Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I will be satisfied with 30 wins, this team just doesn’t know how to play consistently.... next summer is our hope.

think Lebron cannot wait to play with a PG who can't shoot and a SF that weighs about as much as one of his legs?

Lol Lebron won't leave Cleveland for anything less than two other All-NBA caliber teammates.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject:

It was an ugly last two games.... this team is YOUNG, and also we don't have a balanced roster. Not nearly enough decent shooters. We should not be surprised by such games as tonight and last night. That is what happens with so many new faces and young faces. Losing. More than we like to see.

As far as our young kids though, there is a lot of reason for hope. As bad as Ball has been shooting the rock, pretty much every other facet of the game he is impressive. Very impressive. He will get the shooting thing figured out. The foundation for his overall game gives good reason to believe his ceiling is very high.

Kuzma - what can you say, but GREAT pick late in the draft. Top 5 guy if they did the lottery again right now. High energy, long, pretty athletic with lots of all around bball skill.

Ingram has shown obvious improvement. He is going to be a very solid player.

We have several other young guys that show very good promise. This is a work in progress, and until we can utilize capspace and land two valid all star vets, youth will always have ups and downs. Hang with this, it is heading in the right direction.

Jake Speed, 1986
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
I don't know what we can do with Lonzo. I'm so depressed right now. Are we gonna ship him out in a couple of years like we did with DLo too? We're so (bleep)

DLO actually produced. Multiple 30+ pt games. He was shipped because of vague leadership/attitude issues.

Lonzo has two double digit scoring games. The 29 point game was on 27 attempts. The 13 point game was on 13 attempts. Kobe Farewell Tour-esque.

Well, Lonzo could defend and rebound and he doesn't turn the ball over. I mean other than shooting the ball, he does everything else quite well, whereas DLo is complete opposite. DLo could shoot but couldn't do much else. I mean if Lonzo could shoot, he'd be like the perfect PG. He has a very high ceiling if he could somehow shoot the ball.

You mean if Lonzo could score? He's about as dicey from 1 foot as he is from 30. Someone said Kwame Brown-esque about him yesterday when it comes to layups and that might be a disservice to Kwame.

I remember reading that post (kwame-esque). What makes it humorous is the element of truth to the statement. Kwame ended his career the way he started it, I think Zo will have a much better ending and progression.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I will be satisfied with 30 wins, this team just doesn’t know how to play consistently.... next summer is our hope.

think Lebron cannot wait to play with a PG who can't shoot and a SF that weighs about as much as one of his legs?

Lol Lebron won't leave Cleveland for anything less than two other All-NBA caliber teammates.

Well all thought Ingram or Randle would be the ones packaged to get an all-star Lebron would play with. We might have been thinking about the wrong lottery pick....
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lol wow. Before the season started you were predicting close to 50 wins.
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

LandsbergerRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

We just witnessed the wiz who have two NBA all stars and are gonna get bounced in the first round
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Deuce is on to next summer
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject:

If the loses pile up, worse part is no one can make the tank thread, it’s gonna be down hill all year long, Luke can’t even coach us to wins when winning right now is a goal... this guy shouldn’t be coaching the new look Lakers no matter who we add via trade and FA.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TEEGUNN wrote:
It was an ugly last two games.... this team is YOUNG, and also we don't have a balanced roster. Not nearly enough decent shooters. We should not be surprised by such games as tonight and last night. That is what happens with so many new faces and young faces. Losing. More than we like to see.

As far as our young kids though, there is a lot of reason for hope. As bad as Ball has been shooting the rock, pretty much every other facet of the game he is impressive. Very impressive. He will get the shooting thing figured out. The foundation for his overall game gives good reason to believe his ceiling is very high.

Kuzma - what can you say, but GREAT pick late in the draft. Top 5 guy if they did the lottery again right now. High energy, long, pretty athletic with lots of all around bball skill.

We have several other young guys that show very good promise. This is a work in progress, and until we can utilize capspace and land two valid all star vets, youth will always have ups and downs. Hang with this, it is heading in the right direction.

Agreed. Patience people. We're not that far from being back at the top. A couple of pieces and a little aging of the youth.
bjbkb1
Rookie
Rookie

TEEGUNN wrote:

Slow clap with clamoring voices and a final yell "YEAHHH"
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:

Top 5? I love me some Kuzma, but I'm not sure he goes top 10 if they re-draft.

This rookie class is exceptionally deep. And many of the lottery picks are straight ballin'.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:

This rookie class is exceptionally deep. And many of the lottery picks are straight ballin'.

he wouldn't....mostly because of his age....rare for a Junior or Senior to be in the lottery.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:

Ok... top 10 is fair. Either way, we got a starting level guy late in the draft. A steal. We need more guys that are of that caliber - you have to acquire talent in unexpected ways to make leaps in this league.

Jake Speed, 1986
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He posts for numbers
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I didn’t know our PG would look G-League material and so did 90% of the fan base.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Lonzo needs to cut the hair...get a clean hot towel shave....throw on a pair of Kobe's.....and hit the reset button

... burn some sage, see an exorcist... whatever it takes.
cyrus_the_virus
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
cyrus_the_virus wrote:
Five years of rebuilding and we don't have one bonafide young piece to build upon. Freaking depressing!

What is your definition of bonafide young piece? A future All-Star or a potential MVP-level player?

At this point, I would settle for a legitimate NBA starter with borderline All-Star talent.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I didn’t know our PG would look G-League material and so did 90% of the fan base.

So Lonzo making shots is the difference between 30 and 50 wins?

What kind of sane person would predict close to 50 wins for this team?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject:

cyrus_the_virus wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
cyrus_the_virus wrote:
Five years of rebuilding and we don't have one bonafide young piece to build upon. Freaking depressing!

What is your definition of bonafide young piece? A future All-Star or a potential MVP-level player?

At this point, I would settle for a legitimate NBA starter with borderline All-Star talent.

Unfortunately, you're going to have to wait a few years for BI and Zo to show All-Star potential.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Blame it on Magic and Pelinka, they were hyping us up, Magic using examples of players playing like showtime during the press conference and I got *** fooled.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Bro a lot of people expected him to struggle to score. I ain't the only one who said he'd put up meager rookie season numbers like JKidd did. You, on the other hand, expected something closer to Magic, which was not reasonable at all.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Blame it on Magic and Pelinka, they were hyping us up, Magic using examples of players playing like showtime during the press conference and I got *** fooled.

50 wins tho? Jesus Christ
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Bro a lot of people expected him to struggle to score. I ain't the only one who said he'd put up meager rookie season numbers like JKidd did. You, on the other hand, expected something closer to Magic, which was not reasonable at all.

Yep, like I said I got fooled reading all the scouting reports and seeing videos of him dominating, we got tricked in thinking this guy is special but it looks like he's human and will have his struggles.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

After years of Magic's hyperbole on Twitter and showing he's a bad evaluator of basketball talent and you were still fooled by him? Wow. Just wow.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Somewhere between 25 and 35 wins was the reasonable expectation for this season folks. Don't get too down over losing to 2 of the best teams in the eastern conference - one of those teams the hottest team in the league. You gotta think longer than game to game losses or wins and look at the overall development of the younger players, the level of the vets, and the balance and overall talent level of the team in general. We would be exceeding all reasonable expectations to have anything more than 30 to 35 wins. Is what it is.

Jake Speed, 1986
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 40 of 41
Jump to: