OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 151, 152, 153 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
the 3 point shot was supposedly the advantage he had over nance and randle. i hope we can end that nonsense soon. 30%. he and lonzo are finishing trumps wall. if he can't find a scoring rhythm, theres no reason he should be out there over the other two, nevermind 35 minutes and a green light.

Hard to get too critical on a rookie playing his first east coast road trip. Especially this game on a back to back. He’s probably jet lagged and has tired legs after all the minutes he’s been playing.

Especially when Kuzma actually warrants hard closeouts to 3-point land and Nance and JR don't.

That 3-point shot is an advantage.

if he does continue at this rate, opposition will figure it out no?

And of course its not all on him. He's a rookie. Luke should be managing him like one.

If you remove Kuzma's one buzzer beater heave, he's shooting 13 for 41 (31.7%). Defenders still have to close out on him because he's a threat.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject:

I have a general question.

How many bad games from Kuz would you say would be enough before you questioned if he's truly ready to be starting?

That's just a general question and u want to see what everyone's answers are
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
tox wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Missed the past two games, what's up with him?

I think he's lost confidence in his 3 ball. He's overcompensating by forcing drives and other not great shots. In addition, he's been missing some of the shots he was hitting with regularity.

Seriously, just shoot the 3!
It'll limit his turnovers.

Yeah, I don't know how many travels Kuz has had this season after hesitating on a 3 and choosing to drive instead.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm surprised nobody has said anything him looking to score the majority of the time he touches the ball.

He looks to score just as much as Clarkson to be honest, he just doesn't pound the ball as much.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

How many bad games from Kuz would you say would be enough before you questioned if he's truly ready to be starting?

I said from the start that I have no problem with Kuz coming off the bench. I think Lonzo also would've been better served playing against opposing benches but alas we don't have another point guard. Rookies in general struggle in the NBA, let alone going against opposing starters. Simmons, KAT, Porzingis etc. are exceptions.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
MJST wrote:

I said from the start that I have no problem with Kuz coming off the bench. I think Lonzo also would've been better served playing against opposing benches but alas we don't have another point guard. Rookies in general struggle in the NBA, let alone going against opposing starters. Simmons, KAT, Porzingis etc. are exceptions.

Those guys are all big men. If you are big with some guard skills, you will make a quick transition in this league.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is sooooo fantastic. Any rookie will have bad games but Kuzma has it all. PF version of Klay is right.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject:

Not gonna get easier for Kuzma as the Greek freak is next in line
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Well, so far it looks like he's had 2 good games and 2 bad games. I don't really think he's blowing it or anything but again I haven't watched
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject:

yeah keep up with the klay comparisons as if hes ever shot below 40% in his career.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
I'm surprised nobody has said anything him looking to score the majority of the time he touches the ball.

He looks to score just as much as Clarkson to be honest, he just doesn't pound the ball as much.

I noticed that too.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:

I'm cool with gunners, if they're good at it!
WVLAKERFAN1
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:

People have brought it up but they get drowned out by stans who are fine cussing Randle and clarkson but think kuzma is fine because he's a rookie. Even though him and Randle are the same age kuz has way more potential according to most of the forum.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

WVLAKERFAN1 wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:

People have brought it up but they get drowned out by stans who are fine cussing Randle and clarkson but think kuzma is fine because he's a rookie. Even though him and Randle are the same age kuz has way more potential according to most of the forum.

Kuzma is an intelligent player and he can definitely pass. He is not like Clarkson and Randle who can both be a bit of a blackhole at times. Kuzma is not like that.
He is a scorer though, through and through and he is good at it. Hes got the mentality to match which is a good thing.
I mean the guy is so polished, he's got it all. He should look to shoot and score because he is amazing at it and he can score in all ways imaginable.
Not exactly something you can say for Randle. Randle hurts the ball movement when he looks to score as he takes too much time to set himself up and he plays bully ball. In the case of Clarkson, same thing, he is a guard and takes too long to set himself up sometimes, breaks the flow of the offense.
Kuzma unlike those two does everything in the flow of the offense. He doesnt need long to set himself up, he's quick, concise and makes quick and good decisions. Also definitely not a ball stopper.

In honesty a bad comparison. Kuzma is not a ball stopper. Randle and Clarkson have a tendency to be.
WVLAKERFAN1
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
WVLAKERFAN1 wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:

Kuzma is an intelligent player and he can definitely pass. He is not like Clarkson and Randle who can both be a bit of a blackhole at times. Kuzma is not like that.
He is a scorer though, through and through and he is good at it. Hes got the mentality to match which is a good thing.
I mean the guy is so polished, he's got it all. He should look to shoot and score because he is amazing at it and he can score in all ways imaginable.
Not exactly something you can say for Randle. Randle hurts the ball movement when he looks to score as he takes too much time to set himself up and he plays bully ball. In the case of Clarkson, same thing, he is a guard and takes too long to set himself up sometimes, breaks the flow of the offense.
Kuzma unlike those two does everything in the flow of the offense. He doesnt need long to set himself up, he's quick, concise and makes quick and good decisions. Also definitely not a ball stopper.

In honesty a bad comparison. Kuzma is not a ball stopper. Randle and Clarkson have a tendency to be.

Kuz has an AST% of 7 while a USG% of 19
Randle has AST% of 14 while a USG% of 24.3
JC has AST%of 24.7% (second only to Ball) with USG% of 29.8.

Yes Randle and JC's usg% are higher but they have double to 3.5 times his assist%.
Also Randle and Kuz have the same FGA per 36 so what besides your opinion justifies that Kuz is less of a Chucker than Randle or Clarkson?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

He seems to be a little hesitant/stiff when he gets the ball lately or he'll rush into a shot before reading the D. He needs to relax and just play loose like he was the previous 9 games.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
He seems to be a little hesitant/stiff when he gets the ball lately or he'll rush into a shot before reading the D. He needs to relax and just play loose like he was the previous 9 games.

The Entire team is hestitant because it looks like poor shooting is contagious.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

The Entire team is hestitant because it looks like poor shooting is contagious.

It really is. We are atrocious shooting the ball and I don't know why nothing has been done to change this. Lakers have plenty of money, spend some of that cash to bring in some experts to help out in that regard. Shooting is too damn important in today's league.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject:

WVLAKERFAN1 wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:

A narrative takes two games or so to be built and then is religiously stuck to.

Kuzma could pound the ball and tunnel vision more than Randle but you will never hear anyone utter "he seems to be a ME player before a team player." About him.

Because the narrative already is what it is among the majority.

It's not fair but it is what it is.

I will say Kuzma at times reminds me of a 6'9 Clarkson. That's why I said a happy medium for him is a 6"9 Clarkson that can hit threes.

But I am still interested in how many glad games it would take before people questioned whether he should be starting. Just in a general sense.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject:

People like Kuzma because unlike Clarkson and Randle, he makes quick decisions and isn't a ball pounder. To their credit, both JC and JR are improved in this facet (more so Randle) but still. It makes a difference.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject:

Kuzma has had many ball pounding moments.

Thing is, in pre-season he was doing it within the offense and Luke called him out saying he is breaking the offense and trying to do too much while praising Ingram for doing the same thing.

NOW is actually the time Kuzma is doing it outside of the offense to the disadvantage if the team from time to time but Luke is radio silent.

I think it starts at the coaching staff having no clue how to actually foster and maximize talent and it's more the talent excelling in spite of them as opposed to because of them.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Thing is, in pre-season he was doing it within the offense and Luke called him out saying he is breaking the offense and trying to do too much while praising Ingram for doing the same thing.

NOW is actually the time Kuzma is doing it outside of the offense to the disadvantage if the team from time to time but Luke is radio silent.

I think it starts at the coaching staff having no clue how to actually foster and maximize talent and it's more the talent excelling in spite of them as opposed to because of them.

I also question Luke's coaching. It seems he has only installed general principles of offense but hasn't designed play for players i.e. Kuzma, Ingram, Randle, JC to maximise their contribution
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

To be honest I don’t understand the difference between ball pounding and dribbling the ball too long and drawing the defense to you. I see Kyrie Irving dribbling the ball too long, stalling the offense, and shooting it or passing at the last minute to get an assist. The whole media thinks he is one of he best PGs in the league. But when JC does it, he is ball pounding. I understand Kylie dribbles better than JC but from a concept standpoint what is the difference.

Can someone explain to me?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
yeah keep up with the klay comparisons as if hes ever shot below 40% in his career.

Yes, that one gets a nice chuckle
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Stop trying to make stuff up to detract from Kuz so that Randle can look better. Kuz hasn't pounded the ball nor does he go outside of the offense much. His job out there is to be a scorer. He takes those opportunities.

The last couple games he's missed some easy ones that he usually makes. That doesn't mean he's being a ball hog.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 151, 152, 153 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 152 of 880
Jump to: