Porzingis potential
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I will wait until he finishes a season to decide. Right now his nickname is “when healthy”.

He's played a total of 5 less games than D'lo so I'm sure you're using that same moniker for D'lo too right...?

Haha big johnnyb sticking it to ol’ venty boy. Answer his question my dear.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
2019 wrote:
tox wrote:
Jokic
KAT
Porzingis
Embiid

Crazy time we're living in

Add Ayton to that mix this summer.

People keep taking about this being a guards league but that is something of this current generation. Next gen is starting to be dominated by huge wings/forwards (Giannis, Simmons, Ingram, etc) and bigs with elite skills in passing, shooting, post moves, etc.

Few months ago I thought DLO was on par with KP and the pick success was still TBD. KP has clearly surpassed everyone including Towns.

I agree that this is trending towards a bigs league. When you think about it, it makes perfect sense, too. The big guys who are dominating the league all have guard skills to various extents: think Boogie, AD, Giannis, Simmons, Jokic, Towns, Porzingis, Embiid. It just took time for them to show up, because a future NBA big man born in 1988 probably still grew up idolizing Shaq. Fast forward 3-6 years, and these guys mostly didn't watch Shaq in his prime (I'm in that age range so I know well). So these guys are modeling their games after KD, Kobe, LeBron, etc., and that batch of skilled big men is hitting the league right now.

Guys like Alex Len and Jahlil Okafor are largely wastes of lottery picks at this point.

Its funny with Kobe, because he is probably one of the top 3 post players in the history of the game. And it's not like the post up is dead, it just doesn't seem to be a focus of many teams motion offense anymore. Personally, I think its one of the most beautiful things to watch in basketball.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
tox wrote:
2019 wrote:
tox wrote:
Jokic
KAT
Porzingis
Embiid

People keep taking about this being a guards league but that is something of this current generation. Next gen is starting to be dominated by huge wings/forwards (Giannis, Simmons, Ingram, etc) and bigs with elite skills in passing, shooting, post moves, etc.

Few months ago I thought DLO was on par with KP and the pick success was still TBD. KP has clearly surpassed everyone including Towns.

I agree that this is trending towards a bigs league. When you think about it, it makes perfect sense, too. The big guys who are dominating the league all have guard skills to various extents: think Boogie, AD, Giannis, Simmons, Jokic, Towns, Porzingis, Embiid. It just took time for them to show up, because a future NBA big man born in 1988 probably still grew up idolizing Shaq. Fast forward 3-6 years, and these guys mostly didn't watch Shaq in his prime (I'm in that age range so I know well). So these guys are modeling their games after KD, Kobe, LeBron, etc., and that batch of skilled big men is hitting the league right now.

Guys like Alex Len and Jahlil Okafor are largely wastes of lottery picks at this point.

Its funny with Kobe, because he is probably one of the top 3 post players in the history of the game. And it's not like the post up is dead, it just doesn't seem to be a focus of many teams motion offense anymore. Personally, I think its one of the most beautiful things to watch in basketball.

Well I think many of the players I listed have nice post games. But they don't limit themselves to post games. Jahlil is a great example of what happens if you have a gorgeous post game and just about nothing else going for you: you get benched.
lmaster65
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

I've watched the last 2 games of his and he has been insane. If anyone has doubts about this guy's go-to scoring ability or defense I encourage you to watch those two games (IND and CHA), especially the 4th Q's. I don't think he's gonna average 30 for the season but the drop off won't be big unless his stamina fails him (which he has a history of) or he gets injured. He'll probably get bogged down by hard doubles as the season goes on since the Knicks don't have any other legit threats.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
trablos wrote:
tox wrote:
2019 wrote:
tox wrote:
Jokic
KAT
Porzingis
Embiid

Well I think many of the players I listed have nice post games. But they don't limit themselves to post games. Jahlil is a great example of what happens if you have a gorgeous post game and just about nothing else going for you: you get benched.

Jahlil yes. Alex Len? Disagree. He has the athleticism to play in an uptempo offense. Had a nice game today with full minutes. Suns lost though.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject:

The Knicks better not mess this up. After all these years they finally have a potential HOFer to build around. The good people of the NYC area deserve to have a contending team, and the NBA in general needs us and the Knicks to be contenders to max out their potential as a league.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject:

He’s playing so amazingly well right now.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
He’s playing so amazingly well right now.

Pretty unbelievable tbh. I expected him to peak around 20/9 with a few blocks and decent shooting but he's absolutely unreal this season. He's decidedly more impactful than KAT (never, EVEr though I'd say that) and it's tbh, not close. His team is garbage around him.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

ryan_c wrote:
Porzingod and Ball are perfect combinations.

I know its hind sight and probably wouldnt gotten the same picks but imagine if we Drafted Jokic in 2014/Zingis 2015/ingram 2016/Ball 2017

ball
whoever
ingram
kristap
Jokic

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

I'll trade in Ingram for Brown at this point.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: