Ramona Shelburne: Lakers Working W/ Deng to Find Trade Partner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

Trading Deng for Noah makes no sense
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

If they add a 1st round pick that has lottery implications I would do it...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Not that I want to do it, but if you were going to cut Bogut, you'd at least have a guy you would play for the same bad deal.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Noah is a mobile center which would see playing time (esp if we don't bring back Lopez/Bogut) compare to Deng which would be behind Randle, Nance, Kuzma at the 4 aka no playing time
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

So Lopez, Bogut and Noah split 48 center minutes. Leaving Randle, Nance and Kuzma to split 48 minutes at PF?
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Noah is a mobile center which would see playing time (esp if we don't bring back Lopez/Bogut) compare to Deng which would be behind Randle, Nance, Kuzma at the 4 aka no playing time

Noah is mobile center, is a great passer in the post like Bogut and can play defense. But will he be the same after surgery to his right rotator cuff injury he just had?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Noah is mobile center, is a great passer in the post like Bogut and can play defense. But will he be the same after surgery to his right rotator cuff injury he just had?

Better than having Deng which is not even suiting up (remember, this is assuming we don't get the 2 max)
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Deng > Noah
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Deng > Noah

Just trying to think of alternative to buying out Deng if we don't get the 2 max and Deng continues not cracking the rotation
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I believe you've set your clock back to 2012, Noah is longer what you believe he is.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject:

How many future first round picks do the Lakers have at their disposable to trade?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
How many future first round picks do the Lakers have at their disposable to trade?

I think we can trade the 2020/22 picks right now.

After the 2018 draft, we would be able to do 2019/21.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

Wait until 1/15, and see if the Bulls bite for a Mirotic trade.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

Deng for Mirotic? How many first round picks would be going Chicago’s way?

If I’m Chicago, I’m easily asking for three. I’d tell the Lakers to kick rocks unless they’re prepared to give up three first rounders.

Matter of fact, if I’m Chicago, I’d probably toy with the then Lakers on Jan. 15th and drag it out considerably with the hope that if it drags into the summer, the Bulls may be able to wrestle Ingram from the Lakers’ death clutch when they get really, really desperate (after securing one, two, or maybe even three free agents).

So, with all that being said, unless the Lakers are prepared to surrender three first round picks on the 15th, no trade will happen, and any other team (probably Chicago or Atlanta) will probably want to know how valuable those first round picks could, so they’ll more than likely want to wait to deal with the Lakers until the summer.

During the summer, after securing the new FA faces, it’ll be three picks or Ingram (with Deng) to Chicago or Atlanta for space.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

As I have said before, Deng agreeing to a buyout in principle 1st, making it easier for the Lakers to trade him should be the route the Lakers go.

For example, lets say Deng agrees to give up 10M of the 38M left on his deal on his contract. The team trading for Deng knows they would only be on the hook for 28M instead of 38M, leading to maybe having to attach less assets onto Deng.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
As I have said before, Deng agreeing to a buyout in principle 1st, making it easier for the Lakers to trade him should be the route the Lakers go.

For example, lets say Deng agrees to give up 10M of the 38M left on his deal on his contract. The team trading for Deng knows they would only be on the hook for 28M instead of 38M, leading to maybe having to attach less assets onto Deng.

pretty sure that is illegal.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Might be. But I'm pretty sure with the Lakers consent, teams would be able to talk to Deng's agent.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
adkindo wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Might be. But I'm pretty sure with the Lakers consent, teams would be able to talk to Deng's agent.

That's an interesting idea.
So the team that receives Deng is doing it mostly for the picks and/or player that comes with him. And they end up buying him out at a lower cost.

I like it.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

You, sir, are brilliant. I’d take you over Jim Buss any day. Please try your best to take that as a compliment.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
King Randle wrote:

If I’m Chicago, I’m easily asking for three. I’d tell the Lakers to kick rocks unless they’re prepared to give up three first rounders.

Matter of fact, if I’m Chicago, I’d probably toy with the then Lakers on Jan. 15th and drag it out considerably with the hope that if it drags into the summer, the Bulls may be able to wrestle Ingram from the Lakers’ death clutch when they get really, really desperate (after securing one, two, or maybe even three free agents).

So, with all that being said, unless the Lakers are prepared to surrender three first round picks on the 15th, no trade will happen, and any other team (probably Chicago or Atlanta) will probably want to know how valuable those first round picks could, so they’ll more than likely want to wait to deal with the Lakers until the summer.

During the summer, after securing the new FA faces, it’ll be three picks or Ingram (with Deng) to Chicago or Atlanta for space.

Zero 1st round picks. Mirotic and Portis can't co-exist and they're not trading Portis. If they don't like Deng and 2 second round picks for Mirotic then move on. No way they should give up a #1 pick for Mirotic. He's nothing to write home about.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

You can’t trade a player you bought out.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Zero 1st round picks. Mirotic and Portis can't co-exist and they're not trading Portis. If they don't like Deng and 2 second round picks for Mirotic then move on. No way they should give up a #1 pick for Mirotic. He's nothing to write home about.

There’s a lot you don’t understand about leverage sir. Unfortunately, I’m ot sure I have the time to teach it at the moment other than to say that it’s the Lakers who NEED this trade, not Chicago.

A second rounder for Deng is ignorant and preposterous. Get informed.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

“In principle”. Keep up V.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

It can’t be done in any situation.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

It can’t be done in any situation.

Following the letter of the law, you very well may be right, but tell me, have you ever gone 41 mph in a 35 mph lane?

That “can’t be done in any situation” either.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 34 of 37
Jump to: