like that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

Why don't you do something to help your fellow Americans stop having to use such displays just to be treated equally under the same laws
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

Interesting article on how the GOP tax plan could help kill CA Prop. 13.

http://beta.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-dayen-gop-tax-prop-13-20171109-story.html

Quote:
The GOP tax plan could be the death of Prop. 13

The federal tax plan, introduced by House Republicans last week, was carefully constructed to penalize Americans who live in Democratic-leaning states. It would repeal the state and local tax deduction, which 1 in 3 Californians use. ...it it would bite places like New York and California hard because of their expensive real estate markets.

Under the compromise, Americans will be able to deduct property taxes of up to $10,000, but not income taxes. That's rough if your state happens to have the nation's highest income tax and one of the country's lowest property tax rates. That is, if your state is California.

The natural response to this turn of events would be to rebalance the revenue mix. California Democrats could offer a bargain: Lower personal income tax rates combined with a property tax rate more in line with the rest of the country. Of course, that would require voters to first repeal Proposition 13, which since 1978 has severely limited property taxes.

The result could be highly progressive. If income tax cuts are on the first $50,000 of income, everyone would benefit, but the main winners would be the working poor and the middle class. Plus, tax increases on property do not directly affect renters, who are, in general, lower income-earners than homeowners. (Landlords surely could pass property tax increases on to renters, but if the changes to housing taxes work as expected to actually reduce prices, the effect would be muted.)

Because property taxes remain deductible, Californians likely would save money. And the new tax system would be more predictable, less reliant on volatile income and more on home values, which outside of the historic housing bubble of the 2000s are generally more stable.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Brian Schatz‏Verified account @brianschatz (US Senator from Hawaii)

Representative Chris Collins (R) confessed that donors are telling him to cut their taxes "or don't ever call again." That's why this bill raises taxes on middle class families.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Representative Chris Collins (R) confessed that donors are telling him to cut their taxes "or don't ever call again." That's why this bill raises taxes on middle class families.

Sounds like the definition of vote for sale to the highest bidder
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

That's awesome!

This is troubling. How much has America changed? How far have we really come? A racist was elected to be president. It's said because of low voter turnout, apathy, the Dewy, Truman syndrome. Like kneeling for the anthem no one wants to talk about the real reason, racism.

How much has America changed? How far have we really come?

Want to become a instant multi trillionaire, find a cure for racism.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

Quote:
BREAKING: ACA open enrollment sign-ups up 179% compared to the equivalent period last year.

More details....1/

https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/928664002846175232
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Sounds like the definition of vote for sale to the highest bidder

Citizens United basically affirmed it at the highest level.

We need to get money out of politics, but it's going to take a constitutional amendment.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

Rachel used these graphics on her show last night. They show before and after make-up of Virginia state seats that flipped from Red to Blue.

Graphic 1

Graphic 2

Striking.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

Vin Scully grew up in a much different era than most of us. Let the man be. More than likely there are a lot of things you and he wouldn't agree with.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Why don't you do something to help your fellow Americans stop having to use such displays just to be treated equally under the same laws

like do something that actually makes sense.. like protesting police stations
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 680, 681, 682 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 681 of 3673
Jump to: