The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1194, 1195, 1196 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^Lol. Yes, that's being "honest." Okay.

Because it’s true bruh. I like Randle and his light bulb moment at the defensive end this season but his post game is far from polish. I dunno if he ever get there but he can start by reading the defense and work out with Kobe or Hakeem for footwork this off season.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Because it’s true bruh. I like Randle and his light bulb moment at the defensive end this season but his post game is far from polish. I dunno if he ever get there but he can start by reading the defense and work out with Kobe or Hakeem for footwork this off season.

He has a post game if it's within 3ft
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Go ahead and identify for me all of the possession where he was posted up outside of the key and was allowed to go to work this game. I'll save you the trouble - there was one. He made a reverse spin on Thon Maker which ended in a foul and free throws. Other than that, every time he received the ball near the rim, it wasn't a post up, but either off a drop off or off of a pass as the roll man.

The only basis for you to say he has no post moves comes from Randle being given the ball multiple times in the key already surrounded by 2 or 3 defenders. That's not a post move problem. How can you say he has no post moves when he was only posted up one time? And, most games, he's never posted up or allowed to work in the paint. We don't post Randle up, nor should we. That's not how the game works today nor how we want our offense to run. We're also limited in how much we can post up guys because of our lack of shooting (i.e. the paint is always congested, which is why we get most of our scores in the paint off fast breaks or off the ball movement). However, still, within the limited number of times Randle has actually been posted up and been able to work from the post this season, he's showed great footwork and often scored.

I'll leave at that.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Go ahead and identify for me all of the possession where he was posted up outside of the key and was allowed to go to work this game. I'll save you the trouble - there was one. He made a reverse spin on Thon Maker which ended in a foul and free throws. Other than that, every time he received the ball near the rim, it wasn't a post up, but either off a drop off or off of a pass as the roll man.

The only basis for you to say he has no post moves comes from Randle being given the ball multiple times in the key already surrounded by 2 or 3 defenders. That's not a post move problem. How can you say he has no post moves when he was only posted up one time? And, most games, he's never posted up or allowed to work in the paint. We don't post Randle up, nor should we. That's not how the game works today nor how we want our offense to run. We're also limited in how much we can post up guys because of our lack of shooting (i.e. the paint is always congested, which is why we get most of our scores in the paint off fast breaks or off the ball movement). However, still, within the limited number of times Randle has actually been posted up and been able to work from the post this season, he's showed great footwork and often scored.

I'll leave at that.

I am hoping that this great footwork that you’re implying for Jules will be fulfilled donning the purple and gold. Otherwise, we are on opposite side of spectrum here and

I’ll leave at that.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Randle should not be playing center, I'd rather see what Zubac can do back there. Keep Randle at the 4 or even 3 for goodness sake,

Luke
perry731
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Double & Triple team............ instead of passing out to open man, he just forced the shot. He went back to play his bully ball style again as everyone was praising him how good he was as backup center. He needs to accept the fact that he is an average NBA player at best. He is a role player, not a star.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject:

perry731 wrote:
Double & Triple team............ instead of passing out to open man, .

Which he does plenty of. So stop right there before you start lying and make yourself look bad in front of people that actually watch him play.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I'll leave at that.

The fact that teams feel the need to double and triple team Randle whenever he's in the post says it all about how other teams feel about his post game if they leave a defender alone on an island with him.
perry731
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
perry731 wrote:

Which he does plenty of. So stop right there before you start lying and make yourself look bad in front of people that actually watch him play.

You guys are really funny. Seems you all JR's fans don't watch the same Lakers games as normal people do.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject:

perry731 wrote:
MJST wrote:
perry731 wrote:

You guys are really funny. Seems you all JR's fans don't watch the same Lakers games as normal people do.

No people just actually watch entire games as opposed to those like you that ignore entire games and try to pinpoint one play and make the entire game about it.

You're the kind of people where Jules could pass out of a triple team and get his teammates 3 open three attempts because of it and you'll be radio silent but the one time he doesn't you'll go "look at him being all "me me me"nothings changed."

It's tired at this point and nobody is buying into it.

The rhetoric is over and the only people holding onto it are those that just keep trying to push the same agenda over and over as they'd run out of evidence a long time ago.

But rather than admit you're wrong or change your stance you ignore all evidence of the contrary no matter how overwhelming it is while looking for a slither of light for you to try to go "SEE!? SEE!? I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!"

everyone sees through it st this point given how desperate it's become. So it's time to either admit you're wrong and move on... or keep pushing the same rhetoric hoping someone believes it along with the "I only show up when he plays bad" crew while everyone waits for you all to disappear like usual.
perry731
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
perry731 wrote:
MJST wrote:
perry731 wrote:

No people just actually watch entire games as opposed to those like you that ignore entire games and try to pinpoint one play and make the entire game about it.

You're the kind of people where Jules could pass out of a triple team and get his teammates 3 open three attempts because of it and you'll be radio silent but the one time he doesn't you'll go "look at him being all "me me me"nothings changed."

The rhetoric is over and the only people holding onto it are those that just keep trying to push the same agenda over and over as they'd run out of evidence a long time ago.

But rather than admit you're wrong or change your stance you ignore all evidence of the contrary no matter how overwhelming it is while looking for a slither of light for you to try to go "SEE!? SEE!? I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!"

everyone sees through it st this point given how desperate it's become. So it's time to either admit you're wrong and move on... or keep pushing the same rhetoric hoping someone believes it along with the "I only show up when he plays bad" crew while everyone waits for you all to disappear like usual.

I actually praised Randle few games back here. Only you those die hard JR fans know everything and blindly support him. He went back to bully ball. It’s the fact.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject:

perry731 wrote:
MJST wrote:
perry731 wrote:
MJST wrote:
perry731 wrote:

I actually praised Randle few games back here. Only you those die hard JR fans know everything and blindly support him. He went back to bully ball. It’s the fact.

Far from it actually. But you can keep trying to convince yourself otherwise. It's not worth the effort trying to make you see anything different at this point.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Can't really blame Julius for this loss. He made some mistakes, but the whole team did. The TOs and FTs killed the team.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject:

perry731 wrote:
He went back to bully ball. It’s the fact.

Whatever you want to call it, it's been effective. He got to the line 12 times tonight, and he's averaged over 8 free throws a game over the past three. He's shooting nearly 61% from the field, and he's only shot under 50% in one of the 13 games this season (which was two weeks ago).
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject:

perry731 wrote:
Double & Triple team............ instead of passing out to open man, he just forced the shot. He went back to play his bully ball style again as everyone was praising him how good he was as backup center. He needs to accept the fact that he is an average NBA player at best. He is a role player, not a star.

He's getting double and triple teamed because very few people can stop him by themselves when he's that far under the rim. He was so effective in the pick and roll with Lonzo that as soon as he touched the ball in the post the defense would collapse on him.

And Julius was passing out of those double and triple teams when he could, often he wasn't able to because his teammates never positioned themselves receive a pass.

It's also a bit misguided to be complaining about him playing "Bully ball" when he was getting to the line and knocking down his FT's at a decent clip (unlike everyone else on team).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject:

sign Cousins and PG and you'll have the funds to keep Julius

Boogie/Randle
Kuzzzz/Nance
B.I.
PG10/Hart
Lonzo

that's such an insanely talented lineup
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
sign Cousins and PG and you'll have the funds to keep Julius

Boogie/Randle
Kuzzzz/Nance
B.I.
PG10/Hart
Lonzo

that's such an insanely talented lineup

davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject:

perry731 wrote:
MJST wrote:
perry731 wrote:

Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject:

Randle is strong finisher we need in the paint. Now he even starts to defend and can take some midrange and 3s too. His mobility and ball handling skill separate him from other bigs. Although his court version and passing still need work, but he is willing to learn and has improved himself in many areas like condition, jumper, defense. I see no reason why he can't further improve himself.

Having the strength to battle with bigs in the paint, his speed and mobility make him a potential perfect small ball center. He is a keeper.
augus7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject:

In LG we have Schrodinger's Randle: A player who can simultaneously have a good and bad game.

IMO, Randle should really play bully ball against the Bucks, their frontcourt players aren't strong/thicc enough to body him.

I'm heavily against moving Randle back to power forward. We already saw his role in the future, a small ball center.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject:

I like Randle's medium to down low game when he some room to operate and is facing his defender. His low post, back to the defender game with little room to operate usually ends up very bad. I would love for him to develop this part of the game more than anything. He seems like his right is a little better (still a long way to go).
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject:

The very thing I was worried that LaVar would do with Zo, looks like Coach Calapari is doing for Randle: shining a negative spotlight on the Lakers FO thru (social) media.

It’s hard for me to ever be more proud of one player over another, but when adversity hits, a player’s response says a lot about who he is, how he’s trained, his parents, his coaches and us here at UK.
https://twitter.com/UKCoachCalipari/status/928655325741375489

. -at- J30_RANDLE, who had a dble-dble last night, has shown me something about his character, integrity, and just as importantly, his professionalism. The Lakers chose not to extend his contract, which is their right, but he hasn’t responded negatively - by statements or actions.
https://twitter.com/UKCoachCalipari/status/928655532818423808

Julius is controlling what he can control, which is his play. And you know what, he’s playing as well as he’s played in his life. That’s why I’m proud of him. Can’t wait to see how this unfolds for his family. My guess is better than he even imagined. Proud of you, Julius.
https://twitter.com/UKCoachCalipari/status/928655703513841665

I think this is not good to basically put the Lakers on blast like that. Although Julius deserves more playing time this is the wrong way to go about it IMO.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
The very thing I was worried that LaVar would do with Zo, looks like Coach Calapari is doing for Randle: shining a negative spotlight on the Lakers FO thru (social) media.

It’s hard for me to ever be more proud of one player over another, but when adversity hits, a player’s response says a lot about who he is, how he’s trained, his parents, his coaches and us here at UK.

. _at_ J30_RANDLE, who had a dble-dble last night, has shown me something about his character, integrity, and just as importantly, his professionalism. The Lakers chose not to extend his contract, which is their right, but he hasn’t responded negatively - by statements or actions.

Julius is controlling what he can control, which is his play. And you know what, he’s playing as well as he’s played in his life. That’s why I’m proud of him. Can’t wait to see how this unfolds for his family. My guess is better than he even imagined. Proud of you, Julius.

I think this is not good to basically put the Lakers on blast like that. Although Julius deserves more playing time this is the wrong way to go about it IMO.

It may not be good for the Lakers that Cal put them on blast, but every comment Cal makes is super calculated. Comparing Cal to Lavar is like comparing the CEO of Walmart to some guy who sells shirts from a shopping cart on the corner.

The fact that Cal would use his platform to take a jab at the Lakers should tell you a lot about how the Lakers are perceived right now. Cal is nothing if not NBA friendly.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:

. -at- J30_RANDLE, who had a dble-dble last night, has shown me something about his character, integrity, and just as importantly, his professionalism. The Lakers chose not to extend his contract, which is their right, but he hasn’t responded negatively - by statements or actions.

Good for JR to play hardball with the FO going into a contract year, but it'll end up with him being traded.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
perry731 wrote:
He went back to bully ball. It’s the fact.

Whatever you want to call it, it's been effective. He got to the line 12 times tonight, and he's averaged over 8 free throws a game over the past three. He's shooting nearly 61% from the field, and he's only shot under 50% in one of the 13 games this season (which was two weeks ago).

Randle has been arguably the best player we have this season, even with those line above, people still focus on past negatives. This kid is good, he fits the modern day skills of a big and above avg too
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1194, 1195, 1196 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1195 of 1536
Jump to: