View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
[quote="CantStopJM"
So Lonzo making shots is the difference between 30 and 50 wins?

What kind of sane person would predict close to 50 wins for this team?

Blame it on Magic and Pelinka, they were hyping us up, Magic using examples of players playing like showtime during the press conference and I got *** fooled.

After years of Magic's hyperbole on Twitter and showing he's a bad evaluator of basketball talent and you were still fooled by him? Wow. Just wow.[/quote]

Still can't deny that he knows the game, almost everyone was excited about this team but it looks like there is gonna be consistency issues, yeah he does say dumb things but he's probably one of the smartest people around, every prediction can end up wrong even by the smartest people in the world.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Blame it on Magic and Pelinka, they were hyping us up, Magic using examples of players playing like showtime during the press conference and I got *** fooled.

50 wins tho? Jesus Christ

LOFL
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Still can't deny that he knows the game, almost everyone was excited about this team but it looks like there is gonna be consistency issues, yeah he does say dumb things but he's probably one of the smartest people around, every prediction can end up wrong even by the smartest people in the world.

Not sure what kind of scouting reports you were watching, but none I saw said Lonzo was anything close to Magic. Most said he had a ceiling of JKidd. Only Magic and you believed otherwise.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:
Somewhere between 25 and 35 wins was the reasonable expectation for this season folks. Don't get too down over losing to 2 of the best teams in the eastern conference - one of those teams the hottest team in the league. You gotta think longer than game to game losses or wins and look at the overall development of the younger players, the level of the vets, and the balance and overall talent level of the team in general. We would be exceeding all reasonable expectations to have anything more than 30 to 35 wins. Is what it is.

Good post, yep 25-35 wins is a good goal for this team, I said it last night and even before the season started when I agreed with posters who suggested 30-35 wins would be a good season, but as a long history of success by the Lakers you still have hope that they break through.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
TEEGUNN wrote:
Somewhere between 25 and 35 wins was the reasonable expectation for this season folks. Don't get too down over losing to 2 of the best teams in the eastern conference - one of those teams the hottest team in the league. You gotta think longer than game to game losses or wins and look at the overall development of the younger players, the level of the vets, and the balance and overall talent level of the team in general. We would be exceeding all reasonable expectations to have anything more than 30 to 35 wins. Is what it is.

Good post, yep 25-35 wins is a good goal for this team, I said it last night and even before the season started when I agreed with posters who suggested 30-35 wins would be a good season, but as a long history of success by the Lakers you still have hope that they break through.

35 wins would be a good season for the mix of guys we have. I was personally predicting 28 to 30 before the season. Anything over 30 is realistic and reasonable and we should be fine with this many new faces, rookies or very young players, and no truly great vets to get over 30 wins.

Jake Speed, 1986
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Not sure what kind of scouting reports you were watching, but none I saw said Lonzo was anything close to Magic. Most said he had a ceiling of JKidd. Only Magic and you believed otherwise.

Lol Worthy even said during the media day about Lonzo coming up and duplicating what Magic did in his rookie season, and probably a dozen more thought the same thing.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lol Worthy even said during the media day about Lonzo coming up and duplicating what Magic did in his rookie season, and probably a dozen more thought the same thing.

C'mon kid. Showtime guys are ride or die. Look how they all backed Byron. Links to these dozen more analysts who thought he'd be anything close to Magic?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lonzo needs to cut the hair...get a clean hot towel shave....throw on a pair of Kobe's.....and hit the reset button

... burn some sage, see an exorcist... whatever it takes.

Slump buster
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

C'mon kid. Showtime guys are ride or die. Look how they all backed Byron. Links to these dozen more analysts who thought he'd be anything close to Magic?

Let's just say that expectations were high for Ball, it doesn't matter now cause now we know he's gonna have his learning curve.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Let's just say that expectations were high for Ball, it doesn't matter now cause now we know he's gonna have his learning curve.

Just to let you know, 2.0, I'm going to post a link to this page anytime you start going off the rails again about how good our team is going to be or how good a player we draft is going to be. You do it almost every summer.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Good game guys.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Just to let you know, 2.0, I'm going to post a link to this page anytime you start going off the rails again about how good our team is going to be or how good a player we draft is going to be. You do it almost every summer.

Cause I'm a hardcore fan but then I get let down
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Cause I'm a hardcore fan but then I get let down

Life lesson from an old guy, kid: you don't have to be delusional or a myopic homer to be a hardcore fan. I'm hoping one day you'll get through that learning curve just like Zo will get through his.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41
Page 41 of 41
Jump to: