Sexual Harassment Accusations (Weinstein sentenced to 23 years; Weinstein put in isolation after contracting virus) BILL COSBY RELEASED pg44
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

LOUIS C.K.CONFESSES
... My Accusers Were All Telling the Truth

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
So Charlie Sheen and Corey Haim? Jesus, what is happening?

If Charlie was doing that at 19, it isn't a stretch to suppose that he had been abused as a minor, too.
It is great that people take note and demand change because we know the names of the victims and their accusers, but the real progress won't occur until we give a damn about the anonymous as well. These things have to come to light in order to stop the cycle of abuse, and that requires that victims, parents, friends, co-workers, neighbors, teachers, and everyone else to speak up and take action.

What gets broken in the abused child that makes them abuse too?
So common and an underlying factor in many abusers

what usually gets broken is that no one comes to their aid.

its basically vampires biting other innocent people creating more vampires biting more innocent people creating more vampires.

If someone stopped and gave a da... and did something about it. Then perhaps the child could've gotten thru it and become a better person and not turned into a vampire to attack others. But usually the kids dont get that protection they deserve from adults so they end up doing the same thing to other kids that happened to them when they were kids.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Sometimes people lie about being robbed. Therefore I should be suspicious when so many people report robberies. Or maybe I shouldn't report it when someone robs me because maybe they won't believe or the robber might try to punish me. And with all the robberies going on, I'm worried that someone will get accused of robbery who didn't really commit a robbery.

See how silly that sounds?

About as silly as comparing sexual assault to robbery. I didn't say not to be suspicious. You're reading to much into my angst.

Okay, change it to armed robbery, or physical assault, or attempted murder.
The "angst" that some people will "make up" charges is part of a stereotype from a different era. Who is the angst on behalf of?

You can change it to what ever you wish. It won't change you're reading to much into my angst.

I'm talking about what's going on right now in Hollywood
. If you want to stretch that to fit other scenarios, have at it. Again, you're reading to much into my angst.

I'm trying to understand specifically who or what your angst is for? You tell me because I don't get it.

No one in particular. My angst is maybe someone who has a vendetta will use the current Hollywood atmosphere to make false accusations. I'm not saying there are those, saying there is a possibility, thus creating my angst.
Jo here's the problem with men worrying about what if scenarios in a situation like this that has been going on since the beginning of time. Remember jo. this isnt something NEW. this something thats starting to come out NOW. but its been going on forever. Dont waste your time or mental energy worrying about the small number of false accusations vs the large number of real stories told and untold. They will happen. someone thats mad at someone or wants money will falsely accuse someone of this stuff and some sorry MEN will use that as an excuse to not listen to real stories which most are. Think about that for a moment. the only people that will allow a couple of false accusations to completely change their opinion on REAL LEGIT accusations will be sorry men(and a few ladies of course).

if its true 85% of the time. I think thats more than enough to say its a legit serious problem. That logic is the same logic used with racism. "they are just throwing out the race card all the time." sure there are times where someone goes over board or makes up a fake claim because they were mad or wanted to get someone in trouble just cause. That does not take away the zillions of truthful claims. only people thinking it does, are sorry racists who are literally looking for a reason to deny what they know is true.

False accusations are small outliers and we will deal with those as they come. What you and AH want or should desire is that we the people learn to not rush to judgement but also to be super compassionate to the groups that have been abused more times than not.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LOUIS C.K.CONFESSES

Kind of how I thought he'd respond. He's always seemed sexually disturbed, but not someone who could sit there and lie to people about how gross he is.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
False accusations are small outliers and we will deal with those as they come. What you and AH want or should desire is that we the people learn to not rush to judgement but also to be super compassionate to the groups that have been abused more times than not.

Sure. I find many of your other comments to be distasteful and myopic, but once again, that sort of thing belongs in The Political Thread.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Oh, boy.

Quote:
U.S. women's national team goalkeeper Hope Solo says then-FIFA president Sepp Blatter sexually assaulted her in 2013.

Speaking to Expresso while in Portugal, Solo said Blatter "grabbed my ass" at the Ballon d'Or award ceremony.

Blatter's representative called the allegation "ridiculous" in a statement to Expresso and The Guardian.

"I had Sepp Blatter grab my ass," Solo told Expresso. "... It was at the Ballon d'Or one year, right before I went on stage. ... It's been normalized."

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/21366266/hope-solo-claims-ex-fifa-president-sepp-blatter-sexually-assaulted-her?addata=espn:frontpage
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LOUIS C.K.CONFESSES

Kind of how I thought he'd respond. He's always seemed sexually disturbed, but not someone who could sit there and lie to people about how gross he is.

I think you put it perfectly. I think his response was about as good as it can get under the circumstances. He stepped up and acknowledged with no deflections or justifications.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject:

This is an interesting survey about sexual harassment from Britain. It shows how attitudes vary both by gender and age group.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/11/01/sexual-harassment-how-genders-and-generations-see-/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Sometimes people lie about being robbed. Therefore I should be suspicious when so many people report robberies. Or maybe I shouldn't report it when someone robs me because maybe they won't believe or the robber might try to punish me. And with all the robberies going on, I'm worried that someone will get accused of robbery who didn't really commit a robbery.

About as silly as comparing sexual assault to robbery. I didn't say not to be suspicious. You're reading to much into my angst.

The "angst" that some people will "make up" charges is part of a stereotype from a different era. Who is the angst on behalf of?

You can change it to what ever you wish. It won't change you're reading to much into my angst.

. If you want to stretch that to fit other scenarios, have at it. Again, you're reading to much into my angst.

I'm trying to understand specifically who or what your angst is for? You tell me because I don't get it.

No one in particular. My angst is maybe someone who has a vendetta will use the current Hollywood atmosphere to make false accusations. I'm not saying there are those, saying there is a possibility, thus creating my angst.
Jo here's the problem with men worrying about what if scenarios in a situation like this that has been going on since the beginning of time. Remember jo. this isnt something NEW. this something thats starting to come out NOW. but its been going on forever. Dont waste your time or mental energy worrying about the small number of false accusations vs the large number of real stories told and untold. They will happen. someone thats mad at someone or wants money will falsely accuse someone of this stuff and some sorry MEN will use that as an excuse to not listen to real stories which most are. Think about that for a moment. the only people that will allow a couple of false accusations to completely change their opinion on REAL LEGIT accusations will be sorry men(and a few ladies of course).

if its true 85% of the time. I think thats more than enough to say its a legit serious problem. That logic is the same logic used with racism. "they are just throwing out the race card all the time." sure there are times where someone goes over board or makes up a fake claim because they were mad or wanted to get someone in trouble just cause. That does not take away the zillions of truthful claims. only people thinking it does, are sorry racists who are literally looking for a reason to deny what they know is true.

You, as have others, taken my post to heights beyond the intended. It's was a maybe. But now we're here let's look at the maybe. If false accusations are made and proved to be false what do you think the ramifications would be?

I have thoughts on the bold that would get me a time out. Please don't inject the race card. If I missed it I apologize, you're the only one I see playing it. I beg you, please refrain!

On the underlined, italicized, don't tell me what I should aspire to.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Oh, boy.

Quote:
U.S. women's national team goalkeeper Hope Solo says then-FIFA president Sepp Blatter sexually assaulted her in 2013.

Speaking to Expresso while in Portugal, Solo said Blatter "grabbed my ass" at the Ballon d'Or award ceremony.

Blatter's representative called the allegation "ridiculous" in a statement to Expresso and The Guardian.

"I had Sepp Blatter grab my ass," Solo told Expresso. "... It was at the Ballon d'Or one year, right before I went on stage. ... It's been normalized."

He wanted a piece of that bologna sandwich...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Oh, boy.

Quote:

Really? That's where you want to go on this subject?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Oh, boy.

Quote:

You know, when Sepp Blatter gets accused of doing something despicable, and he calls the accuser a liar, there are only a few people in the world (setting aside certain politicians and certain people in the news media) who would make me want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm trying to think of another woman who would make me think "Hmm, I don't know about that" as applied to Blatter. I'm having a hard time.

He could have done it, of course. Even if he didn't, if someone has to be the target of a high profile false accusation, he's an excellent candidate. He doesn't have a reputation that could be unjustly tarnished.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Oh, boy.

Quote:

Hey, what's out there is there. Other victims of actual sexual harassment notwithstanding, I really don't feel like defending a human being accused of multiple accounts of domestic violence and a sore loser subsequently suspended from the USWNT for her remarks unbefitting a player representing the stars and stripes. You're free to support her if you want (your call) but past behavior suggests she's angling for the spotlight again.

PS Sepp Blatter is a scumbag and sexual misconduct does not belong in a laundry list of top 5 sins he's committed over the years.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Oh, boy.

Quote:

Hey, what's out there is there. Other victims of actual sexual harassment notwithstanding, I really don't feel like defending a human being accused of multiple accounts of domestic violence and a sore loser subsequently suspended from the USWNT for her remarks unbefitting a player representing the stars and stripes. You're free to support her if you want (your call) but past behavior suggests she's angling for the spotlight again.

PS Sepp Blatter is a scumbag and sexual misconduct does not belong in laundry list of top 5 sins he's committed over the years.

There is a way to that without crass references.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject:

George Takei Accused of Sexually Assaulting Former Model in 1981

Quote:
A former model and actor is accusing Star Trek icon George Takei of sexual assault in 1981. The accuser, Scott R. Brunton, who was 23 at the time of the alleged incident, claims that Takei took advantage of him when he was most vulnerable.

"This happened a long time ago, but I have never forgotten it," Brunton tells The Hollywood Reporter in an interview. "It is one of those stories you tell with a group of people when people are recounting bizarre instances in their lives, this always comes up. I have been telling it for years, but I am suddenly very nervous telling it."

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LOUIS C.K.CONFESSES

I think you put it perfectly. I think his response was about as good as it can get under the circumstances. He stepped up and acknowledged with no deflections or justifications.

I don't want to give him a lot of credit - most of the credit should go to the women who were brave enough to tell their stories - but that is the most effective apology by a celebrity, regardless of subject, that I've read in a long time.

He addressed the most important issue: this is all about power.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject:

^And an acknowledgment that one possesses it. Too often people don't acknowledge that the benefits of power also comes with an equal, if not more significant, responsibility to not abuse it.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

You, as have others, taken my post to heights beyond the intended. It's was a maybe. But now we're here let's look at the maybe. If false accusations are made and proved to be false what do you think the ramifications would be?

I have thoughts on the bold that would get me a time out. Please don't inject the race card. If I missed it I apologize, you're the only one I see playing it. I beg you, please refrain!

On the underlined, italicized, don't tell me what I should aspire to.
I'm showing the apples to apples comparison. and i know you knew that. yet you tried to tell me not to inject race. when i'm showing that its called an ISM for a reason.

and we knew exactly what you were trying to say. The problem is, you still dont understand what we're saying. There is no reason to think about the select few who will make up fake accusations. That will happen. no need to say "i'm afraid it will happen." we already know it will because it already has for various reasons. The moment the oppressor class (men in this case) stops thinking like that the better. There are more than enough legit cases for the false ones to not stop the push in the right direction. if it does slow it down or stop it. It's only because you have a lot of abusers/oppressors that want to continue abusing and oppressing women. They use that stuff as an excuse to keep things as they are.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:
A former model and actor is accusing Star Trek icon George Takei of sexual assault in 1981. The accuser, Scott R. Brunton, who was 23 at the time of the alleged incident, claims that Takei took advantage of him when he was most vulnerable.

"This happened a long time ago, but I have never forgotten it," Brunton tells The Hollywood Reporter in an interview. "It is one of those stories you tell with a group of people when people are recounting bizarre instances in their lives, this always comes up. I have been telling it for years, but I am suddenly very nervous telling it."

oh my
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

I think the list of who hasn't is probably shorter.

Does anyone have good stories of celebs?(I'm sure they exist but not as newsworthy)
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LOUIS C.K.CONFESSES

I don't want to give him a lot of credit - most of the credit should go to the women who were brave enough to tell their stories - but that is the most effective apology by a celebrity, regardless of subject, that I've read in a long time.

He addressed the most important issue: this is all about power.

Yep. He laid out the dynamic that provides a cover for the behavior and keeps women silent. Hopefully all of this removes that cover of power so that it can't be wielded in this horrible way.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

oh my

Say it ain't so Mr Sulu, Say it ain't so!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

I loved Takei on the Howard Stern Show.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:

Quote:
I'm showing the apples to apples comparison. and i know you knew that. yet you tried to tell me not to inject race. when i'm showing that its called an ISM for a reason.

and we knew exactly what you were trying to say. The problem is, you still dont understand what we're saying. There is no reason to think about the select few who will make up fake accusations. That will happen. no need to say "i'm afraid it will happen." we already know it will because it already has for various reasons. The moment the oppressor class (men in this case) stops thinking like that the better. There are more than enough legit cases for the false ones to not stop the push in the right direction. if it does slow it down or stop it. It's only because you have a lot of abusers/oppressors that want to continue abusing and oppressing women. They use that stuff as an excuse to keep things as they are.

I don't think the race card should be played, it's overused. You're the only one using it here.

Haven't said this in a long time huh DMR Read, Digest, Assimilate. You're reading to much into MAYBE

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I think the list of who hasn't is probably shorter.

Does anyone have good stories of celebs?(I'm sure they exist but not as newsworthy)

We can always look to Mr McFeely to feel good about Hollywood
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 19 of 44
Jump to: